• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Liverpool v Huddersfield (EPL 26/4/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 88’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lovren

• Van Dijk

• Robertson

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Wijnaldum [off 73’]

• Henderson

• Keita [GOAL 1’]

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Mane [GOAL 23’, GOAL 66’]

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Sturridge [off 73’]

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Salah [GOAL 45+1’, GOAL 83’]

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [On 73’]

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Shaqiri [on 73’]

• Gomez [on 88’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
I am proud of the effort that my team have put in this season. As a club we are in the best position both fiscally and on the field that we have been in for a generation. JK has inspired an almost perfect league and CL campaign. It's therefore gutting to have a club potentially spoiling our title fight through it's blatant FFP workarounding. IF citeh finish with more points than we manage to get I will give them absolutely no credit whatsoever for doing so because they will have cheated in doing it. If that makes me sound bitter, well you are right on the money. I hate cheats. Lovely performance tonight btw ☺

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
2008/09 was special, and we were very good that season. Collectively we were quite tough to beat and beating teams for fun, then we have 13/14 season where we have 2 super strikers on meth. Scoring every time they got near the goal, Suarez and Sturridge. This season is something else, to me it trumps both season and this is by far the closest we've got to the promise land. Credit to the manager, really. He is by far the best we've had since our good times and he built this squad, coached them and made them what they are today. Rafa may be one of us, but this guy is coming close to god status to me! Come on Klopp stay for another 5-6 years at least! You know you won't get this kind of love from any other club in the world.

RedForever2014

Sky news immediately following our coverage with Pep boasting how good City are.

A nation that prefers a side with few Englishmen to win the league ahead of a side with many.

City obsessed with talking about LFC, mocking too, when our lads show nothing but respect.

Something’s fucked up.

Thankfully it’s not LFC that is.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
2008/09 was special, and we were very good that season. Collectively we were quite tough to beat and beating teams for fun, then we have 13/14 season where we have 2 super strikers on meth. Scoring every time they got near the goal, Suarez and Sturridge. This season is something else, to me it trumps both season and this is by far the closest we've got to the promise land. Credit to the manager, really. He is by far the best we've had since our good times and he built this squad, coached them and made them what they are today. Rafa may be one of us, but this guy is coming close to god status to me! Come on Klopp stay for another 5-6 years at least! You know you won't get this kind of love from any other club in the world.
I nearly cried with joy reading this,
cheers Eddie.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
That was one of the easiest games I've ever been to, perhaps the easiest. Had Firmino played instead of Sturridge we'd have probably knocked in double figures.

Gini bossed it as the '6', Keita was excellent yet again. Nice to see Shaqiri and Chamberlain come on and do well. Good to see Gomez back. 2 more assists for Robertson and 1 more for Trent.

The worst thing about this season is it finishing so soon, what a fantastic football team this is.

Keegans Perm

Whatever happens at the end of this season, these boys have made millions of fans proud and happy. They have given their all, and no matter what, they can all hold their heads up high and know that every one at our club is loved and appreciated for the effort they have put in.
Tonight was a sight to behold. They were brilliant. That 2nd Salah goal was a wonderful team goal that was just a delight on the eye.
A special shout to Naby Keita who although has been a bit of a slow starter, now looks like he's becoming the player we all expected to see. A truly excellent performance tonight.
Keep going lads, give it your all....we are all behind you now and forever. YNWA

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Match report from upper main stand:

So I walked in to Hotel Tia and got hugged by a fella - it was @Semmy . Nice.

He’d heard the warm up from Jamie Webster.

We heard his last rendition of something called allez allez allez. Nice

@ptt popped in too.

We all walked to the kop bar. Met with some of my crew. Sorted out the tickets. Fixed our meeting point post match.

Got to my seat. 2nd row behind the back of main stand. The opposite of @Semmy pretty much the front of the kop.

1-0 - how many seconds?

Weird training ground type atmosphere. But cool.

Half time. 3-0, but weird. Not deserved, but deserved.

Half time beers.

2nd half more of the same. Ox came on. Yes nice.

End of match. Nice

Met @Semmy and @ptt - I saw their eyes. It was done. Complete. Over to Burnley. Mighty Burnley.

Magical place. Anfield.

Once we watched the Egyptian king play. And could he play....

Magnus

@ptt popped in too.

We all walked to the kop bar. Met with some of my crew. Sorted out the tickets. Fixed our meeting point post match.

Got to my seat. 2nd row behind the back of main stand. The opposite of @Semmy pretty much the front of the kop.

1-0 - how many seconds?

Half time beers.

End of match. Nice

Met @Semmy and @ptt - I saw their eyes. It was done. Complete. Over to Burnley. Mighty Burnley.

Magical place. Anfield.

Wonderful write up ! :)

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
A very enjoyable match with splendid goals by our boys. Keita was outstanding tonight. He was tenacious, intelligent and is on his way to being a world class complete midfielder.

Overall, the whole team put in a complete shift, they all worked their socks off. I could not ask for more. 91 points, wow!! So proud of our lads, manager and the coaching staff.

Last, but not least, well done to our Anfield choir, they inspire all of us Reds watching from all over the world.

MOTM for me is Naby Keita. :well done:

Alright Now

@ptt popped in too.

1-0 - how many seconds?

Half time beers.

End of match. Nice

Magical place. Anfield.

Mightily happily envious.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
And the bitters 36points behind
UNBELIEVABLE to be so far ahead of them when the talk at season's start was they would be challenging for a European place. I think they are a few seasons away from accomplishing that. They will end up with nose bleeds if they get that high in the league.