Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 9/2/19 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milner

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Matip

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Robertson

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Keita

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Wijnaldum [GOAL 33’, off 76’]

Votes: 83 53.2%
  • Salah [GOAL 47’]

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Firmino [off 90’]

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Mane [GOAL 24’, off 87’]

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Alexander-Arnold [on 76’]

• Origi [on 87’]

• Sturridge [on 90’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redaderry

Woke up today and sheepishly checked if i had been posting after the match. I went to the pub at lunchtime yesterday to catch the Scotland/Ireland rugby match and our game, with a bit of an overlap. Pub filled with red manc fans supporting Bournemouth (i think they are very conflcted about us vs Man City in the title race). Lovely day, lovely score:well done: sore head today though:-(

Alright Now

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Just about a perfect day that. Last time I was at Anfield was for the Arsenal game and the atmosphere for this one was very similar. Very up, positive and it lasted all game. It won't be long before Bobby's song is being sung by all four sides of the ground. Hope I'm there to witness that.

The second goal was celebrated with more intensity than the first not just because it was such a fantastic goal but we all knew how important it was to get two in front. No coming back from that. Overall, it was one of our best attacking displays of the season. Not often recently we've seen Mane, Bobby and Salah really on it in the same game but they were yesterday. If I had one consistent criticism of the team this season it would be that we're not clinical enough in front of goal and we really should have had 5 or 6 but I'd have settled for any kind of win before the game so 3-0 is plenty good enough.

Hung about in the ground after JK had teased us a bit with his delayed fist pumps. These are special days that we have waited a long time for and we just have to savour them.

redaderry

I would buy that Bissana bloke, another CB and a wing forward from Germany lol
Couldn’t watch the game because I was on a golden wedding party.
After reading all the posts here I’m a little confused.
Eight sites and not a single vote for Virgil for man of the match.
Must have been a very good game from us.
Fixed now;-)
Big Virg is always a class act

Last edited:

Barry O'Connor

Be nice if someone other than Rafa would put up a fight against City. Chelsea an absolute disgrace always have been. Anyway draw or win our game at hand then match Citys results until the seasons done and we are Champions. We are more than capable of winning all 12 games.

sms1986

Be nice if someone other than Rafa would put up a fight against City. Chelsea an absolute disgrace always have been. Anyway draw or win our game at hand then match Citys results until the seasons done and we are Champions. We are more than capable of winning all 12 games.
Leicester and Palace did, and others will too. They've still got to play the aforementioned two as well.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
Firmino twice, Salah twice, Mane, TAA, Keita - how did we only score 3 ?
City are extending their GD, and this might be afactor at the end.

jaffod

Firmino twice, Salah twice, Mane, TAA, Keita - how did we only score 3 ?
City are extending their GD, and this might be afactor at the end.
We've been wasteful in front of goal for years and often try to score the perfect goal when we're coasting. If we win the title it will be on points.

Monument Mark

I suppose we have to now assume City won't drop any more points in the league.

So our task is a minimum of 11 wins and 1 draw to keep everything in our own hands.

With the Champions League kicking in soon, it's a huge task but certainly one which we're capable of.

Assuming we can keep up the standard of yesterday's performance, the only worry really is going to be injuries and/or suspensions.

But at least we know what we have to do. And maybe City keeping the bar so high will force us to play to our max.

MW2833

you could also see, that once Bobby backheels the ball to Salah, Virgil started celebrating the inevitable which had to follow. Love that!
He has a knack of doing that.
Did it when Mane scored against Leicester too
And during that amazing Champions League night when we beat City 2-1...

Alright Now

He has a knack of doing that.
Did it when Mane scored against Leicester too
And during that amazing Champions League night when we beat City 2-1...
But he didn’t do it on his own assist to Origilol

yiannos33

Believe
I suppose we have to now assume City won't drop any more points in the league.

So our task is a minimum of 11 wins and 1 draw to keep everything in our own hands.

With the Champions League kicking in soon, it's a huge task but certainly one which we're capable of.

Assuming we can keep up the standard of yesterday's performance, the only worry really is going to be injuries and/or suspensions.

But at least we know what we have to do. And maybe City keeping the bar so high will force us to play to our max.
We can lose one and draw one from our remaining games,and still win the league. City will drop points.

The Infamous

4-3-3 against all the poor teams we have left and 4-2-3-1 for Utd,Bayern away etc. I like the way we can batter smaller defensive sides with the 4-3-3 with Mo in his natural position. Also think Fabinho is better in a 2 at the moment. Would love to see a Fabinho-Gini-Ox combo at some point. Maybe Fulham away?

Libero

Much needed result and performance... Sort of wish we didn't have a break in between now and were playing again shortly but alas we move on. Waking up this morning and seeing the City result was a bit of kick in the guts... but we move on.

Fantastic performance from the midfield 3, Gini the standout, Keita came into it and Fabinho was brilliant for me. Went about his business nice and quietly and had a great game.

Shame Bobby didn't score and we didn't get a few more, which we really should have. The result this morning renders the goal difference argument useless. We just need to keep going and winning as many games as possible.

Its us against the rest of the league and dare I say it England... not many fans of other clubs want to see us win it. Hope we use that at some form of motivation.

I think we can go and get a result at united - the more they keep winning the more I like our chances of us derailing the start they've had under solskjaer, they're due a loss and all that malarky. Will be a tough game that's for sure.

sabbatwolf

TIA Youth Team
A very satisfying game all round. I gave Gini MotM for the determination and heart to play with the screaming wildies and only leave a footballing mark on the pitch.

I am irritated by the pundits saying Mané's goal was offside. I've looked at replays and as far as I can see, his body was level with the defender, only his arm was further forward. The laws of the game state that hands and arms don't count for offside. Yet when it's being discussed on MotD, they measure from his hand. It bugs me that these ex-player pundits don't seem to understand the rules they talk about.

Anyhow, now is not the time for a moan. The linesman got it right and Mané got his goal :-)