• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 22/7/20 8.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [GOAL 37’]

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Gomez

• Van Dijk

• Robertson

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Wijnaldum [GOAL 43’, off 66’]

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Keita [GOAL 22’, off 66’]

Votes: 58 59.8%
  • Salah [off 79’]

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Firmino [GOAL 54’, off 87’]

Votes: 28 28.9%
  • Mane [off 87’]

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Milner [on 66’]

• Jones [on 66’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 79’, GOAL 84’]

• Minamino [on 87’]

• Origi [on 87’]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rab

Lampard: "Don't be arrogant about it"

Also Lampard "That's not a fucking foul. Don't fucking stand up to me. I'm not asking you. You shut the fuck up too"

He sounds like an entitled schoolboy not getting his own way. Much like the manager he played under who was well known for his down to earth, modest nature. Really hope they don't get CL football, even if that means United do.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member

Also Lampard "That's not a fucking foul. Don't fucking stand up to me. I'm not asking you. You shut the fuck up too"

He sounds like an entitled schoolboy not getting his own way. Much like the manager he played under who was well known for his down to earth, modest nature. Really hope they don't get CL football, even if that means United do.
TAA shut him up tho.

MinniMo

This really hurts. The first photos on this link are not what they should be, but what should never have been allowed to happen - from the photos I saw last night, most were kids, and have in no way 'waited 30 years for this'.

Sad that the headlines we should be making have this with them, I hope those erks are so dammed proud of themselves.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
This really hurts. The first photos on this link are not what they should be, but what should never have been allowed to happen - from the photos I saw last night, most were kids, and have in no way 'waited 30 years for this'.

Sad that the headlines we should be making have this with them, I hope those erks are so dammed proud of themselves.

Always going to happen. Anfield is in a densely populated residential area and people are allowed to go outside.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Frank is cracking under the pressure. He has rabbit ears and is hearing everything. I like Frank, but he “showed his ass” last night. CL footie is slipping away and obviously that’s his big recruitment pitch. Wait until he feels the weight next year after a massive outlay of cash. But enough about Frank in our moment...

As Jürgen said....”we will all be together one day soon. But for now, tell the world...We Are Liverpool, Champions of England!“

FGred

@Alright Now you can start the Newcastle thread if you want to - I’m not doing it.

Players will be drunk and I don’t want to end my season on a 'low' because of that.
It’s not just the players that are drunk the alcohol vapours Still haven‘t dissipated yet for me drinking a lot of water has helped a bit but the headache still lingers well worth it though it was the first time in six months that I watched the whole game!

FGred

Random thoughts....

Never seen a 5-3 in the flesh, starting to doubt I ever will.

Their 3rd goal was a joke, lad who took the throw-in stole about 15 yards. Tyler said fuck all.

Bobby ruined a mad stat tonight but what a fucking goal!

Nice to see the Ox get one.

That Burnley result will continue to haunt me.

There's a lot of Evertonian fume about tonight.

Souness fucking loves this club. A real shame what happened when he was manager, I'll never believe anything he did or said was meant with any malice, just bad judgement at a difficult time for him personally.

Tonight we took back what has been kept from us - by fair means and foul - for 30 years.

When the time is right we'll celebrate this and it's going to be fucking boss.
Well said mate I was mad at him for many years as I blamed him for our fall from grace but Yesterday I forgot all of that and remembered the old Souey uncompromising in the tackle and a legend still

jaffod

Frank 'I'm 'Ard' Lampard. Bet he didn't mind his player stealing 10 yards on the throw-in that led to their 3rd goal.
So in a week we've had the Chelsea manager calling others arrogant and the Abu Dhabi manager saying he has no respect for Arsenal (like he's got respect for anyone), pair of dickheads need lessons in self-awareness.

Wilkored08

TAA shut him up tho.
But Frank...look at the replay...no he didn't scythe Sadio down as expected....but he did clip his ankle...and you are lucky you weren't 2 pens down, cause Mo was held back and in a neck hold ....lucky boy frank...and Frankie boy show some respect, did Jurgen swear at you at anytime...we once told your mentor to sit down....I think you should....(end of rant)...

FGred

But Frank...look at the replay...no he didn't scythe Sadio down as expected....but he did clip his ankle...and you are lucky you weren't 2 pens down, cause Mo was held back and in a neck hold ....lucky boy frank...and Frankie boy show some respect, did Jurgen swear at you at anytime...we once told your mentor to sit down....I think you should....(end of rant)...
What enraged me even more about the Salah incidents was the MOTD commentator adding that Salah was leaning on the defender when he was in front of him and facing down being pushed with the chest and then held and Mariner didnt even bother referring to VAR we should have had 2 penalties.

Wilkored08

What enraged me even more about the Salah incidents was the MOTD commentator adding that Salah was leaning on the defender when he was in front of him and facing down being pushed with the chest and then held and Mariner didnt even bother referring to VAR we should have had 2 penalties.
yep...Mariner had that look on his face...if LFC ask for anything...pens or fouls..just wave play on...I thought the wonder of VAR looked at everything....obviously not...anyway we won and frank the W**k didn't... He's a spoilt little brat who had a tantrum....bwah bwah bwah.

FGred

Frank 'I'm 'Ard' Lampard. Bet he didn't mind his player stealing 10 yards on the throw-in that led to their 3rd goal.
So in a week we've had the Chelsea manager calling others arrogant and the Abu Dhabi manager saying he has no respect for Arsenal (like he's got respect for anyone), pair of dickheads need lessons in self-awareness.
Surely you meant to write I’m Lard Lampard

Sweeting

I still don't get it. In what way is it not a foul? Kovacic tackles from behind, takes the legs and then the ball. It's a clear foul.

Lampard also doesn't seem to realise he is speaking to Liverpool's assistant manager there, he clearly thinks its just some random coach.