POST MATCH: Liverpool v Fulham (EPL 11/11/18 12pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold

• Gomez

• Van Dijk

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Robertson

Votes: 65 45.1%
  • Fabinho [off 90+2’]

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Wijnaldum [off 68’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shaqiri [GOAL 53’, off 81’]

Votes: 62 43.1%
  • Salah [GOAL 40’]

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Firmino

• Mane

• Henderson [on 68’]

• Milner [on 81’]

• Keita [on 90+2’]

• Total voters

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Sweeting

Literally only saw the last 10 minutes but very happy to see us making light work of home games. Barely even a contest from what I saw.

Redsi73

2-0 no drama, no frills, clean sheet, job done i guess

Frustrating at times with our what seems like slow play, but it is what it is.

My MOTM goes to Robertson as he looked willing the whole game, and that sweet pass for Shaqs goal was very good.

Red Ted

Will take it, it's weird though, 9-3-0 & there's a bit of frustration/concern there about our performances, that first half we would've been punished by a decent team.

Robertson MOM quite easily.

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
The officiating broke our way today. They got the offsides call right at our end. Curious how the NBC feed didn't analyze the Salah goal. That one looked like it might also have been tight. Also, Alisson restarts from a rolling football, I think.

Fulham kept their heads up. Not time to fire Jokanović on that evidence.

phil smith

A mediocre display against probability the worst team in the league. Slightly better second half once Henderson replaced Wijnaldum who has been very poor these last two games after having a good start to the season. Bobby and Mane are still struggling to find their form. Thought Shaquiri looked great all through the game with a great finish which he made look easy. Give Robbo MOM just ahead of Shaquiri. Another three points onwards and upwards.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
Shaqiri should have a new middle name called , "cushion" due to his effort to always let us have a two goal cushion. Robbo was in good form too with his crosses and passes.

The downsides is that probably the best tweak to this formation would be for Salah to return to his RW position, Shaq to take CAM and Firmino to lead the line. We would also want to find a capable understudy to Mane who has been very inconsistent.

Three points in the bag..clean sheet....thats good news.
Down sides?... not exactly the response i expected after poor Red star game ....and against bottom of the league ...
Mane ??? massive question mark...
still we cant play our trademark high press game... slowest build up from the back i have seen since last year....
Firiminho way below his usual high standards still....
We still need a creative midfielder , a forward passer of Coutinho's calibre..
this has worked today against bottom of the league ... Still huge amount of work required to face the likes of Napoli /PSG/ or even to match the likes of Chelsea or Man city .. sorry Lads

Alright Now

The officiating broke our way today. They got the offsides call right at our end. Curious how the NBC feed didn't analyze the Salah goal. That one looked like it might also have been tight. Also, Alisson restarts from a rolling football, I think.

Fulham kept their heads up. Not time to fire Jokanović on that evidence.
Funny. I thought Mo might have been offside too. I was more concerned about that than the other.

A solid yet pedestrian performance.
Only Shaquiri offers the movement a midfield needs. Shaquiri MOTM with a mention for Robertson. Much better from Fabinho though you can see he isn't familiar with our very cautious approach.

Not much to say about that match except good points win.

Werder4life

In the end an at least half decent match - we been kind of riding our luck in the first somewhat. Far from a convincing performance offensively - done mostly ok defensively - but given the opposition not realy a champion's display.
I was very relieved with Mo's opener being given , because there were 5 things in it for the referee to whistle it off.

The bottom line is - the expected 3 points in the back , not very exiting , but that doesn't count in the end.
I hope all that kind of shaky performances going well in the end help the lads to glue some more in different setups.

My Motm is Robbo again - by a distance. He's the guy with that kind of unbreakable spirit that get's him going through every kind of mental or physical barrier. With that attitude he has been truely the driver of things again. Mo , Gomez , Shaq and Fab get very good ratings as well. Virgil and Allisson most solid again.
Gini , Trent and Sadio had pretty poor performances today... somehow disjointed from what was going on - but still with a more than decent workrate.
I feel that is one of the matches that would have backfired last year - going in confident to win and then falling flat on our face.

Mane ??? massive question mark...
Do elaborate!
After Shaquiri surely our best attacking player this season, no? (on top of that he puts in a shift that is making Firmino blush at the moment).

kwala

TIA Regular
Everton and United to do us a favour today? lol lol lol. No fucking chance!

We were pedestrian again. Not moving the ball quick enough to stretch teams. 3 points at a canter, but had a chance 2nd half to start playing, but we were happy just to see it out.

Shaqiri or Robertson mom, opted for Robbo. The guy is just relentless.