Post match Liverpool v Barcelona (UCL 7/5/2019 7.45pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 72 27.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 76 28.8%
  • Matip

Votes: 43 16.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Robertson [off 45’]

Votes: 34 12.9%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 69 26.1%
  • Henderson

Votes: 48 18.2%
  • Milner

Votes: 34 12.9%
  • Shaqiri

Votes: 31 11.7%
  • Mane

Votes: 37 14.0%
  • Origi [GOAL 7’, GOAL 78’, went off at some point)

Votes: 96 36.4%
  • Wijnaldum [on 45’, GOAL 54, GOAL 56’]

Votes: 82 31.1%
  • Gomez (on something or other)

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I think Sturridge came on at the end.

Votes: 26 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Ah bless, the nutter is a little peeved. I think he's referring to us as a small team, but we've won the European/Champions League Cup as many times as they have and when we win in Madrid we will be one ahead of them. Who's the small team?
Actually he is saying nothing at all about Liverpool - it is just sheer incandescent rage directed at Barcelona, players, manager, and Board. Those 'subtitles' have fairly little to do with what he is actually saying, only marginally more than a Downfall meme.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
An extremely satisfying evening's football! Liverpool 4-0 Barca!!! I am still buzzing - and I'm nearly 60!!! I sped up and down our street in my electric wheelchair!!! I went totally fugazi(any Marillion fans?). Now my neighbors give me a quizzical look when passing! They simply don't get it!!! Even folks who don't like football where buzzing!!!

Each player deserves the highest honours - so, June 1st is when we have our chance to erase the nightmare of Ukraine. Number 6 it!!! It will be ours!!!

IN KLOPP WE TRUST!!!

Werder4life

I haven't checked if somebody posted this already. Apparently this highlight reel didn't show on YTube outside the UK , which is frankly a shame since it's a very good one of a match for the ages.
So I took the liberty to record and reupload it to my YT channel - unlisted , so just accessible through the direct link:

-> NoFilterUCL

William Clarke

redshirt
Actually he is saying nothing at all about Liverpool - it is just sheer incandescent rage directed at Barcelona, players, manager, and Board. Those 'subtitles' have fairly little to do with what he is actually saying, only marginally more than a Downfall meme.
Is he not referring to us at all? If he's having a go at his own club, well, some supporter he is. He should calm down and take a chill pill.

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
I haven't checked if somebody posted this already. Apparently this highlight reel didn't show on YTube outside the UK , which is frankly a shame since it's a very good one of a match for the ages.
So I took the liberty to record and reupload it to my YT channel - unlisted , so just accessible through the direct link:

-> NoFilterUCL
thanks mate, B/R sport posted a 5 minute highlight reel on youtube, your reel is so much beteer

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Is he not referring to us at all? If he's having a go at his own club, well, some supporter he is. He should calm down and take a chill pill.
The rant starts with him talking about the fourth goal, and how the character of the team just is weak. He says 'and Roma', and then it is a good 20 seconds of swearing before he makes another point. No intensity, no concentration, no effort. I can understand his anger actually - beforehand, a large part of my pessimism was rooted in the fact that they would be so supremely prepared to ensure they did not repeat the fiasco of Roma. Instead, they came out with a really insipid performance, and really disjointed tactics.

William Clarke

redshirt
The rant starts with him talking about the fourth goal, and how the character of the team just is weak. He says 'and Roma', and then it is a good 20 seconds of swearing before he makes another point. No intensity, no concentration, no effort. I can understand his anger actually - beforehand, a large part of my pessimism was rooted in the fact that they would be so supremely prepared to ensure they did not repeat the fiasco of Roma. Instead, they came out with a really insipid performance, and really disjointed tactics.
Thank you for the explanation @Arminius much appreciated. :well done:

The Flying Pig

Sorry all, the post was meant to be a joke, and while I was writing it, it seemed like a joke, which highlighted the fact that it will most likely not read as a joke, which made me think I should add a smiley face at the end, which I swear I did! I am 52 so I should have known better, as you folks older than me are overly sensitive, BOOM, just got in another jab.:tongue:

I don’t think any poster would come on here after such a miraculous game, just to antagonize anyone, even now. Once again sorry.

Edit: smiley face used from iPad doesn’t show up on posts, damn technology.
Hi
Sorry all, the post was meant to be a joke, and while I was writing it, it seemed like a joke, which highlighted the fact that it will most likely not read as a joke, which made me think I should add a smiley face at the end, which I swear I did! I am 52 so I should have known better, as you folks older than me are overly sensitive, BOOM, just got in another jab.:tongue:

I don’t think any poster would come on here after such a miraculous game, just to antagonize anyone, even now. Once again sorry.

Edit: smiley face used from iPad doesn’t show up on posts, damn technology.
Hi No Bluff,

Sorry for the delay in responding but I have not visited the site for some time. (Too disappointed after the Premiership outcome !,)

I took your post as a joke and my whippersnapper response was intended to be a Montegue Burns joke reply.

So no apology required to me.

If Scousers cant take the piss then my Liverpool would soon be a very silent and dull place and become much like everywhere else ! God forbid !!

So keep taking the piss.

Cheers

David