POST MATCH: Liverpool v Everton (EPL 2/12/18 4.15pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • Alexander Arnold

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Gomez

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Robertson

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Shaqiri [off 71’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firmino [off 84’]

• Mane

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Salah [off 75’]

• Keita [on 71’]

• Sturridge [on 75’]

• Origi [on 84’, GOAL 90+5’]

Votes: 78 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commando

I think he initially intended to catch it, then changed his mind mid-jump and wanted to push it over the bar, then his left hand hits the bar instead of the ball and he makes a complete mess of it.
That’s how I saw it. Like he thought I can catch this, then it dawned on him that he only has little arms.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool manager charged with misconduct for derby celebration

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46431656

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has been charged by the Football Association with misconduct for running on to the pitch after his side's 96th-minute winner against Everton at Anfield.

Klopp ran on to hug goalkeeper Alisson after Divock Origi's bizarre goal in Sunday's Merseyside derby.

Liverpool won 1-0 to move two points behind Premier League leaders Manchester City.

Klopp, who later apologised, has until 18:00 GMT on Thursday to respond.

Wilkored08

Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool manager charged with misconduct for derby celebration

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46431656

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has been charged by the Football Association with misconduct for running on to the pitch after his side's 96th-minute winner against Everton at Anfield.

Klopp ran on to hug goalkeeper Alisson after Divock Origi's bizarre goal in Sunday's Merseyside derby.

Liverpool won 1-0 to move two points behind Premier League leaders Manchester City.

Klopp, who later apologised, has until 18:00 GMT on Thursday to respond.
JK....just tell them whatever they fine you must go to the foodbank at LFC....

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Last night, as I was taking a massive Everton and thinking about things - as is my way - I pondered "Does it piss off an Evertonian more to just show up and be pasted 3 or 4 nil as we've done in recent years, or to lose to a last minute goal like that?" A nip over the internet park to NSNO confirmed it is the latter.

It is most CERTAINLY the latter.

Sometimes I really hate being an Everton fan. We always manage to fuck it up
am fucking done with this shit, all that good work in the match and we hand them the 3 points in the last second that was as bad as reina putting it on johnsons head
No justice in football, we played the better football, no worse way to lose a game.
Oh my god. Imagine if that wins them the league.
It's worse being good and losing like that, worse than a 4 nil pumping
that was absolutely the worst kick in the balls I have ever experienced
Cant rip them anymore about having the second best goalkeeper in merseyside either. This is the worst thing to have happened. They would have been out the title picture otherwise. Turned it off thinking 0-0. Just absolutely torn to bits here.
Last time I cried watching a game was the 95 FA Cup Final. My eyes are watering heavily now. What a kick in the balls!!!!!
gonna need at least a few weeks completely away from football
Im certain as long as these are a football team I will never be happy being an Evertonian.
Can hardly fucking move here. Every aspect of how we lost is just the worst thing ever. Fuck off.
Just standard and sadly why going into the game I'll never think we'll win this fixture until we've basically proven otherwise.
I don't know how you recover from that. Nothing we do this season will feel right. I just now officially cant be arsed with the season. Just gonna have to watch them push city because that type of win is what champions win like. Just fucking disgusting.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Last night, as I was taking a massive Everton and thinking about things - as is my way - I pondered "Does it piss off an Evertonian more to just show up and be pasted 3 or 4 nil as we've done in recent years, or to lose to a last minute goal like that?" A nip over the internet park to NSNO confirmed it is the latter.

It is most CERTAINLY the latter.
Deffos.

The blue in our office, who is usually quick to chat football (esp when we do poorly), has not even made eye contact with me today. I personally have risen above making any comments as I don't wanna that smug prick. I suspect we will have the chat about it later in the week, probably after the midweek fixtures. But, when we've spanked them he always has that chat - not today.

Fergie did the very same thing at Mold Ratford some years ago and I am sure the FA did nothing. Could it be down to less than sixty seconds? Fergie's game had just ended whereas ours still had seconds to go before the final whistle. Anyway, who gives a toss, football is a game of emotions and it was great to see Jurgen's joy at the last gasp goal being scored. We remain on Citeh's tail with that result.

sms1986

@[B]_pauljoyce[/B]

Jurgen Klopp has been charged with misconduct by the FA following his celebrations on the pitch against Everton. He is likely to accept the charge, which would result in a fine and a warning as to his future conduct.

He'll not be bothered by this, luckily I think this is his first charge from the FA so they'll likely be lenient if he's found guilty/accepts the charge.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Yeah, he'll get a fine and a slap on the wrist. And I imagine the club will cover the fine.

All the talk of "If Mourinho behaved like this at Anfield he'd be slaughtered..." I seem to remember him running the length of the touchline to celebrate with the away end when Gerrard slipped and Ba scored.

hoosierred

They created one chance in open play, the header from Gomes. Mina had a chance from a set-piece that looked marginally offside.

Mane had 2 one on ones, Shaqiri had a one on one and Origi hit the bar. We shaded it on chances, as we did with possession, corners etc.
Not to mention Robertson's cross between Pickford and their back line that was a foot out of both Mane and Firmino(?)'s reach. And a pretty fair penalty shout for hand ball that was ignored.

We controlled the game more and more as it went on, created a number of good chances and only gave up a couple opportunities on the counter.

Alright Now

I think some people are mistaking a surprisingly good Everton performance with them being the better side, that was very evidently not the case. The better team won.
Agreeance. I was in the camp that had it as an even match until I watched it again last night. I now think we deserved the 3 points. I also think we showed many facets of our maturity now, including heavy metal in the beginning and then a controlled effort when space began opening up in the midfield right before the end of the first half.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
I think some people are mistaking a surprisingly good Everton performance with them being the better side, that was very evidently not the case. The better team won.

Agreed. I also think if Gomes gets injured, they’re going to struggle. He’s crucial to them this season. He does seem to pick up muscle injuries along the way.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Yeah, he'll get a fine and a slap on the wrist. And I imagine the club will cover the fine.

All the talk of "If Mourinho behaved like this at Anfield he'd be slaughtered..." I seem to remember him running the length of the touchline to celebrate with the away end when Gerrard slipped and Ba scored.
I'd rather Klopp celebrated on the pitch than smashing up some inanimate bottles like a petty thug.

Neukolln

Classy from Pep (sorry if already been posted):

“There are a lot of emotions in that moment. I did it against Southampton (last season). I was not happy to do it but sometimes it is what it is. Things happen in your mind and your heart. When you win, people say it is your personality. When you lose, people say it is disrespectful.”

Sweeting

Just listening to the Totally Football Show and they have just gone with the old "Everton deserved to win... Everton were the better team".

As you say, I think it is more an opinion borne from surprise at how they approached the fixture - rather than an actual fact since we were superior in every statistical category.

Oh, they also said Everton had "the best chance of the game" despite the fact we won through a 0.5 yard header into an empty goal!

Last edited:

Red Ted

maybe that win will kick start our relatively poor start to the season...... HA !!!! Im only joking !!! the Klopp train rolls on ! 2nd in the table, Unbeaten in the league, best goals against in the league (defences win titles), 14 ts clear of Manu, 6 clear of Spurs !

Richarlison - BANG !!! welcome to the premier son !!!! what a diva diver ! give him an academy award ! Cant wait to see him against Burnley or Huddesfield !! It really is a disease sweeping football. These play actors should really be punished harder !
He likes a sly old headbutt doesn't he? He's already been sent off for one this season and done it to Gomez yesterday, I wonder if VAR would've had that one as a sending off?

Players should really clock onto this and wind him up especially next season with VAR around.

Red Eyes

I'd rather Klopp celebrated on the pitch than smashing up some inanimate bottles like a petty thug.
That celebration was the most spontaneous, uncontrollable, joyous, surprise, random celebration Ive seen, since Adebayour ran the length of the pitch and slid towards the clock end morons at Arsenal.

It's like JK was possessed,and the goal exorcised some of the Real Madrid demons.

I'd love to see if he could run that far, that fast under normal conditions

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Smaller teams do tend to raise their game when playing the league elite. You see it quite frequently in FA cup matches; the minows make a fist of it in the first half, but ultimately class tells and they lose.

And this was the blueshite's cup final.

FGred

It’s the old media playbook. They loved on us all last season for our offense. They build you up, so they can then try to tear you down.
The most embarrassing reaction to Klopps spontaneous celebrations was Mills one calling him disgraceful maybe a bit of sour grapes as we have kept up with Shitty didn’t he play for them?

Red Eyes

Daily Mail

• Tottenham have entered Premier League's history books with unwanted record
  • Spurs became the club that has let in the most goals in the top flight with 1,282
  • Mauricio Pochettino's side are one goal ahead of Everton following 4-2 defeat

Maybe Everton could win something after all ?