Post Match: Liverpool v Bayern Munich (UCL 19/2/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Matip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 51 36.7%
  • Robertson

• Henderson

Votes: 64 46.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Keita [off 76’]

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Salah

• Firmino [off 76’]

• Mane

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Milner [on 76’]

• Origi [on 76’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
To open at full time.

Incognito

The Normal One
Considering we didn't have VVD, Gomez and Lovren, any x-0 score would have been good. Solid performance, Hendo brilliant and probably my MotM. Finishing could have been better but not a concern. We'll get it done in the return leg. :well done:

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Cleansheet huge positive.
We can score against these.

Let down by our final ball all game and the fullbacks being off their game didnt help.

We’ve not shuttered after another long break, time to kick on, get momentum before the away game and then go at them.

Henderson was fantastic all game.

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
Bayern 0, the best thing of the night. We score one, they need 2. All in all a good result given that they defended really well. Hats off to our 2 centre backs, shame TAA had a nightmare, AR struggled too. Shaw fit for Sunday though, onwards and upwards :-)

Joe Gomez x

Looking forward to the away leg, these need to attack us at the Allianz Arena and that’s what suits us. We do struggle against defensive sides like the Bayern we saw tonight. We have Virgil to come back who gives the fullbacks confidence to bomb forward knowing theirs a Rolls-Royce to cover them. They are without Kimmich and now Mane against an old Rafina will be interesting. Stay positive lads and be confident that we will beat them at their place.

sms1986

Both teams could have scored tonight but like the other CL game, neither did. Lot of positives. though -

• No away goal for them
  • Kimmich misses the second leg
  • VVD will be back for the second leg
  • Robertson can get a yellow without fearing a suspension as they are wiped out for the next round if we go through
  • We score one they need to score two

redaderry

Lots of missed passes by the Redmen tonight and you have to give Bayern credit, they were very disclipined and defended well. Fabinho done very well but VVD has that killer pass which we will see back at the weekend and for the return leg.
Overall i'd say good enough given our poor(ish) performance.
Also, Bayern still have never scored at fortress Anfield :-)

Flobs

FADA
I wish Salah could pass and Keita's passing was better than it was.
Anyway no score draw is better than score draw. Now a score draw will do. I think.
Btw it was a good match with both defenses put to the test (shouldn't our defense be greater improved than theirs for the second leg?).

Last edited:

Red over the water

Very pleased to keep a clean sheet with that central defence. Slightly disappointed we didn’t score.

They are a European heavyweight and so on balance it was fair. Not bad, not great. Fair.

Good game even though 0-0. We can go there and score and go through.

Noo Noo

I think we were the better team, but disappointing not to get a goal.
I'd agree.

Struggling with MoM too to be honest. Based on the first half Henderson but thereafter no one really stood out for me in the second. Fabinho perhaps with a couple of well timed tackles. After that I'm struggling.

And still I thought we could have edged it.

SBYM

Who's the fella owns this shithole?
I thought our movement forward was generally far more fluid than theirs, only to be let down by some awful final passes/decisions.

They will be nervous.

Trust me.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Considering the circumstances I guess keeping a clean sheet is okay. A bit dissapointed with Salah today, this is a game he should step up in but didn't make any mark at all. We look a complete different team without VVD, with him back we can cause an upset in munich I'm sure.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Quite a blunt match all around. The 10 day break had positives and negatives. What we trained on clearly worked in creating chances, but on the flipside we had absolutely no sharpness. Bayern also blunted the crowd early on too by taking early possession (60/40 their way) so the crowd never got into it to be the 12th man..

For all the talk of the cb's they were both brilliant and in fact imo the two fb's were pretty poor (apart from a couple of busting runs each).

Both Keita and Henderson phenomenal though. Hendo is my motm.

I'm going to hear a lot about this being very much Advantage Bayern. But I am very comfortable about that talk. No away goal and we can fly under the radar. And it's not just VVD either. We were pretty tentative tonight ( reminded me of City away) where we didn't seem to have confidence in ourselves. That will change when we know we go to Allianz and a win or score draw will do it (cant see penalties now).

It was shocking how lucky Bayern got with deflections today. Im ok if we preserve our luck for the w/e and second leg...

Up the reds! Looking good!

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
You’ve also got to remember this Bayern team are a fucking machine they know what their business is and just go about it effectively and have been doing so for 5+ years with this team.

It was a truely German performance, no emotion, just calm, collective and tactically sound.