• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 22/7/20 8.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [GOAL 37’]

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Gomez

• Van Dijk

• Robertson

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Wijnaldum [GOAL 43’, off 66’]

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Keita [GOAL 22’, off 66’]

Votes: 58 59.8%
  • Salah [off 79’]

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Firmino [GOAL 54’, off 87’]

Votes: 28 28.9%
  • Mane [off 87’]

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Milner [on 66’]

• Jones [on 66’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 79’, GOAL 84’]

• Minamino [on 87’]

• Origi [on 87’]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LFC4EVR

Anyone spot the guy standing by Mane in the YNWA lineup? Really pale, shiny black hair, dark sunglasses kind of small. He had a bunch of photos with players, no clue who he is. Kind of Shaq in size, didn't seem to be a coach. Can't get a pic to post just wondering if someone else spotted him and can id him.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Anyone spot the guy standing by Mane in the YNWA lineup? Really pale, shiny black hair, dark sunglasses kind of small. He had a bunch of photos with players, no clue who he is. Kind of Shaq in size, didn't seem to be a coach. Can't get a pic to post just wondering if someone else spotted him and can id him.
Vitor Matos maybe, one of the main youth coaches?

FGred

Yes I was going tom query that he must be a mate of the players snuck in a bit naughty I hope they’ve tested him

SBYM

What the fuck do you want?
Ad-free Member
I thought the exact same thing!!!

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Mbappe in a very cunning disguise.

jaffod

Random thoughts....

Never seen a 5-3 in the flesh, starting to doubt I ever will.

Their 3rd goal was a joke, lad who took the throw-in stole about 15 yards. Tyler said fuck all.

Bobby ruined a mad stat tonight but what a fucking goal!

Nice to see the Ox get one.

That Burnley result will continue to haunt me.

There's a lot of Evertonian fume about tonight.

Souness fucking loves this club. A real shame what happened when he was manager, I'll never believe anything he did or said was meant with any malice, just bad judgement at a difficult time for him personally.

Tonight we took back what has been kept from us - by fair means and foul - for 30 years.

When the time is right we'll celebrate this and it's going to be fucking boss.

nikz200

I could talk about the match and how gomez and VVDs positioning was a bit off.

Could talk about how the introduction of Pulisic almost cost us a win today.

Could talk about Minamino and stuff like that.

But i don't think i need to or want to

Because we are Champions of England

And this is the only video that Really matters right now

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Random thoughts....

Never seen a 5-3 in the flesh, starting to doubt I ever will.

Their 3rd goal was a joke, lad who took the throw-in stole about 15 yards. Tyler said fuck all.

Bobby ruined a mad stat tonight but what a fucking goal!

Nice to see the Ox get one.

That Burnley result will continue to haunt me.

There's a lot of Evertonian fume about tonight.

Souness fucking loves this club. A real shame what happened when he was manager, I'll never believe anything he did or said was meant with any malice, just bad judgement at a difficult time for him personally.

Tonight we took back what has been kept from us - by fair means and foul - for 30 years.

When the time is right we'll celebrate this and it's going to be fucking boss.
Burnley might have ruined it but 3 seasons without a league defeat at Anfield. That’s crazy I remember when they used to mention fortress Anfield and get jealous.

Now it’s a reality again.

waldaz

TIA Youth Team
That was great. Given the circumstances, they did a really good job! Also nice to celebrate after a win, but the Hendo shuffle was always gonna be the highlight.

...Now I'm ready for tons of content to hook in my veins.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
That was great. Given the circumstances, they did a really good job! Also nice to celebrate after a win, but the Hendo shuffle was always gonna be the highlight.

...Now I'm ready for tons of content to hook in my veins.
Yeah I was worried about it coming across as corny like the Westham goodbye to Upton Park but this was done in a brilliant way.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
At first, I just want our boys to lift the PL trophy and call it a day. But then, there was a game that could settle someone else's UCL placing, maybe dishing out cold revenge against Chavs from a few years ago? So, we all had to focus on the match against Chavs.

Not sure what to make of the match, and don't feel like posting anything towards the negatives, so I won't.

Anyways, We Are the Champions Of England, 3 more points is the icing on the cake!!!!

Wonderful that it's Booby's 1st home goal being the winning one.

Not sure how to pick 3 players from this match. Too many goods, a few not so great, but heck, I want to pick them all! Here it goes anyway:
1. Keita: What a huge goal to set the tone. Until then, we were not putting our stamp onto the game. Great and strong runs throughout the match. Though, a few passes that placed the receivers under duress. Need to be a bit better on his defensive duties. Baby will only get better.
2. Mane: Danced around the blue shirts all night. Extremely dangerous near or inside the box. He also linked up to Robbo for the final goal pass.
3. Bobby: Have to be one of the picks for not only having the monkey off his back, but a powerful header as the winning goal, his first goal at home for the last home game in 2019/2020.

Big shout out to so many players: Robbo beast of a run for the last goal to Ox. Salah threatened the blue half of the pitch. TAA free kick and the fabulous cross to Bobby's header.

One more match to go!

Last edited:

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
If I’m going criticise it was rather lazy defending again, however our attacked ripped them apart, 8 or 9-3 would not have flattered us. If we had finished as clinical against Burnley and Arsenal then we would have another 5pts but it’s good to see. Odd thing is Kepa wasn’t actually to blame for 4 of them and the 5 was well hit. It reminded me of the game against Arsenal on the first day of Klopp’s first full season.

Very old style Klopp but enjoyable for the most part and glad they got it, wouldn’t have soured the presentation but would have annoyed me after I made two quite defensive posts on how good I thought we were this week. Considering all the smoke blown up other teams in the last 5 we only lie 3pts behind Spurs who top the form table, 2 behind City and one behind Utd.

Considering we were playing a team who need to still wrap up the CL football it was good.

Last edited: