• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Burnley (10/3/2019 12pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 86’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Wijnaldum [off 69’]

• Lallana [off 76’]

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • Salah (three assists)

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Firmino [GOAL 20’, GOAL 68’]

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Mane [GOAL 29’, GOAL 90+3’]

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • Henderson [on 69’]

• Keita [on 76’]

• Sturridge [on 86’]

• Total voters

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
Mane had every right to take flight like a bird after Heaton tried to clear him out at the end, but he instead decided not to get their goalkeeper sent off and slotted. Should have done it just to piss off Dyche more.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
Bayern have to be very careful not to let us score, maybe it'll be the game where Salah returns to his best?
Mo’s been a bit unlucky but he’s also a bit off form. It’s not going to last. Once he gets going again we really will start blowing teams away. I would back him for a brace at Munich

macca1970

The prem refs are incompetant rather than any grand conspiracy IMHO.

Teams that play fair (us) will over the course of a season get shafted more than teams who are up in the face of the ref and practice the dark arts. It's just human nature. The ref knows that he can get away with it against fair teams, and can have an easy life by giving in to those who make most noise.

Point in example, the second Burnley goal. Tugging on Mo down our right wing, but ref just let's it go. A couple of passes later, a goal.

The infamous Spurs game from last season, where Moss asked for TV help the fool, shows that maybe something dodgy could be possibly going on behind the scenes. But then when you actually here his full conversation with the assistant, it's like he just decides become Judge Dread.

Anyway, just for how idiotic Moss is, here's the conversation between him and his assistant last season:

Smart (assistant): "All I need to know is, did Lovren touch the ball?"

Moss (ref): "I don't know."

Smart: "If he's not touched the ball, it is offside, so you're chalking off the penalty. It has to be offside if Lovren has not touched the ball.

Christian Eriksen: "He did touch the ball."

Emre Can: "He didn't touch the ball."

Moss: "Just talk to me again."

Smart: "You know what I'm asking; I need to clarify, has Lovren touched the ball? If he has, it's a deliberate action and, therefore, it's a penalty. If he has not, it is offside.

Moss: "I have no idea whether Lovren touched the ball to be honest with you. Martin (Atkinson), have you got anything from TV? I'm giving the penalty."

I like the exchange from Can and Eriksen, LMFAO.

Then the response from PGMOL which of course adds to the conspiracy:

“Jon Moss was in a good position to see that a Liverpool player deliberately played the ball before it fell to Harry Kane in the penalty area. He then correctly judged that Kane was fouled by Lorius [sic] Karius. However, given the speed of the attack he was uncertain of the identity of the Liverpool player who kicked the ball. Eddie Smart, having identified that Kane was in an offside position, correctly sought clarification on whether Dejan Lovren had deliberately played the ball. His question created some momentary confusion when Eddie asked if “Lovren” had touched the ball. Moss knew a Liverpool player had touched the ball but not that it was Lovren.

“He then asked a question to his fourth official Martin Atkinson and acknowledges referencing ‘TV’ was misguided. Atkinson did not reply to the question and so had no involvement in the decision. Having properly reflected on the questions asked, Jon knew a Liverpool player, now identified as Lovren, had played the ball and that no offside offence had occurred. He then awarded the penalty. For the avoidance of doubt, Atkinson did not view a television monitor and did not relay any information to the on‑field officials.

“In real time this was a difficult series of decisions which the match officials judged correctly in recognising that Kane was not offside, as Lovren had deliberately played the ball, and he was fouled for the award of the penalty kick. The interpretation of “deliberately” kicking a ball considers whether a player has intentionally tried to kick a ball – it does not consider whether the ball ends up where a player may have wanted to kick it.”

This reponse from PGMOL just smells of trying to come up with a plausible adhoc reasoning.

Redopium

Another 3 points in the bag, Matip a bit sleepy at times, Trents poor crossing and Salahs poor finishing were minor worries but overall good game and well played everyone especially Lallana who some said should be nowhere near the squad lol, first goal was a joke after a clear foul on Becker but we overcame it and showed we are genuine title contenders. :celebrating::celebrating::celebrating:

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
when the team start a new match with a selection of players and formation of style paly then at that moment a new session start with new rhythm so if the selection or formation is not fit then the street style appears !
Completely agree.

FGred

Very good win against a tricky Burnley team but the man of the match for me was Adam just ahead of Bobby and the othe MOTM was Jurgen Klopp who placated all the computer games managers by selecting Lallana. That first goal that was allowed to stand just diabolical this time they held Allison down to prevent him getting to the ball and the last time it was VVD who was held down to stop him getting to the ball if thats not cheating then something is wrong with the game. Well done to everyone in the team for negociating a very difficult fixture. Their second goal challenged my ticker and my bowels severely today. The Bayern game will bring a bit of relief and distraction from the pressure pot that is the EPL. YNWA come on you reds

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
when the team start a new match with a selection of players and formation of style paly then at that moment a new session start with new rhythm so if the selection or formation is not fit then the street style appears !
Erm, if you say so?

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Not that Dyche's pathetic whining should even be dignified with a response, but Mane was standing up from being knocked down when the back of his head his Bardsley's chin. It was 100% unintentional. If Bardsley wasn't mugging Mane it never would have happened. Self induced. And as others have pointed out, laughable coming from Dyche. Very rich, that.

Virgil gave Ashley Barnes a taste of his own medicine in the dark arts. They were running down the pitch and Virgil purposely undercut him and made contact with Barnes chin and beautifully made it look inadvertent.

Noo Noo

Not that Dyche's pathetic whining should even be dignified with a response, but Mane was standing up from being knocked down when the back of his head his Bardsley's chin. It was 100% unintentional. If Bardsley wasn't mugging Mane it never would have happened. Self induced. And as others have pointed out, laughable coming from Dyche. Very rich, that.

Virgil gave Ashley Barnes a taste of his own medicine in the dark arts. They were running down the pitch and Virgil purposely undercut him and made contact with Barnes chin and beautifully made it look inadvertent.
Agree with you there. Cant even think what's going through Dyche's mind suggesting such a thing. It's a joke.