Post Match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 22/7/20 8.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [GOAL 37’]

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Gomez

• Van Dijk

• Robertson

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Wijnaldum [GOAL 43’, off 66’]

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Keita [GOAL 22’, off 66’]

Votes: 58 59.8%
  • Salah [off 79’]

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Firmino [GOAL 54’, off 87’]

Votes: 28 28.9%
  • Mane [off 87’]

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Milner [on 66’]

• Jones [on 66’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 79’, GOAL 84’]

• Minamino [on 87’]

• Origi [on 87’]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[email protected]

Well said mate I was mad at him for many years as I blamed him for our fall from grace but Yesterday I forgot all of that and remembered the old Souey uncompromising in the tackle and a legend still
If there is one person that I would like accepted back into the fold it's Souness. He was before my time and yes he fucked it up as the manager and he gave that interview but I've watched and drank up enough of our history to know that he was one of our greatest ever captains and players and a mad bastard to boot. You can see he loves this Club to the core. As a Club and as a fanbase we've put the ghosts of the past to rest finally, I think. He ought to be remembered for the good he did us rather than 'He was a great player, but...'

Flobs

FADA
If there is one person that I would like accepted back into the fold it's Souness. He was before my time and yes he fucked it up as the manager and he gave that interview but I've watched and drank up enough of our history to know that he was one of our greatest ever captains and players and a mad bastard to boot. You can see he loves this Club to the core. As a Club and as a fanbase we've put the ghosts of the past to rest finally, I think. He ought to be remembered for the good he did us rather than 'He was a great player, but...'
I can not think of a Liverpool player who had a song that fitted him like a glove, that's what I will always remember. He was a crap manager because football came so easily to him (of his era) quite the opposite to Klopp for example.

Souness, Souness ....

Limiescouse

Dya see a true Red there?
The soppiness of Souey towards Klopp and this team has been one of my favourite bits of this season. His journey with the club has been all over the place, and it pained me to see what happened to his reputation as a result of his time as manager and what he oversaw. That has to be hard by itself, but to then sit an watch for 30 years it not be right and appreciate that it was until you got in charge has to have weighed on him horribly. I hope this period and this title in particular has helped put some demons to bed for him. And hopefully fans memories of him will now be positively influenced by seeing how much this has meant to him.

Bobby ruined a mad stat tonight but what a fucking goal!
A big part of me would have preferred him to not score, because in years to come it would be a statistical that would be impossible to get your head around.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
I used to idolize him as a boy - for his toughness, and his moustache....

Nur der BvB09

When DREAMS come true!!!
Being part of the Journey has made me feel like winning the FUCKING League was is and always be our own right!!
It felt to me not like a burden we had 30 years to carry with, morethannot that our timing to lift it had to be on a Liverpool way as it always have been and ll be.
We all have gone through some tauch Times BUT we‘ve never ever let the Team down. Because of that the Team has given US all that back and much more.
I have never (at least the last 3 years) had that feeling even in extra Time that we cannot change the result to our favour.
Mentallity MONSTERS this lot are and always be remembered , because they have made it the TRULY LFC way! Records are crumbeld and new one are set only when you do it the LFC way!
Personally being where we are now and I say it without hesitation being as condenders/ defenders/ new- attackers of the League for the coming Season is all I can as a Fan ask and wish for.
I feel blessed having found so many other LCF Fans here which everyone on his right never lacked opinion but never doubt this Team!
TAA is my Player of the Year by a Speedlight Mile!
The best = scourserlike I ve dreamed in a LFC Team to See since the greatest SteveG left.
Mane is second to TAA because he’s a BEAST among humans! Everyone of them I ll keep in my Heart as the best till jet I was blessed with to have live witnessed, play for this MAGNIFICENT Club!
Enjoy life my precious LFC Family Members! YNWA

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
But Frank...look at the replay...no he didn't scythe Sadio down as expected....but he did clip his ankle...and you are lucky you weren't 2 pens down, cause Mo was held back and in a neck hold ....lucky boy frank...and Frankie boy show some respect, did Jurgen swear at you at anytime...we once told your mentor to sit down....I think you should....(end of rant)...
I’ve always found it strange that managers, maybe 30 yards from an incident can see things better than the players and referee, stood a couple of feet away.

iftikhar

Who was that guy wearing glasses posing with the players during the celebrations?

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Souness had presence. He owned the stadium when on the pitch. Was lucky enough to see him in his prime and he was awesome
Souness was one of the best, if not the best midfield player I ever saw play for this club. He had everything and could control the middle of the park by himself. As for his time as manager, I think he gets a raw deal from many fans. People seem to forget he had major heart surgery weeks before an FA cup final, but was still there on the day to take charge. He also tried to change the bad practices within the squad, which many of the senior professionals resisted at the time. This is what did for him, but you can see how much he loves the club despite all that.

jaffod

Souness had presence. He owned the stadium when on the pitch. Was lucky enough to see him in his prime and he was awesome
I have a memory of Souness that backs that up. With the passing of time you sometimes doubt yourself but I'm pretty sure it happened. It was a home game against Leicester a few days after Christmas in 1983, one of those games that had everything. In fact it reminds me a bit of the edge that has crept into our home games against the same opposition over the last few years.
We were struggling, not sure of the score at the time but we were almost certainly losing because we were 2-0 down after 70 minutes. The referee gave a decision at the Kop end and the crowd went ballistic. So did Souness because he picked up a big clump of turf and launched it at the ref just as the ref turned around and looked straight at him! In my minds' eye it landed at his feet rather than hit him but these days it would surely result in a red card. Don't think he even got booked. I think Souness's reputation made all the difference in that incident.
Just checked the archives and it says Souness missed a pen after 87 minutes after we'd fought back to 2-2, that bit has completely gone from my memory.

koptician

We'll go again!
The soppiness of Souey towards Klopp and this team has been one of my favourite bits of this season. His journey with the club has been all over the place, and it pained me to see what happened to his reputation as a result of his time as manager and what he oversaw. That has to be hard by itself, but to then sit an watch for 30 years it not be right and appreciate that it was until you got in charge has to have weighed on him horribly. I hope this period and this title in particular has helped put some demons to bed for him. And hopefully fans memories of him will now be positively influenced by seeing how much this has meant to him.

A big part of me would have preferred him to not score, because in years to come it would be a statistical that would be impossible to get your head around.
Anyone got a link to Souey's comments? Been looking for them can't find them

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
How could I have forgotten to mention Gini in my post?!! He stole the ball from Willian (or forced him to misplace the ball) for Baby to score the scorcher. Then he added to the telly by staying sharp in front of the goal!

My bad!

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Lampard just won’t leave it alone will he? Apparently, according to him, Liverpool have broken some imaginary code called ‘ the touch line code’. This is just priceless! I have never heard of this mystical code he talks about and I doubt anybody else has either.
So, tell me Frank how does this ‘touch line code’ work then? Oh I see, you get to tell everyone within earshot to ’Fuck Off’ or ’Go Fuck Themselves’ and they are not allowed to respond! I get it now, thanks for explaining ‘the code’ to me. I understand why you don’t like those naughty Liverpool coaches, terrible people, how absolutely awful for you!