POST MATCH: Liverpool v Everton (EPL 2/12/18 4.15pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • Alexander Arnold

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Gomez

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Robertson

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Shaqiri [off 71’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firmino [off 84’]

• Mane

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Salah [off 75’]

• Keita [on 71’]

• Sturridge [on 75’]

• Origi [on 84’, GOAL 90+5’]

Votes: 78 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arminius

FSG PR plant
This is actually an interesting photo! He cant see the ball, the crossbar is in the way, so all he can go by is touch, and boy, what a perfect touch.
But it crystallizes what a heroically stupid play that really was. The ball was going out of play. His hands were in place to prevent it from going in, if he was somewhat concerned that would bounce back in, he could have just touched the ball to ensure it was shepherded out. It took real effort to prevent it from going out of play, while not getting enough on it to bounce it away.

Clive

But it crystallizes what a heroically stupid play that really was. The ball was going out of play. His hands were in place to prevent it from going in, if he was somewhat concerned that would bounce back in, he could have just touched the ball to ensure it was shepherded out. It took real effort to prevent it from going out of play, while not getting enough on it to bounce it away.
Don't over analyse it - his arms are too short, this captures it perfectly!

nobluff

TIA Reserve Team
Typically speaking, I'm not a huge fan of stupidity.

jredp

we won the 232nd derby, they lost, and it's now history
but, it will probably be remembered for "what happened next" question in some quiz sometime. I would like to hear the potential answers whenever it shows on TV........ should make for a great laugh!

jredp

a la danny mills
(I read and copied the following from the Liverpool Echo website) {apologise if it's wrong to do such things}

Absolutely shocking is getting sent off seven times in your career like Mills – from recklessly kicking out at Craig Bellamy to uttering obscenities at match officials.
Absolutely shocking is admitting that you purposely stayed down in order to get Ronaldinho sent off in the 2002 World Cup quarter-final like Mills did.

he should be arrested for assault, abusing behavior and conning match officials. All our gaffer did was show emotion that us fans feel when our team wins.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
20 years without a win at Anfield in the league - that's a long time. I was 15! Think that was the time when Kevin Campbell was about scoring?! lol

Noo Noo

a la danny mills
(I read and copied the following from the Liverpool Echo website) {apologise if it's wrong to do such things}

Absolutely shocking is getting sent off seven times in your career like Mills – from recklessly kicking out at Craig Bellamy to uttering obscenities at match officials.
Absolutely shocking is admitting that you purposely stayed down in order to get Ronaldinho sent off in the 2002 World Cup quarter-final like Mills did.

he should be arrested for assault, abusing behavior and conning match officials. All our gaffer did was show emotion that us fans feel when our team wins.
Pot and kettle springs to mind does't it?

sms1986

20 years without a win at Anfield in the league - that's a long time. I was 15! Think that was the time when Kevin Campbell was about scoring?! lol
@[B]CubeGoal[/B]
Since Everton last won at Anfield, Blackpool have risen from the 4th tier to the EPL, won at Anfield, and fallen back to the 4th tier again

Even the mighty Blackpool have managed it!lol

sms1986

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46431656

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has accepted a charge of misconduct for running on to the pitch after his side's 96th-minute winner against Everton at Anfield.
Klopp ran on to hug goalkeeper Alisson after Divock Origi's bizarre goal in Sunday's Merseyside derby.

He will receive a fine of about £8,000 from the Football Association and has been warned about his future behaviour.
Klopp, who had already apologised, had until 18:00 GMT on Thursday to respond.
As has already been said, worth it!

Arminius

FSG PR plant
He more or less accepted the charge in the post-game interview, so not much news in the end. Open bar at the FA Christmas Party on Klopp, I suppose. Feature drink will be Danny Mill's favourite, the Bitter Rage

1½ oz tequila
½ oz Campari
¾ oz fresh lime juice
¼ tsp minced ginger
½ oz agave nectar
1 slice lime, for garnish

hat tip to Mad Men

LeoT

Its now Tuesday, and I'm still randomly bursting out with laughter when i think about Pickford's blunder.

If it happened in the 22nd minute or something it would be quite funny, or if it was already 1:0 or something it would still be quite funny.

But to see that blunder,
...at 0:0,
...in the 95th minute,
....when only 4 minutes were held up on the stoppage time board,
...in the derby
...to a keeper who has criticized our keeper in the past.

Now that takes funny to a whole new level :-)

Beautiful Schadenfroh!!!!