• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Burnley (10/3/2019 12pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 86’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Wijnaldum [off 69’]

• Lallana [off 76’]

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • Salah (three assists)

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Firmino [GOAL 20’, GOAL 68’]

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Mane [GOAL 29’, GOAL 90+3’]

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • Henderson [on 69’]

• Keita [on 76’]

• Sturridge [on 86’]

• Total voters

Dave-D

Missed the game picking up a new car. Was going to listen to it on talkshte but when Burnley scored the commentators became unbearable talking shte.

Glad to be back to winning ways and coming back from 1-0 down shows the team ain’t buckling under the “pressure” as everyone seems the think their feeling.

Also another +1 on the goal difference to catch City :celebrating:

Alright Now

Missed the game picking up a new car. Was going to listen to it on talkshte but when Burnley scored the commentators became unbearable talking shte.

Glad to be back to winning ways and coming back from 1-0 down shows the team ain’t buckling under the “pressure” as everyone seems the think their feeling.

Hope you bought the VVD of cars :well done:

redaderry

Great result and good to get back to winning ways so quickly. Maybe being the point behind is mentally easier on the squad and we'll keep the momentum going now even after Man City slip up, which they will. Top of the table is only a Man City draw away from us :-)
Great to see Lallana put in such a strong display, at this stage of the season it's nice that we have some solid options.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
That was a home game against a small team fighting against relegation - must win nothing more.

Away games in 2019 P6 W1 D3 L2 G4:5
Do we have a problem with playing away? Guess we’ll find out next week.

Red over the water

We haven’t been as good away from home, as pointed out, but I think we will beat Fulham and go to the top. Will we get eight or nine wins on the run in? Will Man City draw one or two of their last nine? This is coming down to fine margins.

Red Eyes

Celebrated that one a little too hard

If I ever try to convince anyone that I know anything about football, just say Lallana to me. He was excellent

Four points down and an early goal conceded.....it takes character to push on from there and we showed it in abundance. Beat Fulham(?) and City are two points down and chasing.

Let’s see

jaffod

I've a good idea, next time we get a corner let's have 2 of our lads jump all over the goalkeeper in clear view of the ref and linesman. Because that's legal these days. As is fouling the centre-half every time the ball is in the air.

Right, that's this week's 'incompetence' from the officials dealt with, now for the game.

Showed great character to come back from a goal down to win, that's 3 times we've done it now since Christmas, these lads don't seem fazed by it at all. It's great to see, especially in terrible conditions and against yard-dogs like Burnley.
Lallana was great today and fully justified starting over Keita and Shaqiri. MOTM for me.
Just got to keep plugging away and hope the FFP abusers slip up somewhere.

redaderry

Was it heavy? boom boom :J

Spitfire

Resident Realist
Nice to Lallana back playing where he was so influential for us prior to injuries a couple of seasons ago that year he scored and created a fair few goals for us, he played and put in the type of performance some may have been expecting from Keita upon arrival.

Having him as an option in their will be nice particualrly against teams that will try and park the bus against us.

Overall decent performance and got the points - we know it will be a tough run in and every game a battle, just have to keep grinding away.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Made up that Lalanna's return worked out so well but gave MotM to Mane as he had a much greater impact on the game.

With AOC, Lovren(?), and hopefully Gomez reyrning from injury I'm feeling more optimistic about the rest of the season. Having said that, we can't afford to be that sloppy in defence. Next league game is against Fulham and I hope that the complaisance we saw in the last ten minutes doesn't show itself against the weakest team in the league.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Some of you may remember I was pulled up a few months ago for saying I saw Lallana having a place in our squad.

I certainly don't want him starting many games...but his skill certainly hasn't left him. I am still very hopeful of him having a significant impact in these final weeks, albeit as an impact player coming into the game off the pine.
I remember when klopp had just arrived, lallana was considered to really grow into this team, and would be the focal point.
His work rate, closing down and quick feet was perfect for us.
I will take that lallana anyday.
The problem these days with him is that, he slowly gets into the team, playing well and then gets injured.
This has been the unfortunate theme of lallana under klopp.
He is a very talented player, let down by his body.
I hope he gets back to his usual best, and gives us that final push.
Him and sturridge need to contribute, this is probably their final season as a red.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I remember when klopp had just arrived, lallana was considered to really grow into this team, and would be the focal point.
His work rate, closing down and quick feet was perfect for us.
I will take that lallana anyday.
The problem these days with him is that, he slowly gets into the team, playing well and then gets injured.
This has been the unfortunate theme of lallana under klopp.
He is a very talented player, let down by his body.
I hope he gets back to his usual best, and gives us that final push.
Him and sturridge need to contribute, this is probably their final season as a red.
Lallana will likely be with the club for another year to finish out his contract, at which point he will be 32, almost certain to leave on a free. I think we saw what Klopp thinks Lallana can do for him, find pockets of space against opponents trying to keep 10 men behind the ball, so it is not only Firmino doing that.

Sturridge may not see the field again. He is out of contract in June, and has been ineffective the last few times he has been called on. With Chamberlain back soon, Lallana now available, Klopp has more rotation options if he needs them - Mane showed he can be very useful playing up top when called upon to take Firmino out of the line, and I would say Origi has shown he merits more opportunities than Sturridge.

Chung

TIA Moderator
Me too, don't think he is going to be able to cut it if we were against teams that have a bit of pace to burn. I still think it's time he asked for a move to a lower tiered team to get more game time as I can't see him start a lot of matches come next season.
Between his injury record and the way he had to work his way up from the lower leagues, he might actually be happy closing out his career as a situational substitute at a higher level than he can start at regularly. Today showed that that may not be the worst thing to have as an option.
@lfc.eddie Why do that, there's some quality there left in him. Don't know when his contract is up for renewal but maybe renew at as a squad player on lower wages, play him against teams in the lower 3rd when he's fit. Or bring him on for last 20mins when we're 3-0 up to lift everyone for another 1-2 goals.
This'll provide quality in squad depth, plus rotation for the first team players ....when he's not injured. Or we could even chance our arm on some sort of basic contract based on number of games he could start (against lower third teams, coca-cola cup, early rounds of FA cup etc.) to qualify for silverware, plus goals/assists bonuses
Agree with @Arminius

Hendo must play RB before Milner.
Don't agree with this at all and it's been incredibly frustrating over recent weeks when our regular RB has been injured or the RB slot has has to be subbed.
Why do we bother having Camacho on the bench or even have RB position in the reserves if that's going to be attitude! Though last 10-15mins of the game's we've been winning and in control of he should have been given the experience. Why wasn't he brought on against Bournemouth or Watford? All the other games fair enough, but when we're up and in control instead of shifting a different player to RB, he should have been given game time.

Made up that Lalanna's return worked out so well but gave MotM to Mane as he had a much greater impact on the game.

With AOC, Lovren(?), and hopefully Gomez reyrning from injury I'm feeling more optimistic about the rest of the season. Having said that, we can't afford to be that sloppy in defence. Next league game is against Fulham and I hope that the complaisance we saw in the last ten minutes doesn't show itself against the weakest team in the league.
If the rumours of De Light are true, I'm hoping we'll never see Lovren starting for us next season, pretty sure we can still get decent money for him.
Though, for squad cohesion, how would that affect Mo? Not that it matters much as he's been pish lately........

Sturridge may not see the field again. He is out of contract in June, and has been ineffective the last few times he has been called on.
No assist for Studge in yesterday's game then? :shocked:

Agree with you though, he'll be replaced by someone with equal finishing ability, pace and hopefully more directness. Which kinda rules Origi out, hasn't done anything to impress since he's been given the opportunities, looks languid and uninterested, if he does have pace I haven't see it yet, especially with the ball, no directness and definitely not in the same class as Studge for finishing.

santana

Was he good?
moreno in that position better than lallana !
when i see lallana play i remember kids play football in street .
and to be honest i did not see a team and yes there are goals but depend on the deadly trio and this trio can score goals allways but as a team as a level as play style it was .. horrible !

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
moreno in that position better than lallana !
when i see lallana play i remember kids play football in street .
and to be honest i did not see a team and yes there are goals but depend on the deadly trio and this trio can score goals allways but as a team as a level as play style it was .. horrible !
Novelty wearing off with me. Nonsense to suggest Moreno over Lallana based on yesterdays performance. Lallana defied expectation, he burnt out and was correctly substituted, but his contribution was excellent.
The randomness and charm of your posts us that you usually make some sense, but this really doesnt.

santana

pick any team in premier league and put the deadly trio ( salah - firmino - mane ) there and you will get a trophy or top 4 .
any team !

santana

Novelty wearing off with me. Nonsense to suggest Moreno over Lallana based on yesterdays performance. Lallana defied expectation, he burnt out and was correctly substituted, but his contribution was excellent.
The randomness and charm of your posts us that you usually make some sense, but this really doesnt.
i love and respect your words but when origi scored a goal at that time i said origi should be out even if i knew he will score goal because everyone saw the goal but not everyone saw what happened to the play style !

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
i love and respect your words but when origi scored a goal at that time i said origi should be out even if i knew he will score goal because everyone saw the goal but not everyone saw what happened to the play style !
Not remotley the sames as Lallanas performance, which was sustained, energetic and involved. I am not saying he should start etc, but in that form he is an option.
Sturridge had one decent pass yesterday, but I think he is done, out this summer and looks disintetested. But Lallana looks like he is at least trying.

santana

when i saw moreno as a defender
i was laughing because he fit as ( midfilder and in mane position ) better but we talking a bout a team that bring milner the midfilder in Rb while camacho on the bench so am not surprised any more !

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Some of you may remember I was pulled up a few months ago for saying I saw Lallana having a place in our squad.

I certainly don't want him starting many games...but his skill certainly hasn't left him. I am still very hopeful of him having a significant impact in these final weeks, albeit as an impact player coming into the game off the pine.
Some of the hate directed toward him over the last 6 months it seemed like he slept with their wives/ girlfriends. I thought he did really well yesterday.

I will say, just like when someone has a bad game, it is only one game and he will need to prove himself again when he gets his next chance which will be soon on yesterday's evidence. The good news is that Klopp still rates him exceptionally highly. Also him playing, imo, augurs well for Ox next season and maybe a couple of second half performances this season. I think we are all praying we regularly play a more attacking player at RM or LM with Gini, and Ox, Adam and Keita all fit the bill even if they all bring very different qualities. They are both offensively and defensively very sound, especially with pressing, which we don't really have enough of when both Adam and Ox have been out.

Looking forward to seeing how Klopp deals with all the important players coming back from injury.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
So by going with my pure Sherlock deduction. I would say that you should start all the pre-match threads and we will win all of them
Or I can retire from my Pre Match thread starting role being the 'Sam Alladyce - England Managertm' of the TIA forum lol

Nah fuck that idea, who wants to be labelled in with that fat turgid prick. I will humblely accept my mission to continue our winning run to see us lift No.19 and if needed No.6 :celebrating:

santana

hazard and zaha both talented players and milner is an ordinary player so why i pick milner over zaha and hazard ?
because milner do the job better than zaha and you do not need to build the team movment a round and on him as hazard !