• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 29/12/18 5.30pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson [off 82’]

• Fabinho

• Wijnaldum [off 76’]

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • Shaqiri

• Salah [GOAL 45+2’]

• Firmino [GOAL 14’, GOAL 16’, GOAL 65’]

Votes: 146 74.9%
  • Mane [off 61’, GOAL 32’]

• Henderson [on 61’]

• Lallana [on 76’]

• Clyne [on 82’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
My voice has completely gone so you can’t hear this.

But what the heck was that?

Firmino motm.

There’s a new Fabinho song - not sure it will stick:

“He’s tall, he’s red, he scores with his bald head. Fabinho!”

Amazing score line, not sure if performance warranted it - but we looked totally safe once we scored 3.

It’s happening - it really is.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Totally dominating performance and in all honesty, we were not at our absolute best yet~

So lets celebrate 9 points clear tonight...but we all know things can change very fast...lets celebrate and then focus on the next hurdle. We need to keep finishing off and dousing any thoughts of them being able to catch up.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Wow,if you want a response to going behind,that is it.
Just how good is this team?
Loved Mo giving Bobby that penalty,Wij and Shaq had blinders,how the fuck do you get a Motm out of that?
It was hard enough last game but here??
It was a great team effort,but at the end of the day give it to Wij,but so bloody hard with Bobby's hat trick.

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
A lone Everton fan in the pub made a horrendous mistake when he jumped up and actually celebrated when Arsenal scored. What a bellend! You can imagine what happened next, personally I thought it was a terrible waste of good beer!
hahaha...you've gotta give him kudos for being plucky.

RedForever2014

Another solid performance laced with sporadic brilliance.

Still a bit shocked we got two penalties. You can put your house on big baby Guardiola making a meal of it before Thursday.

The only real criticism I have is that we were a bit sloppy at times and could have been punished. Need to tighten up on the mistakes for Thursday.

We also looked a bit open in midfield for some reason, which was hard to pin down as to why, given that Fabinho was solid (though not at his best) save for a couple of dodgy moments and given that Gini was a Rolls Royce yet again.

Really hoping we do something in the transfer market to cement this position. Injuries could yet disrupt us and it would be a shame if we didn't do something and regretted it.

What a boost it would be to announce the signing of a couple of quality players before we play City. A forward or two, with Origi and Solanke being sold and loaned, and maybe a new left back.

Really hope we can go to City and deliver another blow. Keep this up in the PL before the CL kicks in again and maybe they'll concentrate on that a bit.

Then we can sneak our way to the final and beat them in that too. Good to dream a little hey.

There'd be no more fitting tribute to our fallen brothers and sisters on the 30th anniversary of Hillsborough, than for our beloved reds to be sat back on our perch at home and abroad.

A happy, healthy and prosperous 2019 to all of you and of course to all at LFC.

Dave-D

Gini a very close second but Bobby was MOTM, hat trick hero and an assist.
Arsenal scored which made the team angry and it wasn’t a very good goal to concede but there was no panic and Liverpool scored FIVE :celebrating::celebrating::celebrating:
Can see Clyne now being RB/LB back up until the summer at least.

Now it’s over to you City and the Liverpool’s player can get a well deserved rest

Coddite84

Called it after the Newcastle game that spurs would spurs it. Didn't think it would be this soon. Phenomenal performance today we blew Arsenal away. Bobby and Shaq were brilliant! Now to smash shiteh!

Alright Now

Totally dominating performance and in all honesty, we were not at our absolute best yet~

So lets celebrate 9 points clear tonight...but we all know things can change very fast...lets celebrate and then focus on the next hurdle. We need to keep finishing off and dousing any thoughts of them being able to catch up.
Let’s win it without hitting our absolute best this season, and then hit it next season and win it again.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
@nobluff has a job for life, you can no no longer go on holiday, be sick, be working during any period for the rest of this season
I'd like to give my vote to @nobluff.... if he is as consistent as we've seen so far throughout the season, give me his address, I be sending him a nice little gift.
Will post a pre match thread tomorrow after all other games are finished.

The game itself was amazing. I was watching their goal celebration and thinking to myself, I really don’t like any player that scores against us, then by half time I was thinking, nah, he’s an ok lad, just young and foolish.

A nice boost in goal difference, a bit of help from the team with the Scouse captain, now time for Mr Ings to help his teams.

I expect Gini to get MOM, I think his first of the year? I haven’t checked the voting yet, just going by the game, and the number of positive mentions in the game thread.

PS: forgot about the Bobby hat trick, I shouldn’t change my vote thou.

Alright Now

S
My voice has completely gone so you can’t hear this.

But what the heck was that?

Firmino motm.

There’s a new Fabinho song - not sure it will stick:

“He’s tall, he’s red, he scores with his bald head. Fabinho!”

Amazing score line, not sure if performance warranted it - but we looked totally safe once we scored 3.

It’s happening - it really is.
So happy for you! Tell us more about the atmosphere when you have recovered.