Post Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace (EPL 19/1/19 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Milner [red 89’]

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Matip

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Robertson

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • Henderson

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Fabinho [off 87’]

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Keita [off 70’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Salah [GOAL 46’, 74’, off 90+4’]

Votes: 84 48.8%
  • Mane [GOAL 90+3’]

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Firmino [GOAL 52’]

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Shaqiri [on 70’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lallana [on 87’]

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
C

Caradoc

Hodgson .........

We showed a lot of composure and created opportunities at will. There's been so many games this season where we've taken encouragement and we've played better than the result has shown. That disappoints me more than anything.”

Possession: 29%
Shots: 9
Shots on goal: 3

God the man talks utter bollox .............. ! :rolleyes:

lol

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
What bugs me is Jonathan Moss is getting paid 100,000 grand a year and he can’t be bothered to lose maybe a stone and a half to at least look the part .
I am quite sure they had to go through some physical exam every now and then throughout the season. I remembered there’s a video showing how Carragher and Neville were in the referee camp trying their hands on officiating. These two looked fit still and yet they left panting, grasping for air after the physical.

I agree that the referees standard are very questionable, but I won’t go saying they are unfit bunch. They for sure won’t be able to keep up with the players. Let’s also not forget players don’t run up and down the pitch consistently throughout the entire match. They utilise the ball by passing them around. The referee doesn’t pass their whistle from defensive end to midfield and to forward.

Incognito

The Normal One
Hodgson .........

We showed a lot of composure and created opportunities at will. There's been so many games this season where we've taken encouragement and we've played better than the result has shown. That disappoints me more than anything.”

lol
Hey! Now maybe Woy was willing to create only the above stated chances in the game right? lol

jredp

another valuable 3 points
lads need to keep looking forward and up and also take it one game at a time. Really hope our injured lads recover sooner than soon because we need all hands on deck for all the on-coming games.
I really look forward to Firminho's creative goal celebrations.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Hodgson .........

lol
Give the guy a break. He's still doing his bit for LFC, winning against City, and throwing the game against us. Must have been a great half time talk from him.
"Listen Spewoawni. I want you to fwap at the baw and wet a goaw in and hewp my oawd cwew wiverpoow"

Doesn't he also have a shit record at Anfield? Yeah nah. I'm going to weave the oawd ow awone.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Great game... We obviously suffer from the loss of Lovren, TAA, Gomez and Wini. We werent as good in defence today, and yet the team kept gonig and got the victory !! thats impressive. You have to give credit to Palace for being able to exploit our defence, I dont think many non top six teams will challenge us as hard as that on the counter.

This season reminds me of when Leicester won the league. Every one waiting for them to fall, but they ticked every box and eventually won the league. We are having a fantastic season and even though Im an optimist they have surprised me Go back 5 or 10 years and we would be clear favourites to win the league, but Man City and their millions mean we have to get more points that the last ten times we actually won the league !

Thank god Moreno wasnt playing !
I agree about the part of us ticking all boxes until now, but comparisons with Leicester aren't really on the money for me. Leicester won the league with 81 points. Let that sink in: we are in mid-January, and are on sixty points already. What Leicested did at the time was great, but they benefitted from all top teams imploding spectacularly, otherwise, they wouldn't have made it. They lost their fair share of games too, and in a normal year, would have qualified for a top four place, but not won the title.

We on the other hand have hit near-perfection throughout the season until now, apart from the loss against the blue mancs. And we have needed to, because gargantuan teams are right behind us, winning almost every game, which forces us and likely will force us until the end to be relentlessly perfect.

Make no mistakes, mate: if we win the league this season, we'll have won the hardest league race ever witnessed, at least since many decades. Still a long way to go.

Libero

Not much said of Henderson who I thought was one of our best. Looked good alongside Fabinho and consistently won the ball back, I lost track of the amount of times he recovered it. Really good game from him. A couple of misplaced passes but overall a good game.

I’d say that was the first time this season we looked stretched and uncomfortable, not as solid as we have been, whether that was down to Milner playing RB, Matip only coming back or the abscence of Gini I don’t know. We got caught way too many times for my liking but we beat the palace voodoo and got 3 points so it was good to see the resilience of the team shine through when our defence (collective) had an off day.

On we go.

RodM

I've finally watched the game on MotD. It was probably more enjoyable to watch knowing what the result was but it looked like a really decent game - at least the second half.

I've actually voted for Milner as MotM even though Zaha ran him ragged and he was sent off. The third goal was down to an inspired cross from him (even if the keeper did fumble it) and his attacking play looked good. He isn't a right back but he did a job and made a difference. Is that fair or was the MotD editing flattering to him?

Also - if Mo had dived in the first half, why would he have tried to play the ball afterwards? He fell over but he was still trying to protect and control the ball. If he was diving for a penalty he would have gone down like he had been riddled by machine gun fire. As it was, they played on and no card was given for simulation - credit to the ref for that one, at least.

Commando

Come on, Maria, tell us how you really feel!:shocked:
I don't think it is fit for anyone's earslol and I'm don't want to shock myself. I think I will leave the expert swearing to you guys, you're all kind of cool when using colourful words. I also don't want tarnish my good image in front of the kidslol;-)
Well done @Maria. It was very discreet of you not to mention @Scott Jones by name.

Give the guy a break. He's still doing his bit for LFC, winning against City, and throwing the game against us. Must have been a great half time talk from him.
"Listen Spewoawni. I want you to fwap at the baw and wet a goaw in and hewp my oawd cwew wiverpoow"

Doesn't he also have a shit record at Anfield? Yeah nah. I'm going to weave the oawd ow awone.
I wish that I could give this more than one like.

It's all looking very good, especially as we have a more favourable run of games coming up. Saturday was a bit of a mess but we persevered and won the game, if we only win 1-0 in the rest of our games I don't think anyone will be complaining!
I don't know what is worse. 1-0 or a 4-3 like Saturday.

Red Eyes

What bugs me is Jonathan Moss is getting paid 100,000 grand a year and he can’t be bothered to lose maybe a stone and a half to at least look the part .

I can’t understand why Jon Moss decided to leave Culture Club in the first place, he was a decent drummer in his time and it kept his weight down.

Maybe the cash dried up and decided to settle for a steady £100k per year.

Maybe he always had an inner desire to shaft Liverpool FC rather than Boy George.

Flobs

FADA
Hodgson .........

lol
He sleeps through matches waking up frequently to rub his eyes. This is hard evidence that he is in a dream state. He thought CP had won 3-10 before his asistant gave him a reality check.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
From Klopp's point of view, that is not a bad game to take into a break - almost like a loss where we get the points anyway. Good for building the confidence needed to grind out tough results down the stretch, while at the same time offering clear lessons about complacency and focus. Leicester will be another tough match to focus preparations on.

Wilkored08

So Clattenburg is having a say on Salah....describing how people fall with arms forward, not above the head....but I thought on Saturday he was pulled backwards...also these bods want to look at the game 2/3 weeks ago, when Mo was kicked and ankle tapped 3 times and stayed on his feet..."Have a pop at us time" I think....Mo might not go near the 6 yard box in the near future...What's the matter , don't these people want LFC to challenge for the PL....

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Watched the game again last night and me and the Missus focused on Hendo. We counted 49 forward passes and very few sideways or backwards passes. Nearly every time he received the ball he got his head up and looked forward. He is a really underated part of our team, anyone knowledgeable about footy would understand his importance and wouldn't be slating him the way some people do, thought he was one of our best players.

Milner and Robertson were excellent aswell. Thought Matip was decent to.The Tomkins goal should never have stood.Ayew has his arms wrapped right round Virgil. No worries, justice was done in the end.