• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match Liverpool v Barcelona (UCL 7/5/2019 7.45pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 72 27.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 76 28.8%
  • Matip

Votes: 43 16.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Robertson [off 45’]

Votes: 34 12.9%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 69 26.1%
  • Henderson

Votes: 48 18.2%
  • Milner

Votes: 34 12.9%
  • Shaqiri

Votes: 31 11.7%
  • Mane

Votes: 37 14.0%
  • Origi [GOAL 7’, GOAL 78’, went off at some point)

Votes: 96 36.4%
  • Wijnaldum [on 45’, GOAL 54, GOAL 56’]

Votes: 82 31.1%
  • Gomez (on something or other)

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I think Sturridge came on at the end.

Votes: 26 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheSweetSilverSong

I'm finally back to my senses after what happened, probably able to type...(I'll degrees a lot, but if you bear with me, it really all is about this game.

Sorry to my fellow supporters here, feel free to ignore everything in this post, but I just need to write this all off my chest...)

My last post was at half-time in Camp Nou. Somewhere between there and the final whistle I lost my mind....
I was broken...
Klopp's words and calmness in his post much were soothing, but on the other hand I felt for him, because he didn't deserve to go out like this. On a day we had dominated Barca in their own turf, but nothing was going for us and everything seemed to work for them. Ditto Virgil's words and calmness. It was a calmness I couldn't share at the moment, but it was a calmness that helped me a lot.

A message from an arrogant friend came after 1-0, "what a game, we'll destroy you, *enter swear word directed towards me*".
Albeit in humour (said friend is an actor that thinks has a huge sense of humour, and who knows nothing about football and thinks he supports Barca - well, at least he matches their arrogance), it hit where it hurts.
I didn't reply. Not yet - there was something inside me telling me a better reply could come in time. So I ignored it.

This thought after the message, the calmness of Klopp and Van Dijk in the post match, and something that I couldn't define inside me, were the things keeping me through the week.

Thankfully, the Newcastle game came. Still no Firmino. As you know, I'm one that still has hopes for the League, even now, thinking that the "in our hands" way of thinking is severely flawed. It's games. It's not won or lost, until it's won or lost. I understand what "in our hands" means, but I think it's completely irrelevant. It does get more and more relevant, the fewer games there are to play, but hearing it since January felt just wrong to me.
For the Newcastle game, it was still as close as it gets. Beat them, and leapfrog City who had to face Leicester, and even if they beat them, it would mean we take them to the very last day with a point difference. Beat Newcastle, and anything can happen. This game, 3 days right after the blow we suffered at Camp Nou, was keeping me going.
With the intensity of the game and them coming to level every time, it was turning into one of those typical games of old between Liverpool and Newcastle.
With Salah injured, added to Firmino and Keita already being unavailable and costing us vs Barca (after Firmino came on for the last few minutes vs Barca, we were so much more dangerous that I couldn't help thinking how unfortunate it was he got injured out of the blue and that the result could have been totally different), it really started to feel as if we'd collapse with injuries just at the time where we needed to finish off our enormous efforts in both campaigns. This was the perspective at the moment. And it was a negative one. The game I needed to distract my attention from the loss at Camp Nou, was doing more damage than help.
And then Origi came in, and Shaq. "Fringe" players, not trusted throughout the season, but two players that in the past had shown class performances. That past seemed to be too long ago when the substitutions were made. And the game was killed, with too much time lost with Salah down, and then some Newcastle players down...
But then they just brought that past sense to the foreground again. Van Dijk shouting to Trent to let Shaq hit the free kick, and then Shaq curling it beautifully and Origi brushing it in with a header. We did it, taking everything to the last day - whether City would win, draw or lose vs Leicester.
And I couldn't help thinking, that had Salah not been injured and subbed, we may have not won that game.

And the result of that game gave me further belief that we were still alive. I ignored the City game on Saturday, only checking the result once at 55th minute, seeing it was still 0-0, but without allowing myself to start thinking things that didn't happen yet. I checked again at FT, and saw the 1-0, and saw the comments here about the goal. Wasn't very surprised. I didn't let it affect me. Still taking it to the very last day, still anything can happen.

But my mind was back to thinking of the upcoming Anfield game. A game I was desperately trying to attend too, as my first game in Anfield with my 15 year old son (and Liverpool player at the international academy here in Cyprus, and loyal supporter), but it seemed to not be doable.
Since the Newcastle win, I couldn't really do anything until Tuesday. I killed time with the family, which helped, and spent the 3 days worrying inside.

Then on Monday, news came that Salah would not play. Devastated. But that I was already, and it was already seemingly impossible. On the same day, a fellow supporter from the official supporters' club here was telling me that he was prepared that we'd finish this amazing campaign with no trophies, and that the old "almost" tag would be stuck with us. I told him that every single fan of any other english team would trade places with us without second thought - even City, for it is the CL that they want, much more than the League (heck they fired a manager after winning the League because he wouldn't take them far in Europe) and being in the semis, even with our backs on the wall, is something they would have taken right now. That even if Arsenal or Chelsea win the Europa League, they'd prefer to be in the semis of the Champions League and challenge for it, and a point behind City in the League with a game to go, rather than where they are. United? In no man's land.
"Let's see what happens", I told him, "nothing is over just yet, both here and in the league, we're still in both competitions, aren't we!"
"All the players and supporters have to do is be Liverpool. Be Liverpool. Believerpool..."

The first leg unanswered message, Klopp's calmness in post-match and this pre-match, the Newcastle win, and this conversation on the day of the game, armed me with belief.

At night, everything happened in a real dreamy way...a chaos of thoughts and images, a blurry of emotions.

My wife - I never saw her like this. She would always watch the games with me, and was sad we lost the way we lost the week before, but in this game she would just stand to watch - she couldn't remain seated. It was a coming of age for her as a Liverpool fan. My son wore the Mane10 jersey that has an impeccable record. The family, a punch of support to feed my belief.

The game was on, and we came in full metal mode.
The starting line-up depleted, with the heroes of Newcastle starting though.
And one of them did start it all with the first goal. Everything started with Mane's anticipation of Barca's back pass, stealing it and giving it to the captain, who stormed to get himself past Barca's defenders for the shot - not a perfect shot by any means, but dangerous enough for Ter Stegen to parry away, only for Origi to burst in for the finish. We were jumping up and down.

Then the anger of watching Barca's Dark Arts, with Suarez provoking Robbo, and at some point kicking him. And at half time, the sense of belief growing, discussing that if we can score a second in the first 15 minutes, it would be game on. Just keep it clean at the back and watch for the counters.
And at 2nd half, something that we had dreaded - Robbo unable to continue. But it was at this moment, that something we were unaware of happened. Gini came in, so Milner would drop back to Left Back. My son was disappointed by him in the first leg, and Gini is his favourite player after Mane. I told him he did well for what his task was, and that Firmino (my own favourite player) can't really be replaced better than that.

But little did we know that Gini had a whole backstory, that explains his name. That, in turn, explains the tags stuck to us by the media and other bitter rival fans. We would find out in less than 20 minutes.

Because Klopp knew we had a Gini, and he put it in a bottle.

And at half time, Klopp let the Gini out of the bottle.

3 wishes.

And Gini started working the first one, with two goals within less than 20 minutes, who stated later in the game that he was angry at the manager for starting him on the bench. But that anger was probably pivotal, as Klopp usually says.
The game was on already, don't concede and take it to extra time. Wijnaldum with amazing footwork, embarrassing Busquets and Arthur, had my son rolling on the floor screaming (being a striker, he's all for being impressed by the skills and tricks).

The 1st wish was to go through. And although it was not Gini that would finish off the wish, it was Gini-ous Trent, playing the whole Barca defence for fools with his corner take, and what a finish by Divock Origi to finish what he started!
"You can't stop the Divock!!!!"
What an absolute hero, he got us up from the couch and in a full family joy mode!!! We were ecstatic! Just had to survive the heartbeat, which was just crazy.

Fabinho earning a clever foul, Milner protecting the ball near their corner a moment later, and there it was....the final whistle!!!!
An experience that we'll remember all our lives, whatever happens in the Final...
Heart was mended...
Message was answered - "Eat shit (Oh and shut up altogether)".

My son asked me a month ago, "Dad, do you think that Messi is the greatest of all times?". I said "Son, for many things, he definitely is. What he's done no other player has done before, and what he can do can define the course of any game. There's a few things he's missing to say for sure that he's the greatest of all time, but for sure he's the greatest player of his generation and one of the best of all time."
My son the asked "If we're lucky to be watching football at a time where Messi is playing, why aren't we watching more games with him?"
And I said that "I think after he retires we can say we have watched enough games of Messi, and we'll watch another two in a couple of months. But to tell you the truth, I think we're lucky to be watching football at a time where this Liverpool team is playing..."
And after this semifinal tie, I think that in 20 years time, we'll be looking back to it with my son, remembering that we were watching football when he was a kid and during Messi's reign, and the most amazing thing we remember is how we humbled him at Anfield.

What a team performance - the whole team and subs used, Klopp and the Anfield supporters, MOTM!!!

Fabinho just perfect, destroying everything in his path...
Absolutely dominant along with Henderson, who was Imperious. Beaten the Barca midfield. Will be so happy if Henderson lifts the trophy. How he transformed our run in in both competitions.
He may not be scouse on paper, but his heart and soul seem to be, he's got the spirit. Here since 19, what he went through and where his persistence and hard work got him, is amazing to witness.

Allison with a game to remember...for all the goals we scored, had we conceded one between any of the goals, it would change the game so much. Allison made sure they wouldn't start believing. He kept their hopes down. He helped destroy their psychology and mentality. Massive, massive clean sheet - a thing that put the whole level of the comeback difficulty from 7/10 to a 10/10.

Van Dijk and Matip giants. Robertson must be the reincarnation of a scottish Flash Gordon. And Milner wherever the team needed him to put a shift. Pretty much everywhere. Mane amazing, will never forget that his anticipation started it all for the first goal. And it's only logical that he didn't score - without the other two strikers, Barca would focus on him. But he did not need to. He just kept them busy and provided danger.

Origi and Shaq, picking up where they left it at the weekend, the first with 2 goals to start and finish the best comeback of all times, and the second, giving us multiple strokes with his slow passes that lost possession during the game, but erased it all with a wonderful assist when it mattered!!!

And I finally understand that Trent's name is a ploy. TAA is an acronym that stands for The Assist Artist. What a game by our 20 year old scouser, 2 assists to help get us through.

And Gini. The dutch Genius. Our very own Gini in a bottle (little did Suarez know that he had rub it when he injured Robbo).

Bringing the WijnalDOOM on them with storm run for the shot, and a header, worthy of a flying dutch-man legend.

The rival supporters and media are right after all.

We are bottlers.

But not as they understand it.

We're bottlers because we have a Gini in a bottle.

3 wishes.

1 used up.

2 finals to go = 2 more wishes.

Win vs Wolves, win the final.

Wherever it may bring us.

YNWA

Last edited:

Commando

Ad-free Member
Doesn't everyone have scarves that they hold over their heads? Personally, don't give me any kind of shitty plastic flag. Give me something nice, like a t-shirt, or a scarf or I'll handle it myself...
I think you've missed the sarcasm there Pete. :)

If anyone is in any doubt how much of a cunt Martin Tyler is then just listen to his commentary. Absolute prick.
Martin Tyler absolutely gutted over all them goals, no passion whatsoever
No doubt Tyler is a cunt, but I’m not hearing a problem with this.

Compare that commentary with his commentary for the Rashford goal at old toilet the other season. Or compare it with the Radio City commentary posted in the clip above.

Commando

Ad-free Member
I'm finally back to my senses after what happened, probably able to type...(I'll degrees a lot, but if you bare with me, it really all is about this game.

Sorry to my fellow supporters here, feel free to ignore everything in this post, but I just need to write this all off my chest...)

My last post was at half-time in Camp Nou. Somewhere between there and the final whistle I lost my mind....
I was broken...
Klopp's words and calmness in his post much were soothing, but on the other hand I felt for him, because he didn't deserve to go out like this. On a day we had dominated Barca in their own turf, but nothing was going for us and everything seemed to work for them. Ditto Virgil's words and calmness. It was a calmness I couldn't share at the moment, but it was a calmness that helped me a lot.

A message from an arrogant friend came after 1-0, "what a game, we'll destroy you, *enter swear word directed towards me*".
Albeit in humour (said friend is an actor that thinks has a huge sense of humour, and who knows nothing about football and thinks he supports Barca - well, at least he matches their arrogance), it hit where it hurts.
I didn't reply. Not yet - there was something inside me telling me a better reply could come in time. So I ignored it.

This thought after the message, the calmness of Klopp and Van Dijk in the post match, and something that I couldn't define inside me, were the things keeping me through the week.

Thankfully, the Newcastle game came. Still no Firmino. As you know, I'm one that still has hopes for the League, even now, thinking that the "in our hands" way of thinking is severely flawed. It's games. It's not won or lost, until it's won or lost. I understand what "in our hands" means, but I think it's completely irrelevant. It does get more and more relevant, the fewer games there are to play, but hearing it since January felt just wrong to me.
For the Newcastle game, it was still as close as it gets. Beat them, and leapfrog City who had to face Leicester, and even if they beat them, it would mean we take them to the very last day with a point difference. Beat Newcastle, and anything can happen. This game, 3 days right after the blow we suffered at Camp Nou, was keeping me going.
With the intensity of the game and them coming to level every time, it was turning into one of those typical games of old between Liverpool and Newcastle.
With Salah injured, added to Firmino and Keita already being unavailable and costing us vs Barca (after Firmino came on for the last few minutes vs Barca, we were so much more dangerous that I couldn't help thinking how unfortunate it was he got injured out of the blue and that the result could have been totally different), it really started to feel as if we'd collapse with injuries just at the time where we needed to finish off our enormous efforts in both campaigns. This was the perspective at the moment. And it was a negative one. The game I needed to distract my attention from the loss at Camp Nou, was doing more damage than help.
And then Origi came in, and Shaq. "Fringe" players, not trusted throughout the season, but two players that in the past had shown class performances. That past seemed to be too long ago when the substitutions were made. And the game was killed, with too much time lost with Salah down, and then some Newcastle players down...
But then they just brought that past sense to the foreground again. Van Dijk shouting to Trent to let Shaq hit the free kick, and then Shaq curling it beautifully and Origi brushing it in with a header. We did it, taking everything to the last day - whether City would win, draw or lose vs Leicester.
And I couldn't help thinking, that had Salah not been injured and subbed, we may have not won that game.

And the result of that game gave me further belief that we were still alive. I ignored the City game on Saturday, only checking the result once at 55th minute, seeing it was still 0-0, but without allowing myself to start thinking things that didn't happen yet. I checked again at FT, and saw the 1-0, and saw the comments here about the goal. Wasn't very surprised. I didn't let it affect me. Still taking it to the very last day, still anything can happen.

But my mind was back to thinking of the upcoming Anfield game. A game I was desperately trying to attend too, as my first game in Anfield with my 15 year old son (and Liverpool player at the international academy here in Cyprus, and loyal supporter), but it seemed to not be doable.
Since the Newcastle win, I couldn't really do anything until Tuesday. I killed time with the family, which helped, and spent the 3 days worrying inside.

Then on Monday, news came that Salah would not play. Devastated. But that I was already, and it was already seemingly impossible. On the same day, a fellow supporter from the official supporters' club here was telling me that he was prepared that we'd finish this amazing campaign with no trophies, and that the old "almost" tag would be stuck with us. I told him that every single fan of any other english team would trade places with us without second thought - even City, for it is the CL that they want, much more than the League (heck they fired a manager after winning the League because he wouldn't take them far in Europe) and being in the semis, even with our backs on the wall, is something they would have taken right now. That even if Arsenal or Chelsea win the Europa League, they'd prefer to be in the semis of the Champions League and challenge for it, and a point behind City in the League with a game to go, rather than where they are. United? In no man's land.
"Let's see what happens", I told him, "nothing is over just yet, both here and in the league, we're still in both competitions, aren't we!"
"All the players and supporters have to do is be Liverpool. Be Liverpool. Believerpool..."

The first leg unanswered message, Klopp's calmness in post-match and this pre-match, the Newcastle win, and this conversation on the day of the game, armed me with belief.

At night, everything happened in a real dreamy way...a chaos of thoughts and images, a blurry of emotions.

My wife - I never saw her like this. She would always watch the games with me, and was sad we lost the way we lost the week before, but in this game she would just stand to watch - she couldn't remain seated. It was a coming of age for her as a Liverpool fan. My son wore the Mane10 jersey that has an impeccable record. The family, a punch of support to feed my belief.

And one of them did start it all with the first goal. Everything started with Mane's anticipation of Barca's back pass, stealing it and giving it to the captain, who stormed to get himself past Barca's defenders for the shot - not a perfect shot by any means, but dangerous enough for Ter Stegen to parry away, only for Origi to burst in for the finish. We were jumping up and down.

Then the anger of watching Barca's Dark Arts, with Suarez provoking Robbo, and at some point kicking him. And at half time, the sense of belief growing, discussing that if we can score a second in the first 15 minutes, it would be game on. Just keep it clean at the back and watch for the counters.
And at 2nd half, something that we had dreaded - Robbo unable to continue. But it was at this moment, that something we were unaware of happened. Gini came in, so Milner would drop back to Left Back. My son was disappointed by him in the first leg, and Gini is his favourite player after Mane. I told him he did well for what his task was, and that Firmino (my own favourite player) can't really be replaced better than that.

But little did we know that Gini had a whole backstory, that explains his name. That, in turn, explains the tags stuck to us by the media and other bitter rival fans. We would find out in less than 20 minutes.

3 wishes.

And Gini started working the first one, with two goals within less than 20 minutes, who stated later in the game that he was angry at the manager for starting him on the bench. But that anger was probably pivotal, as Klopp usually says.
The game was on already, don't concede and take it to extra time. Wijnaldum with amazing footwork, embarrassing Busquets and Arthur, had my son rolling on the floor screaming (being a striker, he's all for being impressed by the skills and tricks).

The 1st wish was to go through. And although it was not Gini that would finish off the wish, it was Gini-ous Trent, playing the whole Barca defence for fools with his corner take, and what a finish by Divock Origi to finish what he started!
What an absolute hero, he got us up from the couch and in a full family joy mode!!! We were ecstatic! Just had to survive the heartbeat, which was just crazy.

Fabinho earning a clever foul, Milner protecting the ball near their corner a moment later, and there it was....the final whistle!!!!
An experience that we'll remember all our lives, whatever happens in the Final...
Heart was mended...

My son asked me a month ago, "Dad, do you think that Messi is the greatest of all times?". I said "Son, for many things, he definitely is. What he's done no other player has done before, and what he can do can define the course of any game. There's a few things he's missing to say for sure that he's the greatest of all time, but for sure he's the greatest player of his generation and one of the best of all time."
My son the asked "If we're lucky to be watching football at a time where Messi is playing, why aren't we watching more games with him?"
And I said that "I think after he retires we can say we have watched enough games of Messi, and we'll watch another two in a couple of months. But to tell you the truth, I think we're lucky to be watching football at a time where this Liverpool team is playing..."
And after this semifinal tie, I think that in 20 years time, we'll be looking back to it with my son, remembering that we were watching football when he was a kid and during Messi's reign, and the most amazing thing we remember is how we humbled him at Anfield.

What a team performance - the whole team and subs used, Klopp and the Anfield supporters, MOTM!!!

Absolutely dominant along with Henderson, who was Imperious. Beaten the Barca midfield. Will be so happy if Henderson lifts the trophy. How he transformed our run in in both competitions.
He may not be scouse on paper, but his heart and soul seem to be, he's got the spirit. Here since 19, what he went through and where his persistence and hard work got him, is amazing to witness.

Allison with a game to remember...for all the goals we scored, had we conceded one between any of the goals, it would change the game so much. Allison made sure they wouldn't start believing. He kept their hopes down. He helped destroy their psychology and mentality. Massive, massive clean sheet - a thing that put the whole level of the comeback difficulty from 7/10 to a 10/10.

Van Dijk and Matip giants. Robertson must be the reincarnation of a scottish Flash Gordon. And Milner wherever the team needed him to put a shift. Pretty much everywhere. Mane amazing, will never forget that his anticipation started it all for the first goal. And it's only logical that he didn't score - without the other two strikers, Barca would focus on him. But he did not need to. He just kept them busy and provided danger.

Origi and Shaq, picking up where they left it at the weekend, the first with 2 goals to start and finish the best comeback of all times, and the second, giving us multiple strokes with his slow passes that lost possession during the game, but erased it all with a wonderful assist when it mattered!!!

And I finally understand that Trent's name is a ploy. TAA is an acronym that stands for The Assist Artist. What a game by our 20 year old scouser, 2 assists to help get us through.

And Gini. The dutch Genius. Our very own Gini in a bottle (little did Suarez know that he had rub it when he injured Robbo).

Bringing the WijnalDOOM on them with storm run for the shot, and a header, worthy of a flying dutch-man legend.

We are bottlers.

3 wishes.

1 used up.

YNWA
That's great post @TheSweetSilverSong. I love the "Gini in a bottle" and TAA "The Assist Artist" references. :well done:

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
I need you ask one of you something - I have always considered my self as a "nutural" football fan, not really supporting anyone, just loving football as a whole but liverpool seem to of captured my heart in the last 2 years.

it's strange because even know I've always considered my self to be a nutural I always seem to be rooting for liverpool? I want them to win the league, I want them to win the champions league, i tune into every liverpool game, I'm always looking at liverpool transfer news... the question is do I support liverpool? I went crazy when they won barce last night.

In all honesty I just need a real supporter if liverpool to clarify this for me, do I support liverpool?
You are on the way,you just need to add the ability to go bananas,and drive your cardiologist mad and you are there.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Sorry all, the post was meant to be a joke, and while I was writing it, it seemed like a joke, which highlighted the fact that it will most likely not read as a joke, which made me think I should add a smiley face at the end, which I swear I did! I am 52 so I should have known better, as you folks older than me are overly sensitive, BOOM, just got in another jab.:tongue:

I don’t think any poster would come on here after such a miraculous game, just to antagonize anyone, even now. Once again sorry.

Edit: smiley face used from iPad doesn’t show up on posts, damn technology.
OK you young whippersnapper,just don’t let it happen again.
I’m 78,been a red lunatic since 1956,sometimes being mad helps!
Oh,if there is any doubt,I didn’t take it seriously either..

The Phenom

Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis
With regards to TAA, omg! What an artful dodger, he fooled those Barca players left right and centre with that unusual but spectacular corner.
TAA must be well-versed in Sun Tze's Art of War; particularly Chapter 1, verse 18:
兵者,詭道也。故能而示之不能,用而示之不用,近而示之遠,遠而示之近。
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Last edited:

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
With regards to TAA, omg! What an artful dodger, he fooled those Barca players left right and centre with that unusual but spectacular corner. I thought Origi was looking at the pitch but he knew where the ball was coming.
Special mention goes to the quick witted ball boy. I hope he gets a seat in Madrid.
Right on Maria! I think this is what "Operation Anfield" is really all about!

RedLar

This maybe the Metrosexual side of me, but i really like how the Dopey Sheep Origi’s hair bounces when he runs off celebrating, i am hoping i see it bounce like that a couple of times in Madrid, after he has come on in the last 15mins with us 3 - 0 up.

By the way, i mean no disrespect to DO with his 2nd (the 4th) goal, but i am so glad it came to him as a reaction, rather than having to think about it and he took it so sweet. Them crosses coming across you, to have the control to help it on its way/guide it is hard skill so fair play
Think you are right. He had to react fast, not think. If it had been the latter, very easy chance to spoon. As it was, top left corner, thank very much for coming barca.....

I want to add, just how happy I am to see one of these Spanish sides lose to a quickly replaced ball on the park, in a European match. Our ace Ball boy, and superstar TAA, take a bow. When you play these fuckers away, if they need a goal, then they cant throw the fucking balls on the field fast enough. Literally seen a goalie booked against them for dawdling to get the ball that was in play, when a replacement had been thrown at him, which he just kicked away. Think it might well have been Pepe Reina for us - not sure. When these fuckers are up a goal, or three, then the pitch side balls fucking disappear at Camp Nou and Bernabau, or two of them get bunged on the field at the same time to slow the entire match down. It was evident to me in the first leg when Alison had to scamper to the corner to get the match ball. Couple of other instances in that game alone.

So poetic that a bit of dark craft from our right back scouse undid these snidey bastards.

RedLar

On why I could not vote for Man of the Match

Honest question - Can someone tell me who is winning the man of the match poll atop this thread, because I refused to vote, as I don't think I could have singled out any one player. Total team effort required for this match and that is what we got. Not voting out of principal.

Alision - top saves he probably should be making, and he did - top defence starts with confidence that the lad between the sticks will make the stops and be professional.
Robbo - Lads a Machine - taken out by Suarez the rat
Matip - thought him absolutely fucking excellent in this match. Lost count of the number of casual interceptions he made, and distribution largely excellent. Possible contender for MOTM for me. On a fan forum like this, chances are he will never get it.
VVD - See Matip - minus the last line. Everyone loves VVD.
TAA - Kin 'el. Would we have won it without him? Another real MOTM contender. Delivery for goals and defence was solid. Kin 'el.
Hendo - Great work rate - captains job - pressing high in the 89th minute.
Milner - fucking never stopped running from the opening minute, and played about 8 positions it seemed
Fabinho - picked up an early yellow - but never stopped living on the edge of a red, with his tackling and tracking
Shaq - cross for the equalizer - some sloppy passes gave up possession - the only real down side in any of our near perfect display - difficult for him considering a real lack of game time recently.
Gini - a much maligned player by many for his lack of goals. Holy fuck, I will wait all season for his next brace in a CL Semi Final. His contribution outside the goals was also brilliant. Has been much of the year - top player
Origi - Johnny on the spot - 2 shots 2 goals. If it had been Kane, he'd be getting a knighhood. His work and pace off the ball was also excellent. Ran himself into cramps. Lack of match time the culprit for him too.
Mane - no goals - Man, this lad is world class and a threat to all defences. Work rate was incredible. I suggest he would be one of the hardest players to keep from prying Spanish eyes.

And so...... hard for me to find a standout player as they all played excellent in their own way.

Last edited:

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
If anyone is in any doubt how much of a cunt Martin Tyler is then just listen to his commentary. Absolute prick.
He's almost apologetic.
Horrible biased cunt should have been shipped out with those other two cunts Keys and Gray.

Now I might also be a horrible biased cunt, but this is how a commentary should sound when an English team has overturned a 3-0 deficit against one of the top European sides.

RedLar

He's almost apologetic.
Horrible biased cunt should have been shipped out with those other two cunts Keys and Gray.

Now I might also be a horrible biased cunt, but this is how a commentary should sound when an English team has overturned a 3-0 deficit against one of the top European sides.

fucking post of the day!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!!

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
On why I could not vote for Man of the Match

Honest question - Can someone tell me who is winning the man of the match poll atop this thread, because I refused to vote, as I don't think I could have singled out any one player. Total team effort required for this match and that is what we got. Not voting out of principal.

Alision - top saves he probably should be making, and he did - top defence starts with confidence that the lad between the sticks will make the stops and be professional.
Robbo - Lads a Machine - taken out by Suarez the rat
Matip - thought him absolutely fucking excellent in this match. Lost count of the number of casual interceptions he made, and distribution largely excellent. Possible contender for MOTM for me. On a fan forum like this, chances are he will never get it.
VVD - See Matip - minus the last line. Everyone loves VVD.
TAA - Kin 'el. Would we have won it without him? Another real MOTM contender. Delivery for goals and defence was solid. Kin 'el.
Hendo - Great work rate - captains job - pressing high in the 89th minute.
Milner - fucking never stopped running from the opening minute, and played about 8 positions it seemed
Fabinho - picked up an early yellow - but never stopped living on the edge of a red, with his tackling and tracking
Shaq - cross for the equalizer - some sloppy passes gave up possession - the only real down side in any of our near perfect display - difficult for him considering a real lack of game time recently.
Gini - a much maligned player by many for his lack of goals. Holy fuck, I will wait all season for his next brace in a CL Semi Final. His contribution outside the goals was also brilliant. Has been much of the year - top player
Origi - Johnny on the spot - 2 shots 2 goals. If it had been Kane, he'd be getting a knighhood. His work and pace off the ball was also excellent. Ran himself into cramps. Lack of match time the culprit for him too.
Mane - no goals - Man, this lad is world class and a threat to all defences. Work rate was incredible. I suggest he would be one of the hardest players to keep from prying Spanish eyes.

And so...... hard for me to find a standout player as they all played excellent in their own way.
I TICKED every name on the list because I couldn't decide which one player deserved it. They were all great.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
He's almost apologetic.

FUCK IN BRILLIANT ~ apologies to anyone who doesn't condone swearing.

The Phenom

Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis
I'm finally back to my senses after what happened, probably able to type...(I'll degrees a lot, but if you bare with me, it really all is about this game.

I was broken...

3 wishes.

Heart was mended...

We are bottlers.

3 wishes.

1 used up.

YNWA
Wow! Excellent post. All good except for a teeny weeny nitpick.
I just can't bear to bare with you. :)

RedLar

I would go as far as checking the rate of away vs home results on the thread starter, and whether we will be treated as the away team or the home team in this Champs League match. Go down to detail, found who has the most consistency in away and who has for home. And who has overall best results on big games thread starting record. Then nominate that fella. If we expect our managers to be that detailed in setting up his team, we should be as diligent in setting up our threads.
I say you just dont use the person who started the City away match thread........ That Fella/Lass is a jinx... :)

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
I just finished watching the match again. The last 10 minutes was so intense. How did we all survive it, i will never know. I had this horrid feeling in my head that 'Sod's Law' would apply and Messi would score a worldie, thank God he didn't have a good night.
well I will tell you how I handled this... when origi went down at the 83rd minute mark.. I couldn't take it and ran out side my house around back to sit on the patio praying... I then came back inside my house and there was still 2 or 3 minutes of stoppage time left so I quickly ran outside my house again because I was so nervous to watch it. I came back in again and then milner went down and they blew the whistle.... I have since watched that last 10 minutes of the match probably 10 times now already. but yes I had the same feeling that messi was just going to score somehow in those last 10 minutes.... and I just couldn't take it and had to not watch and pray instead

any ways, it was one of the greatest days of my life and I'm so happy and proud of everyone inside and around the club...

any ways, I will admit it makes me cry and get teary eye... I'm not ashamed to admit it... I even just had few tears again today at work watching the LFC commentators video posted. I should of just taken this entire week off work... I have done jack shit all week except browse Liverpool all day long watching every video and reading every article.