• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match Liverpool v Barcelona (UCL 7/5/2019 7.45pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 72 27.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 76 28.8%
  • Matip

Votes: 43 16.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Robertson [off 45’]

Votes: 34 12.9%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 69 26.1%
  • Henderson

Votes: 48 18.2%
  • Milner

Votes: 34 12.9%
  • Shaqiri

Votes: 31 11.7%
  • Mane

Votes: 37 14.0%
  • Origi [GOAL 7’, GOAL 78’, went off at some point)

Votes: 96 36.4%
  • Wijnaldum [on 45’, GOAL 54, GOAL 56’]

Votes: 82 31.1%
  • Gomez (on something or other)

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I think Sturridge came on at the end.

Votes: 26 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redaderry

Watching the TAA corner still gives me goosebumps. Outsmarting the kings of outsmarting in front of the Kop in such a massive game.
The label 'legend' is used often and loosely nowadays but this was truly the stuff of legends.

PeachesEnRegalia

No Offense, @Maria....
The idea that needing to find three goals against Ajax is harder/better than needing to find four against Barca. Fuck me.
And keep them from scoring. This is a really underrated aspect of our comeback win. Barca are one of the most formidable attacking teams in the world, with two of the most prolific strikers in the world, and we prevented them from grabbing a single away goal that likely would have killed the tie.

Spurs’ comeback was impressive and fun to watch, but let’s stop with the false equivalencies.

LaurazRed

I'm having problems with Youtube - no sooner had I uploaded the video than it was blocked for copyright reasons. :unhappy:
And TIA site restrictions mean that I can't post the file as media here direct from my own website.
If it's ok with you, can I pm you a direct link to the file?
Yes you can thanks.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI

Any of you experts can tell me who is the youngster with glasses standing next to Origi on the right please, at 1:16 seconds onwards? He doesn't look like player I recognise.

I have to say, this is my favourite moment of the night, players and fans singing together on this memorable night.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

Any of you experts can tell me who is the youngster with glasses standing next to Origi on the right please, at 1:16 seconds onwards? He doesn't look like player I recognise.

I have to say, this is my favourite moment of the night, players and fans singing together on this memorable night.
Yeah, my eyes were all teary watching it. Fantastic night all round.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member

It could be Mark Leyland who's a post-match analyst.

RedYank

Can't understand anything but.... :cheers:

Wandering around midtown Manhattan with a selfie stick trying to appear as an actual NYC sport journalist, was the first oddity. Smugly doing so, an annoyance. Watching that arrogant smirk slowly and finally disappear, a total pleasure.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
That really was an odd 4-0 game. Liverpool clearly outplayed Barcelona, who in the end just did not attack much - their best spell of pressure came in the first 20 minutes. While LFC produced some periods of solid pressure, it is hard to call that dominance. The early goal created an ascendant feel and built belief, however that was actually a fairly balanced half. The second half is odder still, because I think we only got 6 total shots on goal in the half, two goals from the one really good spell of pressure in the half. Not surprising that the balance shifted after aggregate 3-3 and defence became more important, but statistically it is hard to see how that became a 4-0.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
That really was an odd 4-0 game. Liverpool clearly outplayed Barcelona, who in the end just did not attack much - their best spell of pressure came in the first 20 minutes. While LFC produced some periods of solid pressure, it is hard to call that dominance. The early goal created an ascendant feel and built belief, however that was actually a fairly balanced half. The second half is odder still, because I think we only got 6 total shots on goal in the half, two goals from the one really good spell of pressure in the half. Not surprising that the balance shifted after aggregate 3-3 and defence became more important, but statistically it is hard to see how that became a 4-0.
You could make similar arguments about the first leg.