Post match: Liverpool v Burnley (10/3/2019 12pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 86’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Wijnaldum [off 69’]

• Lallana [off 76’]

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • Salah (three assists)

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Firmino [GOAL 20’, GOAL 68’]

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Mane [GOAL 29’, GOAL 90+3’]

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • Henderson [on 69’]

• Keita [on 76’]

• Sturridge [on 86’]

• Total voters

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
I needn’t have worried about Lallana playing, he did really well today. I gave him MOM. Trent was poor though, defensively very shaky.
Question... Does anybody know anything about, what is going on with Shaqiri?
Not used again today.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Without Taylor it could've been a bigger win,surprised we seemed to out muscle them which is a very nice surprise,Virgil's masculinity rubbing off on others but needs to rub off a bit more on Matip.
Agree. But matip has been decent tbh. Good cover for Gomez and Lovren.
He does have a brain fart every game though.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
do not let the result deceive you because the play was street style .
horrible !
That's Burnley + windy conditions for you. It will always result in that kind of game. A few years ago, we'd have lost points for sure, but not anymore. The lads have been able to adapt to these scrappy conditions and come out on top, quite largely in the end. They deserve a lot of credit for this.

Alright Now

Not good enough.

We may have won today but that is not league winning form.

If Mane and Firmino hadn't scored those goals then we would have lost.

Alisson allows himself to get manhandled.

Lallana started, and Sturridge came on; these two wouldn't get anywhere near the Accrington Stanley 11.

Klopp doesn't know what he's doing.
Nothing on Higuain?

SBYM

Who's the fella owns this shithole?
Some of you may remember I was pulled up a few months ago for saying I saw Lallana having a place in our squad.

I certainly don't want him starting many games...but his skill certainly hasn't left him. I am still very hopeful of him having a significant impact in these final weeks, albeit as an impact player coming into the game off the pine.

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
I was pretty good at middle distance running. When the bell rings, be on the leader’s shoulder, just behind. Make him know you’re there and feeling strong. He loses the race, you just barge through and take the tape. We never make it easy, but we will make it this year :-)

Alright Now

Some of you may remember I was pulled up a few months ago for saying I saw Lallana having a place in our squad.

I certainly don't want him starting many games...but his skill certainly hasn't left him. I am still very hopeful of him having a significant impact in these final weeks.
And you remember I have accused you of making up so much stuff. And I stand by my view.

sms1986

Jürgen Klopp in his post-match press conference: "It's always difficult against Burnley and today it was for a few different reasons. One is the early goal we conceded - it should have been disallowed but they scored.

"4-2, a brilliant result."

Klopp: “Adam was outstanding in training and it was clear that if he could play how he trained, it would help us today. That’s exactly what happened. Well done, it’s really well deserved all the praise he is getting.”

T.C.B

PL reffing is starting to remind me of Serie A in the mid-90's, when it seemed like there was refereeing controversy every weekend, and there was lots of discussion of the decline of Italian referee quality.

We all know how that turned out.
Absolutely. The thought that there could be corruption behind the scenes is hard to shake when you see decisions like the 1st goal being allowed to stand,