• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match Liverpool v Barcelona (UCL 7/5/2019 7.45pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 72 27.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 76 28.8%
  • Matip

Votes: 43 16.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Robertson [off 45’]

Votes: 34 12.9%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 69 26.1%
  • Henderson

Votes: 48 18.2%
  • Milner

Votes: 34 12.9%
  • Shaqiri

Votes: 31 11.7%
  • Mane

Votes: 37 14.0%
  • Origi [GOAL 7’, GOAL 78’, went off at some point)

Votes: 96 36.4%
  • Wijnaldum [on 45’, GOAL 54, GOAL 56’]

Votes: 82 31.1%
  • Gomez (on something or other)

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I think Sturridge came on at the end.

Votes: 26 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I don’t know... I’m sure his dad can afford something nice with the money he saved through tax fraud.
I am sure he can, but willing or not is another point altogether, having a son supporting a team that just humiliated his daddy.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
This video truly is a labour of love of the game: Recreation (close enough!) of the night at Anfield using FIFA '19 video game. The audio is in Spanish, no secondary audio commentary though lol:

The Phenom

Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis
Has that Arturo clown donated his useless cojones yet, as he boastfully pledged he will should LFC beat (the hell out of) them at Anfield?
We had and still will be talking about 6 whilst his 2 should be zero by now. lol

Lynch04

Smeg Head
Its a strange one, i am from Birmingham so the pub was considerably less busy than the first leg as it was considered a dead rubber. I am renowned for my passion when Liverpool play and am called scouse Daz, it was joked that I scored the Mane header against City last season in the CL as i was already 4ft in the air and nodding it in.
With that game against Barca as mentioned it was less busy but there were still the locals and a group of friends mainly B’ham city fans whom i had converted to being LFC fans or at least their 2nd team.
I, like alot of Liverpool fans, knew if any club could do it would be us. But the fact we had to score 3/4 without conceding against a Messi inspired Barca meant it was optimism at its best.
See, the majority of the you, the forum members are based in Liverpool so when you go the pub to watch the game you are not in the minority. What i witnessed in that game against Barca is that the majority of neutral fans want to see a good game, an underdog (it was similar the 2nd Spurs/City game). What i remember was the 3rd goal was celebrated more than the 4th mainly because it came so quick after the 2nd and because of the audacity of the 4th - did that just happen, was it legal, is it going to be disallowed.
I think my answer to the journalists piece is that I agree, I am still coming to terms with it, listen to the BBC coverage daily. However, us Liverpool fans have what many outsiders call an unrealistic expectation/belief almost rose tinted/foolish. But fortunately what our great club has demonstrated so often is that if you get a manager/team/community that all believe then anything is possible!
What i have witnessed from the Barca game is how much Klopp and our current team/style has been accepted and admired by the neutral, whether they are a football fan or not!