• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match Liverpool v Barcelona (UCL 7/5/2019 7.45pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 72 27.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 76 28.8%
  • Matip

Votes: 43 16.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Robertson [off 45’]

Votes: 34 12.9%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 69 26.1%
  • Henderson

Votes: 48 18.2%
  • Milner

Votes: 34 12.9%
  • Shaqiri

Votes: 31 11.7%
  • Mane

Votes: 37 14.0%
  • Origi [GOAL 7’, GOAL 78’, went off at some point)

Votes: 96 36.4%
  • Wijnaldum [on 45’, GOAL 54, GOAL 56’]

Votes: 82 31.1%
  • Gomez (on something or other)

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I think Sturridge came on at the end.

Votes: 26 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flobs

FADA
Cheers @Kopstar just checked the video you put up and saw the tackle on Mané. I'm not too sure whether it was deliberate or that he went for Gini and missed and caught Sadio, but it's of no consequence now because we knocked the dirty beggars out of the Champions League. Thankfully, Sadio didn't seem to get hurt by it either.
I can assure you that the 2 footed lunge was deliberate though whether intended for, the ball, Mané or Wijnaldum is another question. :)

Flobs

FADA
Some are saying that Origi's 2nd goal was reflex. I disagree watch him closely he never takes his eye off the ball from when TAA sets it in the 1/4 circle. He's looking in that direction all the time even whilst moving away. No way was there an ounce of chance or reflex about the goal imo.

Arminius

FSG PR plant

I have no idea what this guy is saying, but he looks pissed about barca losing :rolleyes:
Well, there is a healthy amount of 'le madre que me (or te) pario', literally 'the mother who gave birth to me', in dubbed movies, that usually covers for one traditional Anglo-Saxon expletive word. See the work of Tano Pasman for a clear example. Also a decent amount of the word coño, which is one of those interesting words that supports the Proto-Indo-European Language hypothesis, which suggests that words describing very simple and common things have survived and evolved, simply picking up changes to the vowel sounds and/or additional consonant sounds, but share a common root word in PIL. In this case, there is a clear analogy to a common Anglo-Saxon word used as an obscenity that has survived and indeed flourishes in modern English.

He is also a little upset that Barca's defenders switched off for the fourth, and went from complaining to the ref about something before the corner to asking for an offside when they could clearly see Pique and Ter Stegen. Also not happy that it happened again after Roma, but this time 'they' have to get out of the club, with 'they' appearing to be just about everyone.

There are a healthy number of rumours flying around that this has truly broken that Barca team. No public comments from players since the Anfield dressing room, there was a rumour yesterday that Valverde did not run training.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Well, there is a healthy amount of 'le madre que me (or te) pario', literally 'the mother who gave birth to me', in dubbed movies, that usually covers for one traditional Anglo-Saxon expletive word. See the work of Tano Pasman for a clear example. Also a decent amount of the word coño, which is one of those interesting words that supports the Proto-Indo-European Language hypothesis, which suggests that words describing very simple and common things have survived and evolved, simply picking up changes to the vowel sounds and/or additional consonant sounds, but share a common root word in PIL. In this case, there is a clear analogy to a common Anglo-Saxon word used as an obscenity that has survived and indeed flourishes in modern English.

He is also a little upset that Barca's defenders switched off for the fourth, and went from complaining to the ref about something before the corner to asking for an offside when they could clearly see Pique and Ter Stegen. Also not happy that it happened again after Roma, but this time 'they' have to get out of the club, with 'they' appearing to be just about everyone.

There are a healthy number of rumours flying around that this has truly broken that Barca team. No public comments from players since the Anfield dressing room, there was a rumour yesterday that Valverde did not run training.
From what you say it sounds as though Barça are imploding. Couldn't happen to a nicer club. lol

William Clarke

Some are saying that Origi's 2nd goal was reflex. I disagree watch him closely he never takes his eye off the ball from when TAA sets it in the 1/4 circle. He's looking in that direction all the time even whilst moving away. No way was there an ounce of chance or reflex about the goal imo.
You're right, Origi was wide awake for the incoming corner from Trent, and his goal was superbly taken. Ballboy ~ Trent ~ Big Div ~ GOOOOOAAAALL.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
From what you say it sounds as though Barça are imploding. Couldn't happen to a nicer club. lol
Having read the various comments about Coutinho was able to get away with inconsistency and/or poor play at Liverpool but not at Barcelona because expectations are higher there, I find it rather fitting that that match was played for the right to play for a sixth European Cup.

Suarez had an operation and is now done for the season. Apparently they got two days off after the loss at Anfield and only resumed training today. Their next home game on Sunday is not going to be pretty, I suspect.

William Clarke

Having read the various comments about Coutinho was able to get away with inconsistency and/or poor play at Liverpool but not at Barcelona because expectations are higher there, I find it rather fitting that that match was played for the right to play for a sixth European Cup.

Suarez had an operation and is now done for the season. Apparently they got two days off after the loss at Anfield and only resumed training today. Their next home game on Sunday is not going to be pretty, I suspect.
I believe there's nothing at stake because they have already bagged the league title. As for Phillipe, the saying goes the grass isn't always greener etc, etc. Suarez, he should surely have retrospectively been banned for his double kick to the knees of Robbo. There was something going on between them in both matches, but we had the last laugh. Robbo went off injured and double goal scoring Gini came on in his place - a result, you might say.

Notasuperfan

The first leg was like Avengers: Infinity War. Everybody was so close stopping Tha..I mean Messi. But it was inevitable that he will prevail in Camp Nou.

The second leg was like Avengers : Endgame. Everyone pulled their weight together. Even Ant..I mean Gini and Origi came up to be the one that provided the inspiration for this win.

William Clarke

The first leg was like Avengers: Infinity War. Everybody was so close stopping Tha..I mean Messi. But it was inevitable that he will prevail in Camp Nou.

The second leg was like Avengers : Endgame. Everyone pulled their weight together. Even Ant..I mean Gini and Origi came up to be the one that provided the inspiration for this win.
I've not seen any Avengers movies, so I've no idea what you are talking about, but I agree with you.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I believe there's nothing at stake because they have already bagged the league title. As for Phillipe, the saying goes the grass isn't always greener etc, etc. Suarez, he should surely have retrospectively been banned for his double kick to the knees of Robbo. There was something going on between them in both matches, but we had the last laugh. Robbo went off injured and double goal scoring Gini came on in his place - a result, you might say.
They do have the King's Cup coming up later this month, but yes, not much to play for now in La Liga. I suspect their board is trying to resist doing too much in the face of fan anger until they actually finish the season.

William Clarke

They do have the King's Cup coming up later this month, but yes, not much to play for now in La Liga. I suspect their board is trying to resist doing too much in the face of fan anger until they actually finish the season.
Yeah, that defeat by us must have been a right kick in the teeth for them. I think embarrassment must run quite highly with them at the moment.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
No there was a var check after wijnaldum's first goal. Only say that earlier in a video that Livy posted of some lad doing a YouTube reaction from being at the game
After Gini scores he runs into the net to get the ball back and wrestles it out of Ter Stegan's arms. Ter Stegan acts the cunt and rolls around holding his head, as if he's been hit.

You can see it here (4.20)

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Thank you so much! That would be great.
I'm having problems with Youtube - no sooner had I uploaded the video than it was blocked for copyright reasons. :unhappy:
And TIA site restrictions mean that I can't post the file as media here direct from my own website.
If it's ok with you, can I pm you a direct link to the file?