Post match: Liverpool v Burnley (10/3/2019 12pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 86’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Wijnaldum [off 69’]

• Lallana [off 76’]

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • Salah (three assists)

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Firmino [GOAL 20’, GOAL 68’]

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Mane [GOAL 29’, GOAL 90+3’]

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • Henderson [on 69’]

• Keita [on 76’]

• Sturridge [on 86’]

• Total voters

Noo Noo

Not that Dyche's pathetic whining should even be dignified with a response, but Mane was standing up from being knocked down when the back of his head his Bardsley's chin. It was 100% unintentional. If Bardsley wasn't mugging Mane it never would have happened. Self induced. And as others have pointed out, laughable coming from Dyche. Very rich, that.

Virgil gave Ashley Barnes a taste of his own medicine in the dark arts. They were running down the pitch and Virgil purposely undercut him and made contact with Barnes chin and beautifully made it look inadvertent.
Agree with you there. Cant even think what's going through Dyche's mind suggesting such a thing. It's a joke.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Dyche is not good for Burnley,plucky team work ethic overshadowed by his fucking constant horseshit comments,he brings the team down to being thugs with no ambition other than injuring the opposition,he's complete dogshit for them.

RedForever2014

It is becoming decidedly grim to contemplate. But we know that City's UAE owners are capable of far more immoral actions. We more or less know that they have been cheating on UEFA FFP, using their financial might to intimidate UEFA, and then bold-facedly lying about their conduct to UEFA even around the fairly light sanctions they did receive. Their response to the Football Leaks stuff is basically 'those are stolen' (i.e. authentic) and 'taken out of context' (not really a response at all).

At some point, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it just might be a fucking duck.
Personally I wouldn't have much hope of one corrupt organisation investigating another corrupt organisation and the result being anything other than a whitewash or token gesture.

The absolutely scandalous and explicit unfavourable refereeing we are suffering at the same time as the scandalous and explicit favourable refereeing that City are benefitting from is quite frankly an insult to fair sport.

A hardened conspiracy theorist might think that the fact that city are being investigated off the pitch is resulting in favours on it, such that City can't link the two and cry a conspiracy themselves.

As to today, relieved to get the result after a late scare.

A good all round performance - good to see Bobby bag a couple, Mane looking sharp, the left hand side of the defence supreme, midfield efficient and Lallana getting some minutes and offering something as a squad player.

Although a couple of our goals were created from the right hand side, the right hand side is of concern defensively. TAA can be sloppy and gets caught out in a way Robertson doesn't. Matip also is hit and miss, sloppy at times.

That said, I wondered why Klopp unsettled the defence with that late change. Henderson is not a right back. Was TAA injured?

It'll be good to get some competition for places back for the right sided centre back position, and indeed to have the option for Gomez to slot into right back late on in matches.

Let's hope Salah finds his touch soon, although if Mane and Bobby continue to profit from Salah's presence, as they did today, at least as a unit they deliver.

sms1986

That said, I wondered why Klopp unsettled the defence with that late change. Henderson is not a right back. Was TAA injured?

Let's hope Salah finds his touch soon, although if Mane and Bobby continue to profit from Salah's presence, as they did today, at least as a unit they deliver.
I think it was something to do with his shoulder, I don't think it was anything major though.

Mane and Bobby are brilliant at the moment, Salah finding form again would be excellent.

macca1970

I think it was something to do with his shoulder, I don't think it was anything major though.

Mane and Bobby are brilliant at the moment, Salah finding form again would be excellent.
Don't fall for the media hype over Mo's form. Yes, he's not banging in the goals, but his approach play is giving the oppostion headaches, and he's collecting assist after assist.

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
I thought the playing conditions were quite difficult tbh but our lads did very well and really had to really get at Burnley defence.
Honestly, speaking, when I saw Lallana on the team sheet. I was like OMG :shocked::think:, it's going to be a draw again and Lallana is going to be blown away doing his pirouettes. However, I have realised over the last 3 years, there is 'method in our Juergen's madness'. I should have known better. Lallana really put in a great shift today and we have to give him credit, after such a long injury. Well done to Adam, he proved alot of us wrong today.

Burnley are not an easy team to beat, they are very physical and brutish at times.
Bobby was back to his sublime self with is gorgeous goal and equally beautiful celebration, he really is the engine of the team. Mane is just relentless, like a man on a mission, he gives us crucial goals when we really need it, when we concede and he is just a goal machine. I love him to bits. He sometimes gets overshadowed by Mo, but Mane is an extremely vital in his role in last crucial minutes of the game. With regards to Mo, he did well in his assists and is brilliant going forward, his finishing is underwhelming at the moment, but I feel he is trying too hard. He needs to forget that " I need to get that 50th goal now" and just concentrate in keeping things simple. I have so much faith he can do it, he needs abit of Klopp hug and motivation of not to give up. He can try again in Munich

Fabinho, what a player, he is tough and is not afraid to stop the flow of play by the opposition, he dictates the tempo in central midfield. Hoping that TAA is okay to play on Wednesday.

Overall, a very satisfactory result with 4 superb goals, chipping away Man City's goal difference against a difficult physical team.:celebrating::cheers:

Well done Redmen and the Anfield choir. Our gaffer loved to keep us fans on the edge of our seats and drive us insane at the same time with scintillating football and his sometimes unusual team selection.

Bring on Bayern, we are ready for you.:-)

ETA: Oh yes, Marriner is the biggest twat of the week, compounding the mistake with the Burnley goal and then booking Alisson:unhappy:

Last edited:

Noo Noo

Personally I wouldn't have much hope of one corrupt organisation investigating another corrupt organisation and the result being anything other than a whitewash or token gesture.

The absolutely scandalous and explicit unfavourable refereeing we are suffering at the same time as the scandalous and explicit favourable refereeing that City are benefitting from is quite frankly an insult to fair sport.

A hardened conspiracy theorist might think that the fact that city are being investigated off the pitch is resulting in favours on it, such that City can't link the two and cry a conspiracy themselves.

As to today, relieved to get the result after a late scare.

A good all round performance - good to see Bobby bag a couple, Mane looking sharp, the left hand side of the defence supreme, midfield efficient and Lallana getting some minutes and offering something as a squad player.

Although a couple of our goals were created from the right hand side, the right hand side is of concern defensively. TAA can be sloppy and gets caught out in a way Robertson doesn't. Matip also is hit and miss, sloppy at times.

It'll be good to get some competition for places back for the right sided centre back position, and indeed to have the option for Gomez to slot into right back late on in matches.

For once I share your concerns on UEFA, FA and City. They'll get a little slap on the wrist and will be free to carry on as normal, with the same illegally purchased and financed squad. The sanctions should be detrimental. Points docked and the players that have been financed illegally should be banned. That would put an onus on clubs to ensure they finance their players legally but also the players and their agents too. For a player , who is well advised by their agent to not question the legality of being paid by a separate entity to their employer is a joke.

Yes I think there were some concerns on TAA at the end there

RedForever2014

For once I share your concerns on UEFA, FA and City. They'll get a little slap on the wrist and will be free to carry on as normal, with the same illegally purchased and financed squad. The sanctions should be detrimental. Points docked and the players that have been financed illegally should be banned. That would put an onus on clubs to ensure they finance their players legally but also the players and their agents too. For a player , who is well advised by their agent to not question the legality of being paid by a separate entity to their employer is a joke.

Yes I think there were some concerns on TAA at the end there
It does stink. As does the fact that Quatar backed PSG aren't censored for their behaviour (on and off the pitch), the same state also financing a FIFA world cup probably obtained via a lot of 'free lunches' in brown paper bags. FIFA and UEFA might be different organisations, but I doubt UEFA would want to harm a relationship that benefits footballs ruling bodies.

The Infamous

Agree with this. The Watford game was an example of this too.
For sure I would say his performance is world class despite not scoring this game and the Watford game he was occupying 4-5 players and Mane was just destroying them. I’m kool with one of them scoring all the goals and the other being the crash test dummy. It’s worked for the best look at david villa and Messi for example. Villa was a superior scorer to Messi but his movement and close dribbling created so much space for Messi who just destroyed everything in his path. Long may Mane reap the fruits of Salahs labour

Show me the Mane

Well played Lallana
hopefully that's him back fully fit and can get back to the standards of what seems a long time ago

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ the big dog's doodahs
3 points. 2+ goals. Still up Citeh's ass. Roll on the next game. We are still in the title race with 8 games to go.

THIS MEANS MORE

Big props to the crowd for not getting an early goal get them nervous, in fact Marriner's fuck up gave them the fight (not the Birmingham City style) and passion and lifted the boys

Lallana was good but I don't buy into 'he's back' just yet. He could be a handy option as squad rotation and games inbetween the big club matches. I don't think he can do what he did today in a bigger match. If he can provide at least 10 good performances as a rotation in cups and league matches, that would be enough to keep him around.

Don't slag off Burnley, sadly we must hope the bastards get something from the City game

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Managed to watch the match, amid family stuff... and back home for a bit before some more family stuff.

That was a good 3 points. Probably harder that we thought, and the refs give them a head start - showed what we are made of.

Not much to say, wish I had been there - but we got the job done. Minds on Munich now. Lets do them, Jurgen will have extra vengeance against them - and then back to the prem again. Heads down, keep battling.

We should have 2nd place secured, with a bit of luck we can finish higher.

Oh, and gave Fab the MOTM.

santana

mancity will drop points twice against manutd and leicester !
and liverpool will drop points against chelsea !
i do not think it was the wind
i think the selection with lallana and formation 433 was not fit !

Noo Noo

mancity will drop points twice against manutd and leicester !
and liverpool will drop points against chelsea !
i do not think it was the wind
i think the selection with lallana and formation 433 was not fit !
Despite 2 key contributions from Lallana and another home win.

Odd :think: