• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 9/2/19 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milner

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Matip

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Robertson

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Keita

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Wijnaldum [GOAL 33’, off 76’]

Votes: 83 53.2%
  • Salah [GOAL 47’]

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Firmino [off 90’]

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Mane [GOAL 24’, off 87’]

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Alexander-Arnold [on 76’]

• Origi [on 87’]

• Sturridge [on 90’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sms1986

Liverpool's James Milner: "Some of the play was mesmerising. We could have scored more.

"We're very lucky with squad we have, the movement, link-up and understanding. I thought it was a good team performance.

"The crowd was immense. There's not many better in the country when it is like that - its like a 12th man.

"It's been a tough few weeks with players injured and ill. Georginio Wijnaldum was nowhere to be seen yesterday and then he produces a performance like that."

Werder4life

Good game - decent result - 3points. A tiny bit disappointed with chance conversion in the second. Could and maybe should have been 5-6. Mo and Bobby had a filthy interplay for the 3rd but then were to selfish when they should have laid the ball off and to nice when just converting ice cold would have been on.
Other than that the team overall pressed well in the right moments again to suffocate Bournemouth's spirits to get something from the game but got a bit lucky as well in some moments.

All in all reason to relax a bit but no reason at all to be overly confident going forward , there are tougher matches on the horizon and I hope we get back to full match fitness until then. Good to see TAA back on as well as especially Gini , who had a great match and who I like to choose for motm today.

Alright Now

Really, really enjoyed that one. I did think that there was another goal in there but 3 points will do very nicely, thank you.

MotM not easy but I've gone for Milner for doing a really solid job at RB and creating the first goal to boot. He may not be the best player in any particular position but he is by far our best player in ANY position. A real Swiss army knife of a player and a real asset to the club.

Also, DAZN is good once it's up and running, although the commentator sound like he is in a cardboard box. Looks like living in exile could have it's plus points.
Healthy Milner > Clyne

Good luck with your dental work.

sms1986

Liverpool's Andrew Robertson:
"We knew a clean sheet was important - we haven't had one for a few games.

"Getting the first goal was important but we have done that in the previous two games and not won.

"We can't rest on a 2-0 lead. Getting the third just killed the game. It was all about staying professional.

"If there were any point to prove then it was in our dressing room. We were good all over the pitch.

"We have to stay relax. There are still 12 games to go. We shouldn't be thinking about it [the title]. It will go down to the wire."

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
Midfield my man of the match.... someone pkease tell me who played further forward between gini and keita
:) I think Gini was... i dunno but I really love that combo. I was smiling all match watching that. I'm happy that Keita is starting to get into form. He is bound to score his first goal anytime now.

Alright Now

Liverpool's Andrew Robertson: "We knew a clean sheet was important - we haven't had one for a few games.

"Getting the first goal was important but we have done that in the previous two games and not won.

"We can't rest on a 2-0 lead. Getting the third just killed the game. It was all about staying professional.

"If there were any point to prove then it was in our dressing room. We were good all over the pitch.

"We have to stay relax. There are still 12 games to go. We shouldn't be thinking about it [the title]. It will go down to the wire."
The wire!?! The wire!?! Noooooo.

johnoleary

Did we though? Thought we kept pushing but just couldn’t convert. I could easily be wrong as usual though.
i agree just not great finshing,but much better today,mom mo for me,gini ,firminho,and fab all good,still dissapointed with keita apart from the sublime pass for the goal,still think he needs to do more,hopefully we can push on from here,but bayern and man u wil probably be the ultimate tests.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Βut I thought that we were nervous and crumbling under pressure?

Much much better from everyone. Still a few areas to improve but that was definitely on the right track. On an individual level, Salah may have been the best overall but it was Wijnaldum that made us click. Can't be stressed enough how important he is. Plus Keita is finally seeming to be coming into his own.

All I want going forward is no more fucking injuries and illnesses.

ΕDIT: Forgot to mention that seeing TAA back was also a sight for sore eyes.

Last edited: