• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 9/2/19 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milner

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Matip

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Robertson

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Keita

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Wijnaldum [GOAL 33’, off 76’]

Votes: 83 53.2%
  • Salah [GOAL 47’]

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Firmino [off 90’]

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Mane [GOAL 24’, off 87’]

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Alexander-Arnold [on 76’]

• Origi [on 87’]

• Sturridge [on 90’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
I’ve been critical of Keita all season, as I just couldn’t see what his contribution was to the team. Today, I thought, was his best game so far and I hope his Liverpool career has finally taken off. Well done also to Gini for his performance after being ill this week.
I have to say it’s ironic, that fans are now begging for Lovren to return , because Matip is giving everyone the shits!! For a long time, poor old Lovren has been the whipping boy and couldn’t do anything right in some peoples eyes.
I think his best game was his debut against West ham. He was like an hovercraft, low center of gravity, lovely feet and Sharp turns.
I think that is the level he needs to reach. I think he still needs this season, and will slowly grown into it.
Just need to be patient with him.

C

Caradoc

Currently suffering from a real stinker of a cold.

Results have been pretty good for the Caradoc Clan today ...... Liverpool, Newport, Cardiff, Swansea and Wales (rugby) all winning has certainly helped! The highlight was Liverpool’s performance though!

Drinking plenty of orange juice, water and warm honey seems to be doing the trick .... !

Edit: might try a Tequila or two later ........ kill off the tiny bastards that are giving my throat jip!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Infamous

Listen Mo was electric in the later stages of the game. Keita stepped up because the players trusted him. So many times I think Robbo ignores him but he is always on for a pass under any type of pressure because he will commit players with with his one touch passing which with Wijnaldum could be leathal. Bobby was excellent again. Unlucky not to score. Can’t complain. On to the next one! Ps loved the fans!! Let’s welcome the coach before every home game!!

Red over the water

Made up with that. Right back at it. Three points clear, now let’s see what happens tomorrow.

I gave my MOTM to Keita. I’m making a distinction between absolute and relative MOTM. Absolute is the best player on the day, and that was Wijnaldum. But I’m inventing something here - and why not, I’m a grown man posting on a football message board!

Relative MOTM.

Relative to the level someone has been playing, then if they suddenly show big improvement, they could be up for the relative MOTM. It’s definitely a bit more subjective, but it allows me to give the MOTM to Keita. He did well through the middle, and hopefully this game represented a little corner being turned for him. He can still do a lot better, if what we saw at Leipzig is anything to go by, but today put a little marker down for the rest of the season. Well done Naby.

Alright Now

Currently suffering from a real stinker of a cold.

Results have been pretty good for the Caradoc Clan today ...... Liverpool, Newport, Cardiff, Swansea and Wales (rugby) all winning has certainly helped! The highlight was Liverpool’s performance though!

Drinking plenty of orange juice, water and warm honey seems to be doing the trick .... !

Edit: might try a Tequila or two later ........ kill off the tiny bastards that are giving my throat jip!
@Maria taught me to put some crushed ginger in the honey. Works wonders.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
That ball from Keita leading up to Salah’s goal really was something very, very special!

As well as Wijnaldum played today, and he was sensational, the big difference for me was Bobby!

And our midfield really were very, very good!
It was indeed, in fact the whole play was world class, including Bobby's backheel. Same with the reverse pass for the one Mo screwed into the bar.

Another good ball was Robertson's into Gini for his goal, but passer of the day has to be Fabinho for me, he put so many quick balls forwards. Cant emphasise enough how important this is, it takes all the pressure off the midfield and nullifies the press. Sometime we dwell on the ball sideways too much in there, but not when Fab is playing.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
That was nice to see,could have been more but 3-0 will do nicely!
Midfield looked good,Keita getting there,and Gini back from being sick,certainly was fired up.
MOTM for me but there were plenty pushed him hard for it.
Fab continues to impress.
All looking good for the last 12 league games!

The Infamous

That Wijnaldum goal was amazing from Gini,Robbo and Keita with the full court press :)

Mane has been amazing

jaffod

Routine win. A few more goals would have been nice but wont be complaining if the FFP abusers drop points tomorrow.

Can't fault any of the lads, solid defence, midfield bossed it and Mo looked back to his best - he's unplayable in that form.

Thought Bobby was poor again in the flesh but watching the highlights he had some great touches in the 2nd half and played a lot better than I first thought.

Crowd was boss all game.

Red Submarine

SIX, and counting.
Comfortable, solid, efficient, urgency without the ball, patience with it, and some outstanding football at times.
Good confidence boosting display before facing the Mancs.
**** the mancs :) Right in their ears. Can't wait to bring them back with a crunch :well done:

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
You shouldn’t be annoyed when you’ve won 3-0, but we could have wiped out City’s GD there.
Would have been nice, but I'm pleased with the fact we didn't over exert while at the same time dominating.
A bit more luck/composure and it could have been more.
No doubt someone will fabricate an officiating blunder or 2 as the reason we only won by 3 goals.

4 goals of a difference is negligible with 12 games to go.