• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Burnley (10/3/2019 12pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 86’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

• Van Dijk

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Wijnaldum [off 69’]

• Lallana [off 76’]

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • Salah (three assists)

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Firmino [GOAL 20’, GOAL 68’]

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Mane [GOAL 29’, GOAL 90+3’]

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • Henderson [on 69’]

• Keita [on 76’]

• Sturridge [on 86’]

• Total voters

santana

Not remotley the sames as Lallanas performance, which was sustained, energetic and involved. I am not saying he should start etc, but in that form he is an option.
Sturridge had one decent pass yesterday, but I think he is done, out this summer and looks disintetested. But Lallana looks like he is at least trying.
i love lallana and origi
when i see a match i see eveything even small details so i do not know what to say , i wish liverpool win , that is all .

Gazmaninaus

I thought we did very well against a dirty championship bunch. That’s what they are. The first goal was a rubbish decision by the ref but it didn’t seem to worry us. All an all a good result. Ps. Don’t think Lallana is our new found saviour. He will be injured by next week. Let’s not forget we played Burnley. They are a point above relegation.

LeoT

also Klopp should tell the lads to pass it on the floor only to Salah.
feel for the lad, because he could have got a hat-trick today
Don't feel for him at all.
I think on the whole Salah's been playing for himself the last 3 games, wanting his individual glory (being the quickest to 50 league goals), at the determent of the club's glory (league title).

There were key moments in the ManU and Everton games in which if he had passed rather then trying to score himself then we (the team) would have probably scored.

Credit where its due, he played better in this match, it was a great bit of play from him for the 1st goal, hope he starts chasing the club's glory from now on.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Needed 3 points,got them,job done!
Lallana...not for the first time Klopp shows he knows what he is doing.
Salah is doing a lot without scoring,Icertainly wouldn’t want to leave
out for a rest,unless he’s hanging out for it.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
At times I feel like crying. I keep telling myself that it's ok even if we fall short this season, we have made improvements, have a good squad, going to get better next season... but with 8 games to go, one point behind, I keep having nightmares what if we play van outstanding last 8 matches but Man City wins every game too or if we lose ny GD...its so near but yet so far.... I don't know what is going to happen to me on the last day of the season...

Am i the only one feeling this way?

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Don't feel for him at all.
I think on the whole Salah's been playing for himself the last 3 games, wanting his individual glory (being the quickest to 50 league goals), at the determent of the club's glory (league title).

There were key moments in the ManU and Everton games in which if he had passed rather then trying to score himself then we (the team) would have probably scored.

Credit where its due, he played better in this match, it was a great bit of play from him for the 1st goal, hope he starts chasing the club's glory from now on.
Bit harsh. He was directly involved in our first three goals yesterday.

You can't over-estimate the impact he has because of the sheer amount of time and effort teams spend trying to close him down. His finishing has gone completely to pot just lately but his basic game has been good (bar United when he was atrocious, but he was not alone there). Like any striker he just needs to keep going and others need to step up when he's not finding the net. Certainly I can't remember many instances recently where it wasn't appropriate for him to shoot. I would rather him keep doing that. If he starts passing when in goalscoring positions that would be more worrying.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
when i saw moreno as a defender
i was laughing because he fit as ( midfilder and in mane position ) better but we talking a bout a team that bring milner the midfilder in Rb while camacho on the bench so am not surprised any more !
This is becoming a bit surreal now...You're not from Widnes by any chance are you? :wave:

RedForever2014

In a sense Salah 'takes one for the team'. His presence and movement, together with the attention he gets, does have an impact and occupies opponents. This creates opportunity for others.

That said, it'd be great if he could improve his first touch and his decision making.

Love him or loath him, Michael Owen did a good review on BT yesterday of some of Salah's recent touches and decisions. He definitely could have done things differently in some matches to greater effect.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
At times I feel like crying. I keep telling myself that it's ok even if we fall short this season, we have made improvements, have a good squad, going to get better next season... but with 8 games to go, one point behind, I keep having nightmares what if we play van outstanding last 8 matches but Man City wins every game too or if we lose ny GD...its so near but yet so far.... I don't know what is going to happen to me on the last day of the season...

Am i the only one feeling this way?
I don't know if I can take losing the title after being 7 points clear. I did not want to get my hopes up, but I did, and now I am barely holding on.
I keep going back to the 2009 season, finished the season with only 2 losses, but still came in 2nd because of all the 0-0 draws we had.

Yesterday I found myself hoping Utd win against Arsenal, just so they can build on their confidence before they play City.
I am hopng Utd will do well. The depth of despair I have fallen to. I can't even look at myself in the mirror.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Where is the Bayern pre match thread,or do we all think we'll smash them to fucking bits so no hurry to make it,who made our best CL away game in terms of best result,i pick them to do it.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I don't know if I can take losing the title after being 7 points clear.
Not to mention a game in hand at the time, winning that would put us to 10 points clear. Anyway, I thought the same as you when we're 1 point ahead of City. Thought I might not be able to stomach it, but after reading all the post here calling people like me a quitter and all sorts, I just go - meh.... just another regular Liverpool FC season I have gone through for 3 decades or more. So no big deal.....