Post match: Liverpool v Athletico Madrid (UCL 11/3/20 8pm)

Man of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Gomez

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Robertson

• Henderson [off 105’]

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Wijnaldum [GOAL 43’, off 105’]

Votes: 44 43.1%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 82’]

Votes: 65 63.7%
  • Salah

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Firmino [GOAL 94’, off 114’]

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Mane

• Milner [on 82’]

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Fabino [on 105’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Origi [on 105’]

• Minamino [on 114’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Submarine

DipVARfool for life.
I don't think we're as good as we were this time last year and this game came at the wrong time for us. But, shit happens and we go again! Just the small matter of wrapping up the league now and then injecting some new blood into the side for next season :)(y)

Alright Now

I don't think we're as good as we were this time last year and this game came at the wrong time for us. But, shit happens and we go again! Just the small matter of wrapping up the league now and then injecting some new blood into the side for next season :)(y)
I thought we were very good yesterday until the fateful moment that changed our shape. If I step back, I’d argue the two halves we played yesterday were better than those we played in the CL final last season.

Limiescouse

Adrian made a mistake... Adrian also kept a clean sheet for the 90 and it should have been over and done by then.
It also did not directly lead to the goal the same way Alison's fuck up against Leicester last season did, or Ederson's on Sunday. It was a fuck up that was compounded by a terrible slice of bad luck in the pitch cutting up as he tried to plant his feet in preparation to dive. It was a mistake and its one he'll feel bad about, but with the amount we dominated that game and the chances we created it was a travesty it was only 1-0 after 90 minutes. Plenty of other players share this blame as their carelessness was at least as responsible for us not getting the result we needed.

Red Submarine

DipVARfool for life.
I thought we were very good yesterday until the fateful moment that changed our shape. If I step back, I’d argue the two halves we played yesterday were better than those we played in the CL final last season.
I thought we played well too but we were wasteful :( I thought AM were very good too to be fair. Very little of the shithousery I was expecting and for the most part the ref was good too. Just one of those nights unfortunately!

Alright Now

I thought we played well too but we were wasteful :( I thought AM were very good too to be fair. Very little of the shithousery I was expecting and for the most part the ref was good too. Just one of those nights unfortunately!
That’s a fair point. But it’s unfair to use fair points against me.:)

My college roommate texted me right toward the end of the second half that he had a bad feeling we would rue the missed chances. Of course, I told him to leave me alone in my usual over optimistic way.

SBYM

What the fuck do you want?
Ad-free Member
That’s a fair point. But it’s unfair to use fair points against me.:)

My college roommate texted me right toward the end of the second half that he had a bad feeling we would rue the missed chances. Of course, I told him to leave me alone in my usual over optimistic way.
I hope there were four letter words involved.

Commando

Ad-free Member
All that needed to happen is the ball to go into the air he just hit it wrong in his hurry. Then again with that wind perhaps it would have come straight back anyway. :unsure:

No, the wind was blowing towards the ARE. I said to the lad next to me that those in the ARE would be getting piss wet through from the rain.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Anyways...a good article on the main page.

Just think about how JK got the lads to bounce back from Kiev.

Semis as a minimum next year, fucking guaranteed.
Speak for yourself, semis is what I've had for most of this year.

Redsi73

On reflection today, im not as gutted as i thought i would be.

It was an excellent game, and apart from some wayward finishing and the obvious error that rocked us we smashed ATM out of the park.

We're not going to win everything and shouuldn't expect to do so, and every cloud has a silver lining.............WE'RE GONNA WIN THE FUCKING LEAGUE

koptician

We'll go again!
Gave myself time before I came here. We were very unlucky. You can't legislate for the mistake and also the pitch cutting up at that moment. We should have won it in regulation time. I'm sure the club will learn from this (we learned from Real, and the previous league campaign). A bit more guile and creativity plus a bit more clinical finishing and we'd be easily through this tie. I'm sure Michael Edwards and the rest will take that under consideration the way we decisively went for Ali after the CL Final loss.
Have a lie down, read about the coronavirus, stay safe. We are winning the league after 30 years and we are world champions. That will more than do for me thank you very much. YNWA!!!

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
Yes I was upset, but, we played well and I think were the better team, and were treated pretty unfairly in the important first leg. With another ref in the first leg we may have one. BUT Im glad we got so far, and we are still the CL champions and we are about to win the league, the manager is great, the owners are great, the club is in great condition with everyone pulling in the right direction, the squad is still young and hungry and CAN get better.
This one game will not destroy where we are at the moment, and what we have already achieved in a successful season.

SirBillShankly

God help and protect us.
I don't like the criticism Adrian is getting. Yes he was poor and cost us the game and further progress in Champions League. But EVERY player has a poor game. Let's not forget the games we won with him on the pitch.
Exactly. The weather conditions were appalling in his defence. I like Adrian, appears to be a brilliant character and he has been decent 'keeper for us most of the time hes been called upon.

However, his mistake last night and at Stamford Bridge are the major reason why we also got knocked out of the both cups.

I understand that' its unrealistict to expect faultless performance from a second choice, then again both errors really are avoidable. I think we can and should look to bring in a more reliable 'keeper in the Summer.