• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Liverpool v Burnley (EPL 11/7/20 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Total voters

Noo Noo

Not sure of concensus, but in my view it should have been a penalty. Also, when you see how angered he was post match you realise he knew it was a pen.
Liverpool have had all the nonsense concerning VAR in their favour this season, and if evidence of that being nonsense is needed just look at the number of penalty claims not even reviewed over the last few games.
We are champions, and in the grand scheme of things these decisions dont effect that, but the history of this season will reflect our home record as P 19 W 18 D1
It should have been perfect.
VAR has been an utter shambles of late. So many decisions that are flat out wrong, even with the benefit of slow motion etc.

Only last night Sakho's goal for Palace wrongly in my opinion ruled out.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
VAR has been an utter shambles of late. So many decisions that are flat out wrong, even with the benefit of slow motion etc.

Only last night Sakho's goal for Palace wrongly in my opinion ruled out.
I agree, there’s been several shocking decisions or incidents when VAR has failed to intervene. As for the Sakho disallowed goal, terrible decision. The ball clearly went in off his shoulder, never in a million years was that handball.