• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Liverpool v Burnley (EPL 11/7/20 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Total voters

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Two bad decisions from a dodgy ref cost us but frankly we should have won that with the chances we had. Finishing was bad and frankly I feel Firminho has been poor for a while now. Everyone keeps telling me how well he creates space and chances for others but he has not been effective for quite a while now.It is goals that count.
I felt we lost the midfield and lost control when Jones came off. He had been everywhere and challenging for everything. Man of the match for me.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Ruined our perfect record at Anfield against fucking Burnley because we can't finish to save our lives and a cunt of a referee. Inexplicable what's happening with this team in front of the goal. Either they're shooting as if blindfolded or they haven't got the conviction to put away the easiest of chances. Salah at the end sent me up the walls. It's not an one-time occurence and it needs to be sorted. As far as the referee goes, not only did he not award a blatant penalty, he allowed their thugs to push and pull Alisson all game long which almost led to a second one for them. Someone should have a word about him. Burnley have become Stoke's successors albeit they are a bit more refined. Horrible team of cloggers who deserved nothing more but leave Anfield with 5 goals at the back.

It's so frustating, we were really good until the second water break. We conceded immediately after, lost our heads and did nothing of note, except Salah fluffing his chance.

Alex

since 2004
Like most games recently. When the other team is well organised defensively, our front 3 gets disconnected from the mid 3

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Disgusting. Dominated the game but that's poor all round. Offside which wasn't an offside which led to their goal. Absolutely wasteful in front of goal. Nowhere near good enough. Another record gone missing. Shocking. Need to win the last three now. No room for error.
The only thing shocking is that you weren't embarrassed to make this post.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
It's a celebration in Manchester and most London-based media.

I think there's a new regulation that we have to give up our PL trophy now, no?

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
we got burned by Burnley and Pope today... credit to them. they deserve that point

we should of had maybe 4 goals...

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Gave my MoM votes to Williams and Jones. As long as they were on the pitch, we were absolutely brilliant. Our lads really played some scintillating football. Then, these two came off, and everything unravelled on our side. Robbo gets my third vote for his wonderful goal.

Result a bit disappointing, but our immaculate run at Anfield had to end eventually, and it's better it happens now when everything is settled, rather than when it still really mattered.

macca1970

Klopp speaking in BT post match interview sounds just a typical post match post in our beloved forum, ha

And Rio claims it's not a penalty (the shock!); Crouchy saying it's a pen

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
The only possible insight from a game like today's is ":shrug: next time they should shoot the ball into the goal instead of only close to in the goal". It was otherwise a good performance, with the added bonus of some nice cameos from the kids in advance of the new season. Annoying to not win but that's all it is... annoying.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Credit to Burnley as they only have 13 fit players.

really think we Need another forward. Origi isn’t good enough and Minamino can’t get on the pitch which is annoying as he adds something different. In 2nd half we needed something different as we became too predictable so I thought Minamino might get his chance.

macca1970

Klopp speaking in BT post match interview sounds just a typical post match post in our beloved forum, ha

And Rio claims it's not a penalty (the shock!); Crouchy saying it's a pen
And just to add, the third BT panelist, Rachael, claims that the ref must have heard the touch on the ball (!) so she's happy with the non award.

jaffod

Well, that's the first time we've dropped points at Anfield since the last time a complete fucking wanker of a 'referee' (who just happened to be 4th official today) shafted us against Leicester many moons ago.

Genuine question. Do Burnley have some sort of fucking special dispensation to foul Alisson on every set-piece? Every season it's the same with these fucking yard-dogs. Foul after foul not given.

And of course their equaliser comes from a free-kick they shouldn't have had. LiVARpool aren't we. 4 of the points we've dropped this season have been through shite officiating. I'm off to Bluewank to read about how lucky we are. Cunts.

That said when you are as profligate in front of goal as we are that's the risk you take. We've pissed this league but we need to improve on chance conversion. I suppose the fact our number 9 hasn't scored at home all season pretty much sums it up, not that he's the main culprit by any means.

We can still win the last 3. We play Arsenal and Chelsea either side of the FA Cup semis and Newcastle are turd. Just disappointing not to win the 19 home games.

Thought Williams was decent. Mane too. Gomez a bit shaky later on.

Up the fucking Reds!!

Flobs

FADA
Gave my MoM votes to Williams and Jones. As long as they were on the pitch, we were absolutely brilliant. Our lads really played some scintillating football. Then, they came off, and everything unravelled on our side. Robb gets my third vote for his wonderful goal.

Result a bit disappointing, but our immaculate run at Anfield had to end eventually, and it's better it happens now when everything is settled, rather than when it still really mattered.
i did see some good stuff from Neco however I thought he needed replacing at 1/2 time. Jones was having to cover for him far too much.
In fact all our young lads seemed to suffer Gomez, Jones and Neco. Jones probably should have come off when he did he had done so much work. I think the big worry was the drop off from Gini, not complaining just that, which just goes to show how hard going it was out there. I don't know how hot it was but it looked like a nice day and some of our lads suffered. I don't think Klopp used our subs correctly however what can you do when Keita is no replacement defensively for Jones (nor is AOC).

sgs

The issue that stuck with me is the contrast between our games vs Burnley and City vs Burnley; in terms of how the fluidity and intensity of their play make Burnley look stupid at times.

Not simply from this game, cus we could've scored four with better finishing, but always felt that we need to develop our game to be able to have the option to play shorter, quicker and with a greater technical edge. That's why I was excited with rumors of Thiago...

Frustrating game, esp made worse by a poor ref and an idiot commentator on NBCSN...