• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Liverpool v Burnley (EPL 11/7/20 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Total voters

richieh10

Anyone think Sadio is getting fed up of Salah not passing to him.
I mentioned this previously. If he isn’t fed up his body language would suggest otherwise.

I suppose if you Mane, and you work your bollocks off you would get a bit pissed off with not getting the ball from Salah (or any player for that matter but it’s usually Salah due to them both playing predominantly in the attacking 3rd)

Salah is a beast and scores hat fulls of goals, but at times he can be wasteful too and should pass to somebody who is in a better position (usually Mane due to his positional play) rather than take on the shot himself. Yesterday was a prime example of this.

if you’re an attacking player not getting the ball from a team mate when you’re in a good position is going to do your head in regardless of who you are.

richieh10

I would imagine this is a common problem with clubs who have 2 players who both score loadsa goals and are up there fighting for the golden boot.
The competition could and should be fierce but sometimes you gotta put the team before yourself... I just get the feeling Mane is happier to do that than Salah is - not that he isn’t but he definitely has more of a selfish streak than Mane, which isn’t a bad thing - but at certain times it isn’t a great thing either.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Anyone think Sadio is getting fed up of Salah not passing to him.
Can remember us not winning a derby against Fat Sams Everton because Sadio didn’t pass.

Now he is the ultimate teamplayer.

Sadio changed. Why can’t Salah?
Salah assisted Mane for his goal against Crystal Palace. He assisted Henderson's versus Brighton and he would have put Mane one on one versus Pope yesterday but he overhit his return pass. Furthermore, there is zero evidence that the relationship between Mane and Salah is anything but cordial. This is a nothing story pushed by the media because it generates clicks and viewership and it sells newspapers.

It would be nice if our own fans didn't buy into it.

jaffod

Well, that was not a poor performance form our players. We played well and created enough chances to win the game easily, but we were wasteful infront of goal. Salah missed 3-4 100% situations. Mane and Bobby also had great chances, but were stopped either form the woodwork or by Pope.

Fabinho was my MoM, he is back in business. The assist for Robbo was pure class. Gini did a lot of hard work and I really don't know what is going on with his new contract. Klopp said he wants him at the club, the player said the same thing and still time passes by and no news on his new contract. The club must at least keep Klopp's most influential players.

Jones and Williams did well, Curits is a very confident young player, the ability is there, his short passing is slick, his technique is great and we have a player with great potential. I also liked his defensive contribution too.
Neco played at his traditional position and was much improved. Actually he totally nullified McNeil for the first 65 minutes and Dwight is Burnley's most creative player.

Robertson looked back to his best version, he was rested for the 1st 45 min vs. BHA gave and he was flying /vs. BHA in the 2nd hald and yesterday vs. Burnley/.

Yet the score was 1-1 and we were chasing the win, but Klopp did not introduce any of his offensive players on the bench - Origi, Shaqiri, Elliott, Minamino. This must be the clearest sign that Klopp had his own reservations that any of those player can change the outcome of the match.
Juergen used only Keita and AOC. Sadly Chambo's form is poor, most of his displays this season have not been to the required standard.

This team needs to be refreshed and the signs are clear. After all the club account show that LFC's profit for the last 2 seasons is + 140 mln. pounds.
For example last season Chelsea declared losses of 100 mln. pounds. Still Chelsea spend 100 mln. pounds last season /making the deals for Pulisic and Kovacic permanent/ and this season they are ready to break the 100 mln. pounds barrier once again. Yep they sold Moratta /58 mln. pounds/ and Hazard /90 mln. pounds without bonuses./. But still it is obvious that the spend more than they recieve from sales.

For example last summer LFC's profit form sales and buys is around 40 mln. pounds. This season the club trimmed the wage bill by releasing Clyne and Lallana /matter of two weeks/.

And the cryind need of reinforcement in defence /left back/ and attack /versatile forward/ is obvious. Selling Shaqiri or Origi is another option to add extra finances and we don't need throwing crazy money for someone like Havertz or Sancho.
At the moment there are enough interesting players available for decent transfer fees or even on the loan market.

Standing still for a second successive season will be a huge risk. We are not invincible and we are not immune to mistakes. Chelsea in the FA Cup, Atletico Madrid in the CL, Man City and Watford in the PL showed that there are several ways to beat us and the depth of the team /in several positions/ is not at the required level.
Your points on re-inforcements are valid I feel.

If you ignore the history of those on our bench (Divocks vital goals, Ox's injury, Shaq's a top lad etc) then the call to get shut of the lot of them would be pretty loud. Throw in Lallana (gone) and Minimino (struggling to make impact) and the contribution of our 'game-changers' this season has been minimal.

I feel JK has to make some difficult decisions, either give these lads more playing time to keep them on their game and prove their worth or offload them.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Starting to feel a little deflated

Don’t get me wrong, nothing can beat the feeling of being champions, but I really want to hunt down that centurion tag

I mean, how many opportunities to get to 100 points will any club ever get ?

Not technically, but realistically

This is genuinely historical stuff, feels like there’s so much to play for.

richieh10

I’m not saying that their relationship isn’t cordial.

but Mane’s body language everytime he feels he should get a pass from Salah, and doesn’t is very poor (as you’d expect).

personally as a fan I don’t see anything wrong with having a dose of reality and when you see something which is/potentially could become an issue further down the line and talking about it....

we are supporters. for 95% of our players they aren’t supporters they are employees, of course they want to do well for the club, the supporters, the manager the city etc but also for themselves.

think about it this way - Are you best mates with everybody in your employment? If you’re working your bollocks off and assisting your colleagues and being a team player, only for them to (seemingly) not return the favour to the same level and they get all the praise then you’re going to be slightly aggrieved.

macca1970

Salah - Mane. Those disecting the body language I feel are just getting their knickers in a twist.

And anyway, let's say the premise is true that Mane absolutely hates Mo. Well, has it affected their performances over the last few years? No

Look at the famous Cole - Sheringham incident from 25 years back. They never even spoke to each other, but formed a good pairing up front. In ten years time, after Mo and Mane retire with many medals for Liverpool, maybe Sadio will let out an autobiography and spill the beans.

To me, I see two supremely talented individuals pusihing each other on to improve even further.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Couldn't care less as it is something I have no control over.

If there is an issue then Klopp and the coaching staff will no doubt be aware and will deal with it as they see best. End of story

FGred

i think you need to help yourselves in these situations as well and we don't which is Klopp's fault. In that I mean we can see their players lining up to hinder Allisson yet noone goes to protect him. If he was being protected the chances of a fowl against them is increased as to get to Allisson they would have to go through one of our players.
We still haven't sorted out how to defend corners and it becomes a big worry when the opposition start winning corners and free kicks one after thye other.
It is a chicken and egg situation any of our defenders leave their positions and it becomes even easier to score for Burnley Dyche knew what he was doing by targeting our GK who should have had many free kickS for getting shoved by three of their players and some were even standing on his foot to stop him jumping for the ball I agree if we had taken our numerous chances we would have negated the biased officials but all the same it is not fair on our team. Dyche must have had a call from Alardarse as it looked textbook shithousery he would employ.

jaffod

Starting to feel a little deflated

Don’t get me wrong, nothing can beat the feeling of being champions, but I really want to hunt down that centurion tag

I mean, how many opportunities to get to 100 points will any club ever get ?

Not technically, but realistically

This is genuinely historical stuff, feels like there’s so much to play for.
We'd be on 97 points right now if the useless twats on VAR did their jobs properly. Sometimes, like yesterday, it's purely down to circumstances beyond your control - tight offside call wrongly given and 2 points are gone.
I genuinely don't think we've won a point this season due to a dodgy call either on-pitch or on VAR but we've lost 4.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin

but Mane’s body language everytime he feels he should get a pass from Salah, and doesn’t is very poor (as you’d expect).

personally as a fan I don’t see anything wrong with having a dose of reality and when you see something which is/potentially could become an issue further down the line and talking about it....

we are supporters. for 95% of our players they aren’t supporters they are employees, of course they want to do well for the club, the supporters, the manager the city etc but also for themselves.

think about it this way - Are you best mates with everybody in your employment? If you’re working your bollocks off and assisting your colleagues and being a team player, only for them to (seemingly) not return the favour to the same level and they get all the praise then you’re going to be slightly aggrieved.
What the name of that condition the lad out the Eurhythmics has got that makes him think that terrible things are happening to him even when life is great? I think some of our fans have got it.

Why are we inventing shit to be concerned about here?

Mane is a elite footballer with incredibly high standards he expects of himself and others. Salah is a elite footballer with incredibly high standards he expects of himself and others. If either of them don’t get a pass they think they should get from anyone they’ll have a mardy.

The same can be said for quite a few others in the team. Alisson will tear a strip of anyone he feels haven’t done their job. Virgil will bollock those around him. Hendo is constantly snarling at everyone around him. Why don’t we signal their body language and behaviour and imply they want to get off?

I’ve no idea if Mo and Sadio are very, very bestest mates, but I’ve seen enough videos through their spell here that suggests they at least get on alright. The comparison with Sheringham and Cole - two players who really didn’t like each other - is completely ridiculous.

The media are desperate for some space or conflict in a tightly knit and really happy Liverpool team. Let’s not stoke these wankers fire for them.

FGred

What the name of that condition the lad out the Eurhythmics has got that makes him think that terrible things are happening to him even when life is great? I think some of our fans have got it.

Mane is a elite footballer with incredibly high standards he expects of himself and others. Salah is a elite footballer with incredibly high standards he expects of himself and others. If either of them don’t get a pass they think they should get from anyone they’ll have a mardy.

The same can be said for quite a few others in the team. Alisson will tear a strip of anyone he feels haven’t done their job. Virgil will bollock those around him. Hendo is constantly snarling at everyone around him. Why don’t we signal their body language and behaviour and imply they want to get off?

I’ve no idea if Mo and Sadio are very, very bestest mates, but I’ve seen enough videos through their spell here that suggests they at least get on alright. The comparison with Sheringham and Cole - two players who really didn’t like each other - is completely ridiculous.

The media are desperate for some space or conflict in a tightly knit and really happy Liverpool team. Let’s not stoke these wankers fire for them.
Spot on mate there are people who are sticking the knife deeper I have decided to ignore people who are baiting us to respond to a non event

richieh10

Not intended to stick the knife in or anything like that lads. As I’ve said I hope I’m wrong.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...

Paradise Syndrome. Its described as a creeping dread that something is wrong. It is likened to hypochonria but is not recognised by many psychologists as an actual illness or syndrome.
But it exists to some level at least.

@redbj
I understand that bit of deflation concerning the record. I so badly want to beat the City record, but sm also still celebrating the title. Still hope that the record is broken!

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Salah gave him a perfect pass he should converted for a goal (Pope did save well). I think they pass plenty to each other and this whole supposed feud is manufactured by bored media desperate for controversy to raise their ratings.
The reporters/writers are not doing their job if they aren't stirring the pot a wee bit. :sneaky:

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
The reporters/writers are not doing their job if they aren't stirring the pot a wee bit. :sneaky:
I don’t begrudge them their fun, I’ve just learned to question their lines of bull.

if there was really a problem, Ox wouldn’t feel comfortable joking about “Mo don’t pass to us” in interviews.

Personally, I love the way both Mo and Sadio play individually and together. Sure, some days it doesn’t come off and they frustrate, but far more they create sublime moments and victories.

XMarlin

Would love every match we play to be a convincing victory but the interruption of the season interrupted our momentum.

There's no doubt that it's not the same without fans in the stadiums, injuries affecting lineups etc.

We've dropped points we may not have but in the end I'll be content knowing that we were able to achieve what we set out to do...win the league.

And we've done it convincingly with a squad made up of contributors.

Not every player can be a star but they've performed like champions all year.

Adrian now quiet, was magnificent when called up.

Milner, rather than piss and moan about being asked to play multiple roles has caly given his all.

Gini goes about his business.

Bobby...tireless off the ball.

Those are just a few of the examples of what it took to win...and that's just a tiny part of this championship club's success.

Everyone who got a paycheck from LFC at every level made a contribution.

I hope one day we'll see that list.

Groundskeepers, cafe workers, staff, laundry, nutrition, physio, coaches, payroll, transportation...I'm so proud and grateful to them all for their hard work

Wilkored08

After his rant at the dickhead ref....Robbo will almost definitely get a fine....ref will get a gold star....fgs.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
After his rant at the dickhead ref....Robbo will almost definitely get a fine....ref will get a gold star....fgs.
Hope he gets a fine because I want to see Klopps reaction to that.

But tbh I think the cowards at the FA are too afraid of the shitstorm they would receive from us Liverpool.

richieh10

I’ve not actually seen the replay for the tackle on Robbo.... it looked a pen from the main camera angle but has anybody got / seen the VAR clip?

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

When Mané was denied by Pope with a world-class save, right at the stroke of half-time, the pass to him was made by Salah. Any other day, that would have been a goal and we wouldn't discuss this stuff.

At the end of the day, both are strikers, want to score goals, and will try the difficult stuff here and there instead of passing the buck to one of their team-mates. Naturally, if Salah or Mané are at the end of one of these snubs, they'll be frustrated. I remember many times when Salah was frustrated by Mané.

And to hopefully calm your concerns for good, here are quotes from Sadio, two days ago, talking about his relationship with Bobby and Mo, and the 250 goals they've scored together:

"I think our target is another 250 goals again and more trophies with Liverpool," Mane tells Liverpoolfc.com via video link.

"I think it's just unbelievable. It's not easy to play in England and score this [amount] of goals. It's just incredible because there are so many good teams and strong defenders, so it's not easy.

"We always try to work harder and harder to get better and better to do the best for the team.

"Playing alongside these two, even me and you, I think we can both play alongside these two great players.

"So you just need to be fit and then you play alongside them because they make everything easier for me and you!"

"Well, I couldn't be more happy, proud to be a Liverpool player," he says. "For sure it has been a great season, a great four years for me.

"I'm really happy to be alongside my teammates, staff, everything. I'm just happy and proud to be here.

"I think as a player I'm still learning, I never stop learning and you can see me and all of the boys have been developed a lot. We are really, really happy about it.

"At the same time, we never stop working harder because it has always been a dream for me to play and always getting better and better – especially to score more goals, more assists for my team and to win trophies.

"Honestly, I think it has been most special for me and my teammates. After 30 years of waiting [for] the fans, I still don't believe it. But we did it and I think it's just so special.

"We are really happy and we are really proud after 30 years to be the players who win the [Premier League] trophy with Liverpool Football Club. Hopefully more and more to come."
All is good. (y)

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Haven't read the whole thread but is it consensus on here that Robbo's was a penalty?
Not sure of concensus, but in my view it should have been a penalty. Also, when you see how angered he was post match you realise he knew it was a pen.
Liverpool have had all the nonsense concerning VAR in their favour this season, and if evidence of that being nonsense is needed just look at the number of penalty claims not even reviewed over the last few games.
We are champions, and in the grand scheme of things these decisions dont effect that, but the history of this season will reflect our home record as P 19 W 18 D1
It should have been perfect.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Not sure of concensus, but in my view it should have been a penalty. Also, when you see how angered he was post match you realise he knew it was a pen.
Liverpool have had all the nonsense concerning VAR in their favour this season, and if evidence of that being nonsense is needed just look at the number of penalty claims not even reviewed over the last few games.
We are champions, and in the grand scheme of things these decisions dont effect that, but the history of this season will reflect our home record as P 19 W 18 D1
It should have been perfect.
I would be pretty livid if that was paid against us had we been the ones defending.