• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Liverpool v Brighton (EPL 30/11/19 3pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 109 89.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Henderson

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Salah

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Firmino

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Mane

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Lallana

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Origi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adrian

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

FGred

Anyone actually watch the match clock from the time of the red card to play being restarted? 75:45 to 78:32. Almost 3 mins to restart play. A bit of time wasting happening at setting the wall, Atkinson had enough of it and restarted play.

Lesson learned, don't fuck about if you're going to set a wall for a FK. If you're going to do so, step up to the ball to force Atkinson to talk to you if something needs to be said
An ex referee today said VAR should have cancelled the goal because Atkinson should have applied the new rule that the opposition players are not allowed in the wall but there were 3 there Atkinson knew this and still whistled for Dunk to take the kick now for all the people that keep defending referees if that wasn’t blatant cheating by him then I don’t know what is?

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
An ex referee today said VAR should have cancelled the goal because Atkinson should have applied the new rule that the opposition players are not allowed in the wall but there were 3 there Atkinson knew this and still whistled for Dunk to take the kick now for all the people that keep defending referees if that wasn’t blatant cheating by him then I don’t know what is?
So true. This is what is infuriating about VAR.

Simple rule var should have picked up.

FGred

I am not sure but isn’t Atkinson in the VAR room for the Everton game if so watch out for loads of controversial decisions?

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Spot on:

Law 13: "If, when a free kick is taken, an attacking team player is less than 1 m (1 yd) from a ‘wall’ formed by three or more defending team players, an indirect free kick is awarded."

Shouldn't twatkinson be sanctioned for failing to correctly apply the laws of the game?

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
We should only be sooooo lucky.

At any length it shouldn't come to this. Too much time spent mucking about getting the wall organized, boys should be kicking themselves for being so disorganized including the player in the armband for not leading it.

Falcon51

Curious. If you had to guess, would you say our front three have more or fewer goals and assists this season than at the same point last season?
Sorry I’m late on an answer. I’m not sure about this time last year as I became a first year fan around the end of November ! Watching them play since then, they seem to have been in a slump lately, or the other teams are making it harder for us. I just get this feeling they haven’t been playing up to their past level especially Mo who has fallen off even before his injury.

Alright Now

Sorry I’m late on an answer. I’m not sure about this time last year as I became a first year fan around the end of November ! Watching them play since then, they seem to have been in a slump lately, or the other teams are making it harder for us. I just get this feeling they haven’t been playing up to their past level especially Mo who has fallen off even before his injury.
No worries and thanks for the reply. If I’m doing the math right, interestingly, the front three have more goals and assists than they did at the same point last year.