• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 22/7/20 8.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [GOAL 37’]

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Gomez

• Van Dijk

• Robertson

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Wijnaldum [GOAL 43’, off 66’]

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Keita [GOAL 22’, off 66’]

Votes: 58 59.8%
  • Salah [off 79’]

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Firmino [GOAL 54’, off 87’]

Votes: 28 28.9%
  • Mane [off 87’]

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Milner [on 66’]

• Jones [on 66’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 79’, GOAL 84’]

• Minamino [on 87’]

• Origi [on 87’]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
I am so overwhelmed right now. I am so happy and emotional right. It has been a long day and a so many years.

I am so glad I shared this night with you all and my family in Glasgow who were face timing me.

Take care everyone, see you tomorrow.

SBYM

What the fuck do you want?
Ad-free Member
They just showed YNWA here. I teared up thinking about 30 years and almost moving in with @SBYM

Wont be necessary now. Phew.

But thank you to all of you for having me along for the ride. It’s been my shelter from the storm and an absolute joy.
Like I said elsewhere, the air mattress in the shed is always there for you, whenever you need it.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Same I remember waking up some days and reading a void mention and being down, when the FA ruled it out was one of the best days I had in that period and yeah it’s shite when you consider what is happening but I couldn’t live in any nostalgia being so close to it.

Regardless it’s been 27 years for me, so I kept saying it’s Liverpool nothing we win is easy.
Cancellation was just too devastating to even contemplate at the time. It was tough enough to be kept isolated from family and friends while reading of climbing death rates worldwide. My wife is front line, fear that she would be in danger was a daily worry. Obviously it goes without saying that my heart goes out to those who have lost those close to them during Covid, and to those front line workers who put their lives on the line daily goes our total respect and admiration.
But we needed this, it was vital for millions of fans, for their mental health, for the glimmer of better times ahead, we needed this.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Cancellation was just too devastating to even contemplate at the time. It was tough enough to be kept isolated from family and friends while reading of climbing death rates worldwide. My wife is front line, fear that she would be in danger was a daily worry. Obviously it goes without saying that my heart goes out to those who have lost those close to them during Covid, and to those front line workers who put their lives on the line daily goes our total respect and admiration.
But we needed this, it was vital for millions of fans, for their mental health, for the glimmer of better times ahead, we needed this.
Exactly.

The Flying Pig

I was 14 the first time I saw us crowned champions. The next 26 years saw us champions another 12 times, and I was 40.
It's been a long wait for this one and now I am an old man.
My hope now that we can overtake Man Utd, get to 21 and be back on our perch and that I and Alex Ferguson both live to see it !
( But if we both can't last then Ferguson will have to go.)

pass_and_move

TIA New Signing
Brilliant roller coaster of a game to bring the season to an end, at home anyway. Both sides looking to attack at every opportunity. Every Liverpool goal was class, not a duffer amongst them. But Chelsea made it tough and without the Ox's goal it could have been a different story. Pulisic really made a difference 2nd half. What a player! Somewhat concerned that Chelski will be stronger next year with the existing squad plus a few decent additions, Werner for one. I think a few additions to our own squad may be necessary.