POST MATCH: Liverpool v Fulham (EPL 11/11/18 12pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold

• Gomez

• Van Dijk

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Robertson

Votes: 65 45.1%
  • Fabinho [off 90+2’]

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Wijnaldum [off 68’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shaqiri [GOAL 53’, off 81’]

Votes: 62 43.1%
  • Salah [GOAL 40’]

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Firmino

• Mane

• Henderson [on 68’]

• Milner [on 81’]

• Keita [on 90+2’]

• Total voters

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
What was going on on the field didn't do anything to prevent them nodding off did it?
A few applied passes might do the trick, who knows?
Seems to be becoming a pattern recently. This was the game that took us top of the league and it sounded more like a village cricket match, long periods of silence interspersed with the odd smattering of applause. I know an early kick off on Remembrance Sunday is not the same as a big European night under the floodlights but today was truly dire. Can’t do much to lift the players. I think it might be our undoing if we are not careful. There once was a time when you could argue the Kop added 6 - 9 points a season. Not anymore.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Well I enjoyed it. Maybe I am just easily pleased. Needed a third goal to make it a more realistic scoreline. Atmosphere was flat but predictably so given the kick off time and the opposition weren't really considered a threat. I thought they'd have chances though. They play some nice stuff. Just can't defend. When Shaqiri plays it leaves us a bit more open and they exploited the space down TAA's side in the first half.

I've not seen the goals back yet but I thought Salah had gone too early and may have been offside. He finished it well and I think he's the one forward who is not far off the level of last season. He is playing really well now. Shaqiri and him are on the same wavelength and there are real signs of promise. The great thing about Xherdan is he gets his head up and looks forward. Not enough players in the team doing that at the moment. Mane still maddening and Bobby had some nice touches but his movement was a bit laboured. Fabinho did OK. If he had half a yard more pace he would be ideal for us but he is at least proactive in possession and tries to go forward. I was disappointed that I only got to see another 90 seconds of Keita. Surely he has to be trusted soon.

It's a weird season. Everything feels a bit flat but there's no real reason why it should unless some perspective has been lost somewhere along the way. 30 points from 12 games with just 5 goals conceded is an impressive start.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Maybe because we haven't looked convincing. There may be a fear of the wheels coming off.
The other factor is that right now, that match in Manchester looks like a must-win for the title - and even then there is a serious GD to make up. Unfortunately the measuring stick for success in this season is a daunting one.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Well I enjoyed it. Maybe I am just easily pleased. Needed a third goal to make it a more realistic scoreline. Atmosphere was flat but predictably so given the kick off time and the opposition weren't really considered a threat. I thought they'd have chances though. They play some nice stuff. Just can't defend. When Shaqiri plays it leaves us a bit more open and they exploited the space down TAA's side in the first half.

I've not seen the goals back yet but I thought Salah had gone too early and may have been offside. He finished it well and I think he's the one forward who is not far off the level of last season. He is playing really well now. Shaqiri and him are on the same wavelength and there are real signs of promise. The great thing about Xherdan is he gets his head up and looks forward. Not enough players in the team doing that at the moment. Mane still maddening and Bobby had some nice touches but his movement was a bit laboured. Fabinho did OK. If he had half a yard more pace he would be ideal for us but he is at least proactive in possession and tries to go forward. I was disappointed that I only got to see another 90 seconds of Keita. Surely he has to be trusted soon.

It's a weird season. Everything feels a bit flat but there's no real reason why it should unless some perspective has been lost somewhere along the way. 30 points from 12 games with just 5 goals conceded is an impressive start.
I was looking out for you but couldn't see you. My block was very quiet. Me and my son were the only ones using our voices, or so it seemed. Just can't get into these early kick offs. Ban them I say, ban them.

I don't quite understand why there is so much being made of our change in style and lack of attacking prowess (when compared to last season). Klopp has already said that the team has evolved and tactics have changed. We are much harder to beat, we don't let in many goals any more and even shots on target.... and that is at the expense of some more goals etc. But this is one of our best ever league starts, and we all know that we have more to come.

We've only been behind in 1 league game this season so far, and managed to get the equaliser for that one through Studge - apart from that, we have NEVER been behind this season in the league - that too may be a factor in our style of play. We are not having to go Gung Ho all out attack attack attack.

I say relax, we are doing well - making progress. Our defence is becoming formidable, and once Hendo and Keita get back in the groove, and Shaq starts getting a proper defined role, this team will kick on. Klopp's teams always do.

johnoleary

ive seen a few posts saying they dont understand why people are so downbeat at the moment with our position in the league and points tally,well in my opinion its quite obvious,for a lot of last season we played some quite amazing football,in fact in my 45 years of supporting us its the best attacking play ive seen,it literally took my breath away.Now i dont disagree with anyone who says the points and results arent important,of course they are,but judging by 90% of posts on here people agree with me.
Basically this year our football has been crap,yes we have tightened up our defence and our squad has improved,but the players are so out of form in midfield and attack,the main problem is sloppy passing,mane isnt in great form,although he had a good spell,firmino just isn't playing at all,salahs problem seems to be that they are doubling up on him sometimes trebling,but as someone else said that should leave more space for other players,but its just not happening.we have lacked quality in midfield i think although the inclusion of shaquiri seems to have helped.
But overall after watching last season we are just so slow and predictable crikey ive even nearly fallen asleep in a couple of games no wonder the fans are quiet.
I really hope we can regain some attacking flair,i know you need a balance but i feel although not perfect our defence is so much better now.

johnoleary

I was looking out for you but couldn't see you. My block was very quiet. Me and my son were the only ones using our voices, or so it seemed. Just can't get into these early kick offs. Ban them I say, ban them.

I don't quite understand why there is so much being made of our change in style and lack of attacking prowess (when compared to last season). Klopp has already said that the team has evolved and tactics have changed. We are much harder to beat, we don't let in many goals any more and even shots on target.... and that is at the expense of some more goals etc. But this is one of our best ever league starts, and we all know that we have more to come.

We've only been behind in 1 league game this season so far, and managed to get the equaliser for that one through Studge - apart from that, we have NEVER been behind this season in the league - that too may be a factor in our style of play. We are not having to go Gung Ho all out attack attack attack.

I say relax, we are doing well - making progress. Our defence is becoming formidable, and once Hendo and Keita get back in the groove, and Shaq starts getting a proper defined role, this team will kick on. Klopp's teams always do.
The thing is its not just a case of not getting as many goals,our general play is slow,sloppy,and generally sideways,in fact salahs goal today was more like the old liverpool,yes as you say we are in a great position,but i really dont know how,ive seen every game this season and i don think we have hit top gear in any.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Midday or shit opposition, all poor excuses for an atmosphere like that, bloody terrible. You wouldn't say it's a place that wants a title fight this season. I actually like it when Klopp indirectly questions/challenges our fans before home games like these. He mentions it all the time in his pressers, you can feel he's disappointed with it. I know that is a different problem to solve, but it's sad. Fans also play a part and have little responsibility. No, that's a wrong word, it should be a joy to give our little part and influence every game, not only away fans, big/European games. We're not favourites in this league and have this magical reputation, we need to show it more often. It's like the positivity around the club makes us spoiled and we decide to wait for our "magical front 3" to click before signing a song.

On the game...

So-so in the first half, quite better in the second. Still don't like us that much when we play with 2 midfielders and I expect us to go back to 4-3-3 when we get more midfielders up and firing to rotate them. It can work sometimes in smaller games, though it's still not fluid. Robbo, Shaq and Mo were my top 3 today. We had a bit of problems with Fulham getting up the field down the left or through Mitrovic, Gomez and Virgil at times struggled to decide who would go to challenge him in the air. At times our creativity was good, at times our build up and ball circulation was slow and predictable, so in those cases we rushed too much with our final ball. Some lovely chipped passes, long balls to our full backs and that brilliant, potential goal of the season move with a number of players involved in a 1/2 touch action, shame the goalkeeper blocked Salah.

Bobby is asked to play deeper lately, helping our 2 midfielders. Tries as usual, but not great yes. Will be interesting to see if we go 4-3-3 in the next game, if Klopp is willing to maybe drop him for a game to allow Shaqiri, Salah and Mane up top. I doubt it. Shaqiri is showing promising signs, but still not convinced he'd start tomorrow in a final with currently almost all players available. They tried to block that zone today with Chambers as the left sided 8, he also should've got a red card for that disgusting two-footed tackle on Salah.

We got a reaction and a nice, clean win. Expected a better performance, but I'll take this as well. Hopefully people like Hendo and Keita pick up some match fitness and form soon, we need them, especially the latter.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Maybe because we haven't looked convincing. There may be a fear of the wheels coming off.
There's a difference between expressing legitimate concerns about aspects of our play and refusing to give the team and JK any credit (not saying you're the latter by the way). It's becoming a bit demoralising. There's an air of flatness about everything. It reminds me of 2008/09. Spookily so. If the wheels come off, they come off. Maybe our 'Middlesbrough' moment is just around the corner. Maybe it's not.

Klopp got it right the other day when he said that this season will only be considered a success if we're champions. That's not really a realistic level of expectation when you think of what we're up against. Personally I had no expectations of us winning the league this season and doubted we'd even challenge. Short of creative and attacking options and expecting Salah and co to replicate what they did last season was unrealistic. None the less we're making a better fist of keeping up with City than we did last season, even though apparently we were so much better back then.

I was looking out for you but couldn't see you..
I was in CE 4 directly above you. Hope you had your hood up when Salah scored because my Bovril went flying.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Basically this year our football has been crap.
So would you swap where we are now, for where our breathtaking football had us at this point last season?

It clicked for me today. I’ve thought for a while that Klopp has the team set up differently. That he is sacrificing attacking flair for defensive solidity.

But seeing what Fulham did today, and reflecting back on previous games, I think the difference is in the opposition.

Fulham has no interest in anything other than getting out with the score as respectable as possible. Maybe nick something on a set piece, but just get out.

At 1-0 they had no intention of opening up and trying to get something from the game. At 2-0 they had no intention of opening up and trying to get something from the game.

You have to be allowed to play that fast attacking football of last year. The big difference, I think, is that last year teams were a bit more open in how they played. We were the kind of time it was worth being a bit more attacking towards because we might crack and let in a soft one (or three).

But now we are not getting that space. It’s contantly 10 behind the hall whether we are 0-0 or three up.

Times have changed. We need to get used to it.

Show me the Mane

^ yes agree, I think last year teams thought are defence was to be got at and left too much space for us. Same as when teams underestimated Leicester the year they won PL

johnoleary

So would you swap where we are now, for where our breathtaking football had us at this point last season?

It clicked for me today. I’ve thought for a while that Klopp has the team set up differently. That he is sacrificing attacking flair for defensive solidity.

But seeing what Fulham did today, and reflecting back on previous games, I think the difference is in the opposition.

Fulham has no interest in anything other than getting out with the score as respectable as possible. Maybe nick something on a set piece, but just get out.

At 1-0 they had no intention of opening up and trying to get something from the game. At 2-0 they had no intention of opening up and trying to get something from the game.

You have to be allowed to play that fast attacking football of last year. The big difference, I think, is that last year teams were a bit more open in how they played. We were the kind of time it was worth being a bit more attacking towards because we might crack and let in a soft one (or three).

But now we are not getting that space. It’s contantly 10 behind the hall whether we are 0-0 or three up.

Times have changed. We need to get used to it.
of course i wouldnt swap thats pretty obvious,i partly agree with what you are saying ,but from what i can remember of last season,a lot of teams came to anfield and defended and i think we struggled to beat them and break them down,and if you looked at the stats bt sport showed before the game we only won 7 of our 21 games against bottom 6 i think thats with klopp as manager,dont get me wrong obviously we needed to change something from last year,but to me its not just our style of play but the fact most games we are playing badly,we are just slow and sloppy,YES i know we are getting the results and second in the league,but i cant work out how,can anyone else fathom it out?

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Also considering when Cardiff did go for it we scored two more.

The games we have looked good are games when the opposition have come out to play, the result against Arsenal was not what we wanted but we could have had 5 before the break.

Mo was much improved today, the second one on one with the keeper is a great stop considering it’s probably got a lot of power in that. We needed the luck with the rolling ball (was offside for me) but it felt to me for the most part if not when.

End of the day we did a job and still remain one result from the top, City do look unstoppable but there are 26 games left, Man Utd looked less effective than someone like Crystal Palace.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
I missed the game today, but I'll nevertheless put my tuppence in, for what's worth. I was expecting us to lose points today, and reading the result, couldn't believe that our lads had managed to get yet another clean sheet, and a deserved win. I understand that it wasn't the most sexy game of the season, but perspective is needed here.

Let's see: an early kick-off game in a dull atmosphere, against a side which is bottom of the league and in dire need of points and some confidence, on the back of a horrible away performance and result in Europe. What could ever go wrong there?

In the not so far past, this would have resulted in a defeat or a draw. But the selected team today maintained the level which is ours in the league this season, and made up for their dire display at Belgrade a few days ago. That is very satisfactory, no matter how exactly it was achieved.

We deserve our win, take the three points, and march on. Long may it continue!

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
of course i wouldnt swap thats pretty obvious,i partly agree with what you are saying ,but from what i can remember of last season,a lot of teams came to anfield and defended and i think we struggled to beat them and break them down,and if you looked at the stats bt sport showed before the game we only won 7 of our 21 games against bottom 6 i think thats with klopp as manager,dont get me wrong obviously we needed to change something from last year,but to me its not just our style of play but the fact most games we are playing badly,we are just slow and sloppy,YES i know we are getting the results and second in the league,but i cant work out how,can anyone else fathom it out?
We're playing better than you are giving us credit for. It's that simple.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
There's a difference between expressing legitimate concerns about aspects of our play and refusing to give the team and JK any credit (not saying you're the latter by the way). It's becoming a bit demoralising. There's an air of flatness about everything. It reminds me of 2008/09. Spookily so. If the wheels come off, they come off. Maybe our 'Middlesbrough' moment is just around the corner. Maybe it's not.

Klopp got it right the other day when he said that this season will only be considered a success if we're champions. That's not really a realistic level of expectation when you think of what we're up against. Personally I had no expectations of us winning the league this season and doubted we'd even challenge. Short of creative and attacking options and expecting Salah and co to replicate what they did last season was unrealistic. None the less we're making a better fist of keeping up with City than we did last season, even though apparently we were so much better back then.
When we say 'replicate what they did last season', it is useful to consider the simple fact that the 17/18 side did not match that over the entire season. We are essentially judging the entire body of work for the 18/19 team on the basis of the form of about 10 weeks of the 17/18 side.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Midday or shit opposition, all poor excuses for an atmosphere like that, bloody terrible. You wouldn't say it's a place that wants a title fight this season. I actually like it when Klopp indirectly questions/challenges our fans before home games like these. He mentions it all the time in his pressers, you can feel he's disappointed with it. I know that is a different problem to solve, but it's sad. Fans also play a part and have little responsibility. No, that's a wrong word, it should be a joy to give our little part and influence every game, not only away fans, big/European games. We're not favourites in this league and have this magical reputation, we need to show it more often. It's like the positivity around the club makes us spoiled and we decide to wait for our "magical front 3" to click before signing a song.

On the game...

So-so in the first half, quite better in the second. Still don't like us that much when we play with 2 midfielders and I expect us to go back to 4-3-3 when we get more midfielders up and firing to rotate them. It can work sometimes in smaller games, though it's still not fluid. Robbo, Shaq and Mo were my top 3 today. We had a bit of problems with Fulham getting up the field down the left or through Mitrovic, Gomez and Virgil at times struggled to decide who would go to challenge him in the air. At times our creativity was good, at times our build up and ball circulation was slow and predictable, so in those cases we rushed too much with our final ball. Some lovely chipped passes, long balls to our full backs and that brilliant, potential goal of the season move with a number of players involved in a 1/2 touch action, shame the goalkeeper blocked Salah.

Bobby is asked to play deeper lately, helping our 2 midfielders. Tries as usual, but not great yes. Will be interesting to see if we go 4-3-3 in the next game, if Klopp is willing to maybe drop him for a game to allow Shaqiri, Salah and Mane up top. I doubt it. Shaqiri is showing promising signs, but still not convinced he'd start tomorrow in a final with currently almost all players available. They tried to block that zone today with Chambers as the left sided 8, he also should've got a red card for that disgusting two-footed tackle on Salah.

We got a reaction and a nice, clean win. Expected a better performance, but I'll take this as well. Hopefully people like Hendo and Keita pick up some match fitness and form soon, we need them, especially the latter.
I think Jurgen thinks we misled him about the atmosphere. I suspect the owners sent him a couple of carefully edited clips of big European nights and nobody mentioned early Sunday morning kick offs against shit teams.

Red over the water

Three points the main thing. Teams defend in numbers against us now and give us very little space, so we are only winning by a couple instead of really opening up. But we are winning. Nine wins and three draws is excellent. I still think there’s more to come from the midfield and attack, but I’m not overly concerned.

Man City sort of rain on our parade a bit, as they just keep on winning, but we’re fighting hard and I’m proud of the team.

PS - the set up is wrong up front in my opinion. Mo is central and Bobby is too deep. It should be Mo on the right, Bobby central, Sadio left. The midfield is a work in progress, but when the dust settles I expect to see Fabinho and Keita play most weeks.

GermanRed

I don’t like 'teams defend in numbers against us nowadays' as an excuse for us to play the way we are doing at the moment.

These teams are playing like the Harlem Globetrotters compared to what we had with Palace and Everton under Allardyce and WBA under Pulis last year.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I don’t like 'teams defend in numbers against us nowadays' as an excuse for us to play the way we are doing at the moment.

These teams are playing like the Harlem Globetrotters compared to what we had with Palace and Everton under Allardyce and WBA under Pulis last year.
Sure, but we're actually winning these games. Our record last season against those two sides was won 1, drew 4, lost 1. We've won all 8 games against similar competition in the league this year and 5 of those games were by 2 goals or more.

Bob8

TIA Youth Team
I have to say that this season is probably the most competitive the premier league (maybe even any league ever in history of football) has ever been. We keep playing like this for the rest of the season and we'll finish at 95 points. That would have been enough to win the league almost always.

We are competing against a club that has endless amounts of investing power to try to be the best team in the world. They have arguably the greatest manager of this century trying to create something new and special. Do they make a joke of the FFP and integrity of the game whilst doing it? Yes they are. The game is corrupt and there's nothing we can do to change that, and until that changes we should enjoy the best team Liverpool has ever seen in premier league.

We won today 2-0 at home with a mediocre display and that should not make fans angry and disappointed. There should not be a dark cloud hanging over the club at this time, not after 12 games with a record of 9-3-0, without us not being in the best offensive form we have seen during Klopp era. Many fans who said last year that they would love us to win games 1-0 with boring displays, just to not have a heart attack each game we play. Well now we are doing that, and they still are not happy. And how much shit have our fans chatted about our defence in the era after Rafa. We have been crying for a solid defence for so long, but now when we finally after all these years have a solid defence, fans are complaining as we are doing it, but without the free flowing attacking madness. I mean the absurdity in that is just hilarious.

People should understand that there are still 26 games left, maybe city see a blip in their form at some point or they wont, but lets enjoy Liverpool f.c being back fighting to win trophies.

Limiescouse

We're playing better than you are giving us credit for. It's that simple.
We also weren't as good last year as this collective memory remembers us to have been. Even in games when we got 3 or 4 we were frequently wasteful and the collective opinion was that we were a frustrating side exerting a lot of wasted energy to get the points we were getting. So a big part of the fan disquiet is because that by comparing our overall performances this year against the isolated moments of brilliance in games from last year we are comparing ourselves to a team that did not exist.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Just a small point but, to a large extent the hoodoo's of the past are perhaps still colouring our expectations; the main concerns seem to be we'll dip farther in the future, because of our attacking form/lack of fluidity, like we have in the past. However its also totally conceivable that we hit some better attacking form and make a real fist of this season. We're still in it at least. After a difficult week, an early kick off, an unsettled midfield with significant changes.

In terms of the game. A little ponderous and pedestrian again. Allison did really well, and I notice he isnt getting much credit, but he made that first goal really. And Shaqiri, is a must starter for the first 11 for me now. Took his goal really cleanly and gave us a link between attack and midfield. The Mom today for me, but Robbo was once again brilliant, Mo too and Virgil did some very clean unnoticed work.

But overall it looked a little disjointed to be honest, and with City continuing a rampant vein of form, there is justification to be concerned they will pull away from us. The fixtures favour us though, until Christmas. Lets see how it goes before writing us off. Im thinking doubter v believer.

Stevedpj84

Its very hard to disagree with the points you've made. They say the league table doesn't lie, it never did while we were unsuccessful, and we shouldn't question it now after a positive start to the campaign.

The performance levels and current style of play is a concern but I am convinced this will improve over time. The boys are getting used to 4-2-3-1 and lets not forget it was a world cup summer.

My fear is that a continuing run of below par performance like today's will be punished over the coming weeks and the negativity cloud will increase ten fold.

Atmosphere was very low today...

tesh

TIA New Signing
That we haven't quite hit top form is somehow comforting - obviously with the hope of doing so sometime around Christmas/New Year. I said it earlier and i'll say it again, if we can stay within a game (possibly two) of MC till Christmas/NY we have a chance of catching them going down the stretch.

By Christmas:
Chelsea will (likely) dip in form and any injuries will bite
Tottenham will fail to scrape wins at some point and injuries (as with Chelsea) will further hurt them
Arsenal will remain inconsistent
MU are playing crap and will carry on doing so and will likely start to drop the points they've been nicking till now

My biggest concern is that MC will not suffer a dip in form. The weakness of the top 6 (barring us) means they will unlikely drop many points. The only hope is that they will be going deep in all competition and may pick up critical injuries. The return game in the New Year is going to be critical though not necessarily fatal to our chances.

This year our ability to win games is less likely to be hurt by injuries and in fact an injury occasionally may be beneficial as it forces a shake up. Results against the top 6 are as usual critical but overall we shouldnt loose too many points against them. The New Years game against MC is looking to be a blessing in disguise wrt timing as it comes early enough to not be fatal but a win would be a huge boost for us and a blow for them.

I remain hopeful!

Coddite84

Workman like performance, happy with the win. So much for all the media crap about Mo being finished.. he's 1 goal of being the top scorer in the league and he's not even in top gear yet! Shaq & Robbo were great today they were the difference.

dockers_strike

A sombre atmosphere on a solemn day, the early kick off didnt help either. At times Anfield was so quiet you could hear yourself think!.

The obvious talking points are Fulham's goal and, our breakaway goal by Mo. Lots of people saying their player wasnt offside and the ball wasnt stationary for the free kick. I couldnt tell as Im sat at the other end of the ground. What I can say is Mane had a good goal disallowed against arsenal and he wasnt marginally offside. When a decision goes against Liverpool, people are quick to say these things 'even themselves out over the season' yet when we finally (yes, and I mean that finally seriously) get a decision that goes for us, those same people go on about how hard done to the other team is.

Well, hard luck. You cant have it both ways. Ive no sympathy for Fulham. We got the decision this time, they didnt. Was the ball moving? Again, I couldnt tell. If it had been moving noticably, Im sure the ref would have blown. He was fussy all game and did make Fulham re take a goal kick because he judged the ball didnt leave the area and made their keeper take a goalkick when they thought they got a freekick for the ball seeming to strike Mo's arm when it went for a corner.

That aside Mo had worked industriously all game and looked by far our most dangerous out of the front 3. The shaq ran him very close especially with one lightening drive in the first half which went just wide. Fulham in truth were pretty blunt up front although they should have scored from a rare Gomez error with Sessegnon draging the ball wide.

The first half looked to be heading for nil nil until Fulham's 'goal' turned the scoreline on its head. From the resulting free kick, Trent played just about his only good ball all game for Mo to run onto. What followed was a lung bursting run by Mo who, just as he looked to be running out of steam unleashed a shot that beat the keeper. That goal brought audible relieff to Anfield.

Not much of note happened in the second half but a well made move and ball from Robbo gave the Shaq his second goal in front of the Kop. I thought it was an excellent finish because those can easily end up in row z and not theback of the net. And apart from that, I dont remember much excitement in the game so the 3 points, 2 goals and a clean sheet were very welcome.

I was a bit surprised to hear Jurgen's upbeat view of the game but that's his job so is ok by me even if imho, we didnt play well again.

Coming out the ground, lots of people were hoping for a united win. Not me, I never want them twats to win, I was hoping they'd both lose! Seriously, a draw would have been my preferred result. The BS surprisingly did us a favour getting a draw with chelsea. Watford away after the internationals is going to be tough but I'll still hope for 3 points.

jaffod

We need to move the ball quicker. A few times today we had a chance to hit them when their attack broke down but Fabinho and Gini were too slow in possession.
Much needed win though. Shakiri must be given a decent run in the team now although I fear he'll be in and out again after the break.
Fabinho was solid enough but he looks a bit clueless in their half, don't think he'll be troubling the scorers too often or getting many assists. Won every tackle though despite going into a few looking like he didn't fancy it.
Front 3 still not at it, there seems to be very little link-up between them. Salah the pick of the 3 and took his goal well.
Atmosphere was turd.