• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 9/2/19 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milner

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Matip

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Robertson

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Keita

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Wijnaldum [GOAL 33’, off 76’]

Votes: 83 53.2%
  • Salah [GOAL 47’]

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Firmino [off 90’]

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Mane [GOAL 24’, off 87’]

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Alexander-Arnold [on 76’]

• Origi [on 87’]

• Sturridge [on 90’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foldy

Part of me thinks we need to.

a) Sends a message

b) keeps up the winning habit and ahead of City, no matter what they do.

c) Shut up a few Mancs that I know who have found their troll "on" buttons again.
I don't think they've had tough matches, Solskjaer has literally blown sunshine up their arses, he's not rewritten the book on tactics. Releasing the likes of Pogba in an attacking role was a no brainer. He's literally taken the shackles off and said on you go. They'll need more than good feeling to beat us on the day. If we play like we did at the weekend with our tails up then I'm certain we'll beat them. All we have to do is keep winning games and keep the pressure on City. The irony is that for all of the media and pundits saying Klopp can't cope with pressure they're really talking about Pep. His reaction at the end of the Chelsea game said it all.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
A very satisfying game all round. I gave Gini MotM for the determination and heart to play with the screaming wildies and only leave a footballing mark on the pitch.

I am irritated by the pundits saying Mané's goal was offside. I've looked at replays and as far as I can see, his body was level with the defender, only his arm was further forward. The laws of the game state that hands and arms don't count for offside. Yet when it's being discussed on MotD, they measure from his hand. It bugs me that these ex-player pundits don't seem to understand the rules they talk about.

Anyhow, now is not the time for a moan. The linesman got it right and Mané got his goal :)
I agree with your analysis - the hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered. Therefore Mané's is level with Aké, the second last defender when Millie strikes the ball, so he's onside. The linesman is ideally placed to judge it, and perhaps most tellingly, the lack of reaction from the Bournemouth players demonstrates that they didn't think Mané was offside.

My only disappointment was that we only scored three goals. Watching the replay we might have had seven!
Some people are never satisfied :rolleyes:

LeoT

Firmino twice, Salah twice, Mane, TAA, Keita - how did we only score 3 ?
City are extending their GD, and this might be afactor at the end.

I kinda agree, though we won 3:0 we were wasteful in front of goal.
I would love City to score 6 goals in every league game left in the season, and Liverpool to win each of our remaining games 1:0.

Last edited:

Noo Noo

I don't think they've had tough matches, Solskjaer has literally blown sunshine up their arses, he's not rewritten the book on tactics. Releasing the likes of Pogba in an attacking role was a no brainer. He's literally taken the shackles off and said on you go. They'll need more than good feeling to beat us on the day. If we play like we did at the weekend with our tails up then I'm certain we'll beat them. All we have to do is keep winning games and keep the pressure on City. The irony is that for all of the media and pundits saying Klopp can't cope with pressure they're really talking about Pep. His reaction at the end of the Chelsea game said it all.
Lots of sense there.

I'm not concerned about United other than it being another game that we need to try and win. Its not a must win but its certainly nicer being ahead of City and forcing them to chase. I want to keep everything in our own hands.

Anyway, anything that puts the Mancs back in their shells is a good thing in my book. It has been a joy watching them squirm over the Summer and first half of this season.

sms1986

A 31-man travelling Liverpool squad departed for a training camp in Marbella this afternoon.

With the Reds not in action again until the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie with Bayern Munich on February 19, they will spend the next four days preparing in Spain.

Liverpool travelling squad

Fabinho, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Alisson, Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mignolet, Shaqiri, Brewster, Robertson, Origi, Matip, Phillips, Jones, Hoever, Woodburn, Kelleher, Camacho, Alexander-Arnold, Christie-Davies, Whelan, Lewis.

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
City are a very good team and for us to be directly competing with them considering the big difference in finances, is a massive bonus for us. also take into consideration, that chelski, manure have big financial clout behind them, we are doing great. I am fairly sure that Senor Klopp is drilling the players to take it just one game @ a time, and we too, should follow that mantra.
as supporters, our passion for Liverpool FC is unmatched in the world of football (my personal opinion and I believe it). I am not saying other clubs don't have passionate supporters, it's just that our level is so high, no other club can match it.