• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 9/2/19 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milner

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Matip

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Robertson

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Keita

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Wijnaldum [GOAL 33’, off 76’]

Votes: 83 53.2%
  • Salah [GOAL 47’]

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Firmino [off 90’]

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Mane [GOAL 24’, off 87’]

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Alexander-Arnold [on 76’]

• Origi [on 87’]

• Sturridge [on 90’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibseyred

Keita was better than he's been that's not hard to be. Today he was steady nothing spectacular still looks slow and indecisive at times runs himself into trouble when he should pass.

JMac8

Here is my match report from the Kop:

Couple of hours before the game, the message was spreading from Jurgen. Bring your voices, leave your soul on the pitch. Word was go in early, a whole 45 mins early - none of this get to my seat 5 mins before kick off.

And so to our seats - 2nd from the back of the kop - block 305. Its famous.

Flags were out, voices were ready... just needed the spark on the pitch. Jurgen called, we were going to deliver. That was clear.

And so the game unfolded. Block 305 is where many of the chants start, then rest of the kop follows, which then spreads through the stadium... and here I was. It was my first time in this block. A lot of emotion here.

One guy, a few seats away from me, but in the back row - was hitting the steel wall - and to a great beat. The conductor. More on him later.

The performance on the pitch unfolded. Players were up for it. It was clear. The pitch was green, the wind had subsided. The ref would have to be a complete wanker if he was going to screw this up for us - let’s not give him the chance.

And so our voices and souls - we conquered all of Europe, si senor, calm as you like, marching in etc etc - block 305 gave it all the first half - led by the conductor.

They delivered on the pitch, with the help of 50000 souls that Jurgen had asked for.

Half time, no reception - what were the other scores. Should I cash out my stingy 3-0 bet? Phone not connecting. Go in to the stand and see the other scores - none of them meant anything. Well, Everton were losing - but it meant nothing.

2-0, let’s finish this. 2nd half starts.

3-0. Easy.

Then the conductor starts. Si senor - it went on and on and on and on - could you hear it?

It was 10 minute transient chant. Our souls were singing, shouting, sending a message. Even the conductor stopped probably because his arms got broken - but the kop carried him - and he continued. This was relentless from us.

My mates in other stands heard it. It was a significant moment. Really significant. Collective energy, belief, and will power.

We’re never going to stop. But it was si senor. Bobbys song requested from Klopp. It was splendour. It really was.

And the game finished.

So Jurgen, do we go collect our souls that we left on the pitch?

No you don’t need to, because by giving, you receive. An old proverb I’m sure.

And I leave anfield again - but I think it’s different this time.

I know our club has something magical about it, which is why I’m with it... but it’s hsppening now. It’s awake, alive, and becoming almighty.

The players need us... it’s clear.

Ask the conductor.
I was block 108. That Si Senor chorus was special. Swell of noise came from behind us (thanks!) and seemed to build and snowball around the ground....just a shame he couldn’t score!

Commando

Ad-free Member
Anfield sang its soul on to the pitch. Cant wait to hear from @Commando @ILLOK @Red_Jedi and @dockers_strike.
Here is my match report from the Kop:

Couple of hours before the game, the message was spreading from Jurgen. Bring your voices, leave your soul on the pitch. Word was go in early, a whole 45 mins early - none of this get to my seat 5 mins before kick off.

And so to our seats - 2nd from the back of the kop - block 305. Its famous.

Flags were out, voices were ready... just needed the spark on the pitch. Jurgen called, we were going to deliver. That was clear.

And so the game unfolded. Block 305 is where many of the chants start, then rest of the kop follows, which then spreads through the stadium... and here I was. It was my first time in this block. A lot of emotion here.

One guy, a few seats away from me, but in the back row - was hitting the steel wall - and to a great beat. The conductor. More on him later.

The performance on the pitch unfolded. Players were up for it. It was clear. The pitch was green, the wind had subsided. The ref would have to be a complete wanker if he was going to screw this up for us - let’s not give him the chance.

And so our voices and souls - we conquered all of Europe, si senor, calm as you like, marching in etc etc - block 305 gave it all the first half - led by the conductor.

They delivered on the pitch, with the help of 50000 souls that Jurgen had asked for.

Half time, no reception - what were the other scores. Should I cash out my stingy 3-0 bet? Phone not connecting. Go in to the stand and see the other scores - none of them meant anything. Well, Everton were losing - but it meant nothing.

2-0, let’s finish this. 2nd half starts.

3-0. Easy.

Then the conductor starts. Si senor - it went on and on and on and on - could you hear it?

It was 10 minute transient chant. Our souls were singing, shouting, sending a message. Even the conductor stopped probably because his arms got broken - but the kop carried him - and he continued. This was relentless from us.

My mates in other stands heard it. It was a significant moment. Really significant. Collective energy, belief, and will power.

We’re never going to stop. But it was si senor. Bobbys song requested from Klopp. It was splendour. It really was.

And the game finished.

So Jurgen, do we go collect our souls that we left on the pitch?

No you don’t need to, because by giving, you receive. An old proverb I’m sure.

And I leave anfield again - but I think it’s different this time.

I know our club has something magical about it, which is why I’m with it... but it’s hsppening now. It’s awake, alive, and becoming almighty.

The players need us... it’s clear.

Ask the conductor.
Wow @Red_Jedi that's an epic post. It really gets over the atmosphere in the ground. I thought that it was brilliant all over the place today. No matter where a song started Kop, Main Stand or once or twice the Annie Road, the rest of the ground joined in. Bobby's song in the second half was mesmerising. Like a religious chant or a hymn. As was YNWA at the end. I'm sure that the players will have come off the pitch feeling that they'd shared something with the 50,000 souls that were there cheering them on. It'll be a great feeling for them to carry with them over the next two weeks until we meet Manure at the old toilet.

As to the game and MOTM. I gave my vote to Sadio, although (and the poll backs me up on this) it could have gone to anyone today. As I post this the only players not to receive a vote are Alisson and VvD. Those two never put a foot wrong all game, but such was the high standard today that they remain voteless. Onwards and upwards Reds.

jabu

TIA New Signing
Perhaps our best midfield three, hope Klopp sees it that way and fields the same three against Bayern and United.

If Keita can continue to improve and offer anything like Oxlade type performances, it'll be a massive help.

Interesting that Gini wasn't first choice at the time of last season's CL SF 1st leg and is now our best midfield player.
against united, i would go with hendo instead of naby and push gini forward...

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Positives......

3 points,
3 goals,
clean sheet,
great atmosphere
brill performance and very a difficult choice for MOM,
which show how good the team played!

Negative.....

Sorry for putting a damper on a great day but...

Talk of making a parade banner, and other title winning talk!

I know we have waited a long time to win the title and we are desperate to win it and getting more and more excited
but lets try to stay grounded and not get ahead of our self, as there are 12 games to go and anything can happen,

Lets take 1 game at a time,
and not get too carried away,
and keep the pressure of ourselves and the team

at least until we are down to our last few games of the season anyway,

Sorry for putting a dampener on a great day,
but I mean well :)

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
Had to miss a lot of the game today and since I was considering trying to find a site for other games too does anyone know of any decent sites for downloading our games?

I did find a great place a few year's ago and had about three seasons worth of full games or at the very least extended highlights but they went when the external hdd that had all my sporting videos on it died a year or so ago.

Alright Now

Positives......

3 points,
3 goals,
clean sheet,
great atmosphere
brill performance and very a difficult choice for MOM,
which show how good the team played!

Negative.....

Sorry for putting a damper on a great day but...

Talk of making a parade banner, and other title winning talk!

I know we have waited a long time to win the title and we are desperate to win it and getting more and more excited
but lets try to stay grounded and not get ahead of our self, as there are 12 games to go and anything can happen,

Lets take 1 game at a time,
and not get too carried away,
and keep the pressure of ourselves and the team

at least until we are down to our last few games of the season anyway,

Sorry for putting a dampener on a great day,
but I mean well :)
I did include a “big if” in the sarcastic parade banner banter just to avoid exactly this :well done:

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
What a sense of relief after that game. Back to winning ways with a commanding performance and most importantly a clean sheet.

Gave MoM to Gini, who I thought was outstanding. I think he is our best midfielder at shielding the ball and retaining possession in sticky situations. Mane continued his brilliant form and Bobby had some great touches and excellent reverse passes.

Keita had probably his best game for me in a red shirt. Real shame he didn't just put his laces through it on the chance he had towards the end. His first goal will do wonders for his confidence. A much more measured performance from him and it seemed like he has clicked as to what JK expects from him and our style of play.

Another long break now and looks like another chance for the lads to take in a bit of sunshine. Lets hope they come back relaxed and recharged and not shitting through the eye of a needle!

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
That said, Keita was excellent today; good ball retention, won the ball back a number of times and was consistently picking the right pass.
especially Matip. His lack of strength and balance is a big concern and there was some really sloppy passing today from him too
Good analysis @ILLOK. It was Keita's nice little pass with the outside of his right foot that enabled Bobby to set up Mo with the back heel. 100%, he is all about the confidence. If that comes, he will be on fire.

I find Matip to be a very frustrating player. He is Big for Nothing and far too easy to brush off. On top of that he seems to fail to clear the ball properly far too often, inviting pressure back onto us. Fortunately he has the great man playing next to him, so could be worse. If he could gain some strength and grow a bigger pair, he would improve dramatically, but you pretty much have that or you don't. Regardless, it was a clean sheet,so he did a job today.

Zico Nealy

Very heartened by that. Wish we had another game soon. Naby at last show8ng his true promise, lovely touches and his pass opened the door for Mo’s beautiful goal. Great performance from all the lads. Really happy for Matip too.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member

The Crazy Horse

Good performance today that with more clinical finishing would have seen us win by five or six...
Gini deservedly motm and Keita starting to show glimpses of the player he was at RB.

Highlights of the game personally were watching my teenage lad try not to snigger every time the commentator on Bein Sports 2 called their No.3 'Stiff Cock'...

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Fckkk beautiful game we played today!! I am sloshed and m so freaking jumping seeing the way we played.
Pretty sure I converted few of my mates who's don't watch football into Liverpool fans !
Mane man of the match for me!!

dockers_strike

That's more like it! No,not the result, which was very welcome, but, the atmos. From start to finish it was noise and positivity. Yes, there might have been a few groans but in a crowd of over 53,000, there's always the odd one or two. Thankfully, with everyone singing from the same hymn sheet,they were hardly noticable.

Before the game, I think Taylor got the Sala tribute all wrong and he seemed to want to get the game going bang on 3pm as we were singing YNWA. It looked like the players had gathered in the centre and I heard a whistle but as I said, we were singing YNWA so Im not sure what happened. Anyway, respect to Emilio and the pilot. I detest this ref with a passion as I think he's a cheat with all his Altrincham support bullshit. I saw in one match report he was given a 5.5. Personally, I think that's 5 points too much because once again, the little shit missed at least 3 times Bournemouth players used their hand to control the ball yet he waved play on. Virtually every time Bournemouth went down, he's giving them freekicks and waving away our appeals for frees when we get clattered.

When the game kicked off, we were giving it the Old Scouser Tommy song when Bournemouth had what turned out to be their best chance all game. Allison smartly got down to turn the ball away and the danger was over. I can imagine all the journos writing 'Liverpool nerves showing' in their notebooks!

Despite their poor recent away record, Bournemouth play decent football, their next best chance that I can remember was after Solanke came on and hit a low shot just wide in the 2nd half. Truth is, it was pretty much one way traffic most of the game. The first goal came from a corner. Once again, previous ones by Milner had failed to clear the first man so this time we played it short to keita who whipped in a cross. Up popped Mane to make it 4 in 4? Howe later claimed Sadio was '2 metres' offside, say what!? Didnt look offside to me.

Gini had a glorious opportunity to make it 2 when virtually one on one with the keeper but inexplicably dipped out and played a poor square pass to Mo instead. I might of groaned a little at that point but I was trying to stay positive. Gini did make amends on 34 minutes when I thought he stumble and misshit his shot which looped over the keeper. What do I know, turns out it was a great lob! Just wish Gini, Hendo, Milner, Fabinho and Keita would score more goals. Gini's strike was the first not scored by Bobby, Sadio or Mo since December.

Fabinho was really bossing midfield and although he didnt get on the scoresheet, he's my MoTM. Naby Keita also had a good game which is pleasing to see. The lad has not delivered as expected overall but the last couple of games, has started to show what he can do. I hope his confidence grows and he was a bit unlucky to see a second half shot fly over the bar. OK, he should have scored but everything has to be viewed positively, right?

The game as a contest was all but over within 2 minutes of the start of the second half. A quick break and lovely bit of skill by Bobby saw Mo bury the ball in the Kop goal to make it 3. We could have had more with better finishing but as my mate had 3-0 on the fixed odds, we're happy with that.

I went through 4 lozengers during the game and Im a bit hoarse right now but it was worth it. It would be good if chelsea could take a point off city tomorrow but I fear chelsea may try not to show their hand for the LC final later. Still now united have moved into 4th, the pressure is on chelsea to qualify for the CL so surely they have to put a performance in? Anyway, so long as we keep winning, it's in our own hands. Cmon reds.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
AFC Bournemouth got away with murder only having 3 goals scored against them. We didn't have any real scares and, in truth, we almost strolled through the game. I picked Gini as my man of the match simply for his well taken goal.

nikz200

Well, it was a must win and the lads won it. You can really tell this midfield does well when Gini and Fabinho click into gear. I gave MOTM to Fabinho cause he was very influential in how the ball was retained back to us. I also liked Firminos play today, he just seemed more in control and that pass was a flicker of genius. I do have to bemoan that we didn't win this by a higher scoreline but i suppose the clean sheet is what we should be really proud of given our injury issues and our poor defensive run since the palace game. United is a huge game but for now we just need to see what happens in the City Chelsea game and see if Sarri can pull something off.

XMarlin

Is there anything Milner hasn't been asked to do that he hasn't gone out and busted his ass to get done?

Today's squad gave an exhibition of football.

I picked Gini as my man of the match but it could have been anyone today

The lads were focused and composed...there was never a doubt as to the outcome.

It was mentioned in an earlier thread but I think it bears repeating...this year there seems to be a bit more willingness to get stuck in. Fabinho, VVD, Milner, Robertson dont give up territory easily and the effect on the rest of the squad is palpable.

Bravo lads!!!!

YNWA

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Wijnaldum and Henderson are extremely under rated. They are the engine of this team.
Just hope both of them stay fit.
Faby is growing into a monster of a no.6
Keita also did well, we just need to be patient with him!!
Now hope chelshits win the el plastico

Barnestormer

Left wing.
The midfield were ace today; thing with Fab is he breaks up play and looks for that forward pass, and if its on, he plays it quick, and accurate too. Ginius, enough said, what a deft goal.

I hope to see Guardiola scratching at his head and nose soon enough once more. I honestly think it will do us better to keep close (but just in front) to Citeh in this race and then take it at the death. Large points gaps tend to allow you to sit back a little, and we're not quite there yet to be able to ignore the gap and how it affects intensity.

Commando

Ad-free Member
Good performance today that with more clinical finishing would have seen us win by five or six...
Gini deservedly motm and Keita starting to show glimpses of the player he was at RB.

Highlights of the game personally were watching my teenage lad try not to snigger every time the commentator on Bein Sports 2 called their No.3 'Stiff Cock'...
lol :well done:

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
I’ve been critical of Keita all season, as I just couldn’t see what his contribution was to the team. Today, I thought, was his best game so far and I hope his Liverpool career has finally taken off. Well done also to Gini for his performance after being ill this week.
I have to say it’s ironic, that fans are now begging for Lovren to return , because Matip is giving everyone the shits!! For a long time, poor old Lovren has been the whipping boy and couldn’t do anything right in some peoples eyes.

Jimmyscase

DoctorJimmy: knee-high flying tackle specialist
Oh the average English speaker doesn’t understand the meanng of the word ‘if’ ......... its far too challenging and generally causes confusion and ‘misunderstandings’! :well done:
I suggest you move this post to the Brexit thread.