• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Genk (UCL 5/11/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Gomez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Milner

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Wijnaldum [GOAL 14']

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Keita [off 74']

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [GOAL 53', off 74']

Votes: 67 79.8%
  • Salah

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Origi [off 89']

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Robertson [on 74']

• Mane [on 74']

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Firmino [on 89']

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
To open at full time

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Milner, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Origi.

cynicaloldgit

Offside by an armpit
Ad-free Member
How the fuck was that only 2-1?

Should have been a cricket score- poor finishing and falling asleep at the back turned what should’ve been a stroll into a nail biting finish. We will need to be far more focussed when Napoli come to town in the next match.

MOTM: the master brewer at Chimay. Legend.

Incognito

The Normal One
Job done, all that was needed considering we had one eye on City. Ox and Keita good, not keeping clean sheets but all is fine as long as we keep winning.

Once we get our finishing sorted, it shouldn't be this difficult. Top of the group and should be through next game.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Made it very hard.
We should really put games to bed and give maybe our younger players some game time.
Ox, milner, origi were brilliant today.
9 points , need maybe another draw to be certain.
Bring on shitty now.

Sweeting

Bit rubbish that to be honest.

Just about enough in the end but no reason for our lack of convinction in front of goal.

We seem to be happy with seeing the game out rather than ripping the throat out of shite teams.

Oh well we got there. The finishing will return eventually and someone will take an almighty tonking.

Herb

Keita MOTM (this time I’m serious).

Played a bit crap again but this team is so good it doesn’t matter, top of both tables now. I worry for teams when we get our clinical edge back in both boxes.

Now let’s hope Atalanta can run the legs of City tomorrow.

Werder4life

To pick up from where I left off in the prematch... FFS!

But I figured it out now... it's all set up by Kloppo to lull ManC !!! Cunning...

Ox motm. Everybody else I expect to chip into funding my funeral , which won't be far away if they keep this up. Probably Sunday.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Strange game. The three points are in the bag, which is all which matters in the end, but I can't help feeling that our lads weren't at their best tonight. A stronger team would have made short work out of our feeble and poorly coordinated defence.

For the next game, many regulars will come back into the side. It will obviously be needed, as the team which starts on Sunday will have to play three levels above the one tonight.

Bottom-line: not very impressive, but job done.

Magnus

Phew ! We almost allowed a come back to Genck, which would have been so against the run of play ! But nevermind that, we held them off without injuries, so 3 points ! We can all smile and be happy now :)

Gave MotM to Oxlaide, since I thought he was our most impressive player since I started watching in the 33 minute or so.

Our ineffective form in front of the goal is a rather large worry for the weekend though. Manchester City will not allow us to have so many chances, so I fervently hope our guys can find goal scoring form !

But for now, rejoice ! :)