Post match: Liverpool v Burnley (10/3/2019 12pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 86’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Wijnaldum [off 69’]

• Lallana [off 76’]

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • Salah (three assists)

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Firmino [GOAL 20’, GOAL 68’]

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Mane [GOAL 29’, GOAL 90+3’]

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • Henderson [on 69’]

• Keita [on 76’]

• Sturridge [on 86’]

• Total voters

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Lovren, Henderson, Keita, Shaqiri, Origi, Sturridge

RodM

Points in bag. Voted Lallana as MotM. Was surprised to see him start but he really made a difference.

I thought our left wing looked the best it has for a few games and also a mention for Bobby because being in the right place at the right time is a skill.

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
linesman and referee desperately need to go to specsavers. first goal should never have stood. Salah trying too hard, wish Mane could have passed it to him for a tap-in

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Dirty fuckers and crap referee. We also need to cut out that complacency at the end when we are leading. We need to have that ruthless streak and humiliate fuckers like Burnley. We have it in us, seems like we only turn it on when the manager goes bonkers on the sideline.

Salah needs his 50th, way too many wasted chances. Hope he breaks his duck against Fulham. Alexander-Arnold injured again, and this time it's his shoulder. Dyche a prick as usual and Mariner got the message to make it as difficult for us as possible. Don't fucking give up, just keep going.

Alright Now

Jurgen has really figured out how to get line ups and subs right since we taught him the way.

The players have learned not to bottle it since we taught them the way.

Bobby has learned to score and play false 9 and true CF since we taught him the way.

Hendo has learned how to be a captain since we taught him the way.

Lallana has learned not to hold on to the ball since we taught him the way.

What else?

Last edited:

scouseheadross

Septical
At the end of the storm is a golden sky.... Very good performance. Solid, fluid, great tempo. Sloppy last ten though (Keita was awful!).

Fabino really good, that defensive spine gives me great confidence. Lallana my motm though. Front three sharper, if sometimes wasteful.

Awful ref again. Laughable first goal. Hate the delays but bring on VAR.

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
also Klopp should tell the lads to pass it on the floor only to Salah.
feel for the lad, because he could have got a hat-trick today

macca1970

Coming back from behind in any game is always satisfying. Especially with the first being an absurd block on Becker not seen by the officials.
We didn’t panic, and continued with our game plan. Nice assist from Mo showing a burst of pace for the first, and a coolly taken second by Mane.

Klopp introduced Adam to the line up to link the midfield to the front, and it worked out well. No point playing Adam on the left wing, he needs to be able to go from different directions.

Apart from the first three minutes of the second half, Burnley never showed any ambition. The final 4-2 scoreline flatters them. We could and should have been out of sight long before Burnley’s second goal (which looked to me like a foul on Mo in the buildup). Could’ve been a penalty on another day for the handball, and Mane’s lunge at the ball unluckily bouncing over the bar.

Sturridge is obviously not the player he was, but he still has an eye for goal and some nice interchange play, as seen by the goal in the dying seconds. I’m not worried by Mo at all. He can continue not to score, but is still highly effective with his assists. He scares the shit out of defenders to boot.

Okay, let’s turn our attention to Munich, then back to the premier league again.

T.C.B

Dreadful performance from the Ref but that's almost a given. Only a fucking blindman or an idiot would allow that first goal to stand........the only other option is corruption but I cannot contemplate that being possible because it would be the end of football.
I thought Lallana probably brought what he shows in training to a game. He's a quality player but he needs to stay fit.
I loved Fabinho's performance today because he really does it all, gets stuck in, calm under pressure, lovely passer and makes fantastic tackles.
Mo needs a goal, but he needs support too. If he gets one he'll get 10.
The player we need to be in form the most is Bobby and today he was more like his old self. When Bobby plays well so does Liverpool.

Notasuperfan

Lallana showed he is a PL player in the middle of the park and not as an AM or a winger. It's a shame he is made of glass.

Salah is influential today in twisting burnley's defence and helping Firmino and Mane get so much space. He will break the duck soon!