• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 9/2/19 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milner

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Matip

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Robertson

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Keita

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Wijnaldum [GOAL 33’, off 76’]

Votes: 83 53.2%
  • Salah [GOAL 47’]

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Firmino [off 90’]

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Mane [GOAL 24’, off 87’]

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Alexander-Arnold [on 76’]

• Origi [on 87’]

• Sturridge [on 90’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fatty666

He didn’t get the goal I predicted, but I thought Naby was exceptional today. Fabinho and Wijnaldum both superb as well. Has the makings of a truly elite midfield three.
Needs to grab hold of the game more
He didn’t get the goal I predicted, but I thought Naby was exceptional today. Fabinho and Wijnaldum both superb as well. Has the makings of a truly elite midfield three.
Naby needs to step up and grab games by the scruff he’s got it and it’s coming but we need it now rather than later Fab and Gini are are the pieces to the midfield puzzle goin forward then there’s Ox to come back good times YNWA

Redsi73

Posted at 17:5117:51
Milner's fine season
Liverpool 3-0 Bournemouth

Liverpool's James Milner has provided more assists in this Premier League season - four in 21 appearances - than he did in the 2017-18 season (3 in 32 appearances)
He just defies logic, excelling in a team with as many good players as we have he continuously is in the first 11, creates, plays any position and just doesn't let anyone down.

Legend

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Posted at 17:5117:51
Milner's fine season
Liverpool 3-0 Bournemouth

Liverpool's James Milner has provided more assists in this Premier League season - four in 21 appearances - than he did in the 2017-18 season (3 in 32 appearances)
I don’t understand why he hasn’t been offered another contract yet. He’s too important to the squad to allow him to leave.

RedForever2014

Perhaps our best midfield three, hope Klopp sees it that way and fields the same three against Bayern and United.

If Keita can continue to improve and offer anything like Oxlade type performances, it'll be a massive help.

Interesting that Gini wasn't first choice at the time of last season's CL SF 1st leg and is now our best midfield player.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Anfield sang its soul on to the pitch. Cant wait to hear from @Commando @ILLOK @Red_Jedi and @dockers_strike.
The atmosphere was really good today, loud in parts and almost universally positive. The message got through.

As for the game I thought we were very good. The combination of Fabinho & Gini in midfield is so vital, it almost doesn't matter who else plays with them in there. That said, Keita was excellent today; good ball retention, won the ball back a number of times and was consistently picking the right pass. A few crackers thrown in there like his ball to Bobby, the only shame is he didn't score that chance.

Thought Bobby was weakish again for a bit in the first half but improved by the end and was excellent in the second. Mane and Salah were a threat all game.

The defence still leaves a bit to be desired, especially Matip. His lack of strength and balance is a big concern and there was some really sloppy passing today from him too, Lovren can't return soon enough. Van Dijk and Robertson were better than they have been recently (albeit against an easier side).

Milner created a goal for his 3rd game on the run at right back. Doesn't quite match up to Clyne's 5 in 103 games, but not bad regardless.

Provided we get a bit more fortune with injuries and illnesses in the coming weeks I think we can return to something like our december form. If we do that we've a better chance than anyone else.

Up the reds.

Tony walker

Great performance by all today .
Thought bobby central played a big part .
Thought Joel Matip had a good game .
Dunno what’s happening with Lovren ,but we are down to 2 fit centre halves right now .
Back to winning ways and the confidence shows .
This is now the run in ,
I believe

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Here is my match report from the Kop:

Couple of hours before the game, the message was spreading from Jurgen. Bring your voices, leave your soul on the pitch. Word was go in early, a whole 45 mins early - none of this get to my seat 5 mins before kick off.

And so to our seats - 2nd from the back of the kop - block 305. Its famous.

Flags were out, voices were ready... just needed the spark on the pitch. Jurgen called, we were going to deliver. That was clear.

And so the game unfolded. Block 305 is where many of the chants start, then rest of the kop follows, which then spreads through the stadium... and here I was. It was my first time in this block. A lot of emotion here.

One guy, a few seats away from me, but in the back row - was hitting the steel wall - and to a great beat. The conductor. More on him later.

The performance on the pitch unfolded. Players were up for it. It was clear. The pitch was green, the wind had subsided. The ref would have to be a complete wanker if he was going to screw this up for us - let’s not give him the chance.

And so our voices and souls - we conquered all of Europe, si senor, calm as you like, marching in etc etc - block 305 gave it all the first half - led by the conductor.

They delivered on the pitch, with the help of 50000 souls that Jurgen had asked for.

Half time, no reception - what were the other scores. Should I cash out my stingy 3-0 bet? Phone not connecting. Go in to the stand and see the other scores - none of them meant anything. Well, Everton were losing - but it meant nothing.

2-0, let’s finish this. 2nd half starts.

3-0. Easy.

Then the conductor starts. Si senor - it went on and on and on and on - could you hear it?

It was 10 minute transient chant. Our souls were singing, shouting, sending a message. Even the conductor stopped probably because his arms got broken - but the kop carried him - and he continued. This was relentless from us.

My mates in other stands heard it. It was a significant moment. Really significant. Collective energy, belief, and will power.

We’re never going to stop. But it was si senor. Bobbys song requested from Klopp. It was splendour. It really was.

And the game finished.

So Jurgen, do we go collect our souls that we left on the pitch?

No you don’t need to, because by giving, you receive. An old proverb I’m sure.

And I leave anfield again - but I think it’s different this time.

I know our club has something magical about it, which is why I’m with it... but it’s hsppening now. It’s awake, alive, and becoming almighty.

The players need us... it’s clear.

Ask the conductor.

Alright Now

Couple of hours before the game, the message was spreading from Jurgen. Bring your voices, leave your soul on the pitch. Word was go in early, a whole 45 mins early - none of this get to my seat 5 mins before kick off.

Flags were out, voices were ready... just needed the spark on the pitch. Jurgen called, we were going to deliver. That was clear.

And so the game unfolded. Block 305 is where many of the chants start, then rest of the kop follows, which then spreads through the stadium... and here I was. It was my first time in this block. A lot of emotion here.

One guy, a few seats away from me, but in the back row - was hitting the steel wall - and to a great beat. The conductor. More on him later.

The performance on the pitch unfolded. Players were up for it. It was clear. The pitch was green, the wind had subsided. The ref would have to be a complete wanker if he was going to screw this up for us - let’s not give him the chance.

And so our voices and souls - we conquered all of Europe, si senor, calm as you like, marching in etc etc - block 305 gave it all the first half - led by the conductor.

They delivered on the pitch, with the help of 50000 souls that Jurgen had asked for.

Half time, no reception - what were the other scores. Should I cash out my stingy 3-0 bet? Phone not connecting. Go in to the stand and see the other scores - none of them meant anything. Well, Everton were losing - but it meant nothing.

3-0. Easy.

Then the conductor starts. Si senor - it went on and on and on and on - could you hear it?

It was 10 minute transient chant. Our souls were singing, shouting, sending a message. Even the conductor stopped probably because his arms got broken - but the kop carried him - and he continued. This was relentless from us.

My mates in other stands heard it. It was a significant moment. Really significant. Collective energy, belief, and will power.

We’re never going to stop. But it was si senor. Bobbys song requested from Klopp. It was splendour. It really was.

And the game finished.

I know our club has something magical about it, which is why I’m with it... but it’s hsppening now. It’s awake, alive, and becoming almighty.

Ask the conductor.
Epic post. Brilliant. Thank you. I could hear the si señor across the pond and then began singing it myself. All alone on my couch 6000 miles away I too was in the Kop.

Thanks for taking the time to describe it. Job well done in many ways. Carry us to the end now.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
The shift back to 433 with Fabinho sitting, Gini and Keita taking it in turns to break the lines, Firmino central and utilizing space, Salah wide right but coming inside.. Seemed to do the trick.. We seemed to really click, it was back to the football pre-Christmas.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Epic post. Brilliant. Thank you. I could hear the si señor across the pond and then began singing it myself. All alone on my couch 6000 miles away I too was in the Kop.

Thanks for taking the time to describe it. Job well done in many ways. Carry us to the end now.
We heard you buddy, and we need you - wherever you are on this planet. We need everyone together, the collective is more powerful than the individual - the spirit of shankly embodied by Jurgen.

So clear.

LS12Red

Naby is growing into his shirt .... he had an influence in all 3 goals today, killed it dead and played to Milner for the assist, got his foot in to win ball for Mane to get the ball to Robbo for the assist and played a beautiful ball through to Bobby for the third. Bobby was supreme in the 2nd half, he is frighteningly good when he is on it ... get in ..top of the league and loving it

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag

3-0. Easy.

And the game finished.

Ask the conductor.
Brilliant stuff my friend

Wilkored08

Hiya chaps and chapesses.....missed sending messages and replying thru' the game....but would you believe it...I tapped on a 'stream' (NBC) and it worked....no setting up an account....so watched the whole game live....couldn't have wished for a better result...Mo motm or Robbo or Millie!!!! What a choice.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
When Bobbys on song we play well. He sparks Mo off and brings him into the game more.
Finally we got to see what Naby is like at near his best, there is more to come I'm sure.
Gini and Fabinho should be the first two names on the sheet for the midfield positions, they bring a great balance of pace, power and skill to the engine room. At home I'd add Shaq, Naby or Ox to that pair and Milner or Hendo in away games.