• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 29/12/18 5.30pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson [off 82’]

• Fabinho

• Wijnaldum [off 76’]

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • Shaqiri

• Salah [GOAL 45+2’]

• Firmino [GOAL 14’, GOAL 16’, GOAL 65’]

Votes: 146 74.9%
  • Mane [off 61’, GOAL 32’]

• Henderson [on 61’]

• Lallana [on 76’]

• Clyne [on 82’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lidoris

TIA New Signing
Too good to be true!
And I'm not talking about the result 5-1, I'm talking about the style of play, the confidence, the sharpness upfront...
It's like Klopp got the right instrument for super fine tuning of Liverpool...
Good words for everybody, even for Lallana :)
I have to be honest, after the Real Madrid defeat at CL final, I thought it will be very hard to find the right rhythm and our main goal would be top 4.
Now, I'm starting to believe that there is a real chance for the title... Performances like that make me dreaming...

mikodelniko13

much needed 4 goal difference as we are bit behind :) , great response to going down 1-0 early but still we lost the ball more times than we should have and we cant do this with city. 9 points . lets keep the momentum. great spirt within the team salah getting one penalty and bobi the 2nd . i am not convinced that salah should take penalties

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Milner coming back would be massive. Great to see lallana also getting minutes. This is going to be long season, every player needs to contribute.
We need luck to win the title. Mahrez missing the penalty at anfield was a big moment in my eyes.
We have grown as a team and have really won some hard fought games. Everton, palace, fulham, Leicester , Huddersfield. These were the games where we would have dropped point's.
Now that the momentum is there, our focus should be on the next game only. Just be relentless, game after game.
With every win, we are one step closer. 18 more games to go.

[email protected]

What a fecking Game of Football that was! Well done everyone of the Lads on the pitch!
First half was a reminder of our last Year full throttle Football! Boy did i missed that!
The second half was Routine one! Take a BOW KOP for cheering so laud the Lads on the pitch.
Roll on City we Keep on Marching!!
P.S Alisson B what afecking Beauty GOALIE YOU are!

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Still really stuck on MotM. It is really a matter of what you look for in a performance. The explosive moment of passion, or relentless precision and energy over the entire match.

Wijnaldum was everywhere, with and without the ball, just dominated the center of the field, even at times drawing three Arsenal defenders. Defensively, I am not sure how many interceptions he ended up with, but he just absolutely suffocated the passing lanes. One missed pass all match, I believe. Stunning performance.

On the other hand, we were momentarily rocked by the Arsenal goal, and Firmino basically looked around and said 'I've got this'. Astonishing second goal in particular. The hat trick was almost a formality with the penalty, but those two goals were a big 'FUCK YOU, BRING IT' to City.

It is almost unfair that we have to choose.

Knokke

What a performance! Poor goal to concede with Lovern and Robbo being my main culprits.
Bobby! What a man ,was admittedly questioning his role this season but this game has shut me up. Front three clicked today and in general all players outplayed every Arsenal player. Future is exciting with this side and the lads deserve a trophy.YNWA
Sure Bobby doesn‘t score as much goals as last season but his role is extremely important this season in my opinion. He creates so much space for Mo/Sadio in front with his presence. And his defensive work has developed even more compared to last year. Cheers from Austria and YNWA

Alright Now

Still really stuck on MotM. It is really a matter of what you look for in a performance. The explosive moment of passion, or relentless precision and energy over the entire match.

Wijnaldum was everywhere, with and without the ball, just dominated the center of the field, even at times drawing three Arsenal defenders. Defensively, I am not sure how many interceptions he ended up with, but he just absolutely suffocated the passing lanes. One missed pass all match, I believe. Stunning performance.

On the other hand, we were momentarily rocked by the Arsenal goal, and Firmino basically looked around and said 'I've got this'. Astonishing second goal in particular. The hat trick was almost a formality with the penalty, but those two goals were a big 'FUCK YOU, BRING IT' to City.

It is almost unfair that we have to choose.
Somewhere Otamendi is shaking.

Commando

Ad-free Member
I've bucked the trend for my MOTM. I know why people have voted for Bobby and Gini, but I've gone for Shaq. I thought that he was immense today. Had a fine game in the middle there and for me his best shift in a Red shirt so far. Taking nothing away from the two I've mentioned though. I also thought that Trent was marvellous today as well. He made a lot more headed clearances than I 'be ever seen from him before. That ball that Robbo caught down near the corner flag late in the game that eve tone else had given up for an Arsenal throw. I said when the ball was passed "oh, unlucky. That was a good ball". Only for Robbo to keep running and catch it. Amazing. He was playing like it was 1-1 and we needed a winner. Some great little interplays between Mo, Bobby, Shaq and Sadio.
I'm hoarse. We drowned out the Arse fans apart from right after they scored and sang the 1-0 song. I nearly p1553d myself on 30 minutes when one of there players was down and receiving treatment. They started singing "where's your famous atmosphere"? Proper blerts.

FGred

' And now you're gonna believe us .......' - avoid defeat at City on Thursday and we're going to be hearing plenty of that.

Stunning stuff from our front three today. Back to their very best. Nice touch from Mo to give the pen to Bobby for his hat-trick , exemplifies the bond that exists between these players. It's that as much as our sheer quality which is beginning to shine through and which will be rewarded come the season's end.

Magic.
Yes that was a very nice touch from Mo I cant see Kane doing that on his mothers life