• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Leicester (EPL 5/10/2019 3pm)

Man of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Lovren

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Robertson

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Milner [GOAL 90+4']

Votes: 98 52.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 78']

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Mane [GOAL 40']

Votes: 142 75.5%
  • Salah [off 90+1]

• Firmino [off 78']

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Henderson [on 78']

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Origi [on 78']

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lallana [on 90+1']

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

melbournered

Gonna say it again. This Liverpool team is right up there with the best sides I've seen over the last 40-odd years. Pegged back today by an undeserved equaliser, half the team out on their feet after a difficult game on Wednesday and yet they still find a way to win it. They just never, ever give in, which is more than could be said for some in the crowd today who were giving Trent shit after he overhit that late free-kick and another cross just before the pen. Clueless, ungrateful cunts.
Right now Mane is the best player in the world. I wouldn't swap him for anyone. His work-rate is immense, closing down, slide tackles on the edge of our own box and lethal in front of goal.
Gave him MOTM, again, with Milner and Lovren getting the other votes. Fabinho great as well, constantly getting a telescopic leg in the way and breaking up play.
Leicester can fuck off. There's something snide about them that seems to come out every time they come here. Vardy, Schmeichel, that stupid looking cunt who fouled Mo, fucking dickhead fans singing 'champions of England, you'll never sing that' 18 times dickheads with 6 European Cups thrown in for good measure.
Of course the agenda is set again now whereby Mane is a cheating foreigner, just like salah, despite the fact there was clear contact. Bald cunts Murphy and Shearer sit in the MOTD studio every week banging on about how forwards "felt contact so are entitled to go down", unless they're wearing a Liverpool shirt that is and then they're divers. Pair of absolute thick as pigshit wankers. Murphy reckoned it was a good tackle on Mo, the type you see every week. Could easily have broken his ankle but don't let that stop you spouting shit.
Only criticism today was JK leaving the subs too late as is often the case. Felt we needed fresh legs around the hour mark given Leicester had 3 extra days rest on us. People complaining we looked tired need to look at the bigger picture - there's a very good reason for that. That we still found a winner is testament to how fucking determined this Liverpool team is.
Up the fucking Reds!!
You have an enjoyable literary style. (y)

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Very enjoyable game,for the most part.
It was a good performance from us all round really.
Anyway,see Rodgers reckoned they were robbed....some things don't change.
Why whinge about a penalty the ref called and VAR supported,really pissing in the wind!
That was a reckless foul on Mo,should have been a straight red.Hope Mo comes up OK.
Mane MOTM for me,great game from him,his goal was a bonus.

FGred

Don't think Salah will play for Egypt the coming days hope he is fit for the match against the mancs. Don't know what you have to do in the PL to get a red when you play against Liverpool, bring a gun?
Shearer is a dirty bastard himself (remember THAT challenge he got away with?) and Murphy is still sore about Rafa moving him on. But it does annoy me that they set the tone of how Joe Bloggs public think of what went on.
I’m not a vindictive person but someone should put on a reducer on Choudhary, see how he likes it.
he reminds me of Fellaini right dirty player he had another horrendous rugby tackle on one of our players just before the Salah one. Leicester are starting to believe the BS bodger is dishing out

vjcpatriot

That was a really a great clutch win. Pulling it off by the skin of the teeth. But still, to see Milner come through with the gamewinner in extra time was quite sweet. I'm sure it was a bitter pill to swallow for Rodgers who hoped to upset his former club. But the replay clearly shows Mane was brought down by a defender in the box who made no play on the ball instead going directly for the legs and knocking him down. Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Liverpool still a perfect 24 points out of 24. I can feel it lads, this is the year Liverpool finally brings home the domestic crown!

As for Adrian... well he's not Alisson. There's no mistaking that. But he's good enough for us to keep winning until Alisson gets healthy and that is what is important, having a competent backup. At least Adrian doesn't feed the ball directly to the opposing side unlike a certain ex-keeper...

Red over the water

Bit surprised at the strength of feeling from Dutch against Adrian. More than entitled to your opinion though.

For me he’s an excellent number two. He has made some very good saves since came in. Obviously not as good as Alisson, but better than Mingo and Karius. I like him. I don’t see the poser stuff either. If we win the league this season - heck of a long way to go - then he will have been invaluable. 8 games 8 wins, and he has done his part. Not too shabby like, for a free back up.

Flobs

FADA
We say all this but to restrict Leicester to only 2 shots is excellent however, we were also Lucky that they weren't as good as Salzburg going forward.
Yes sure we played well and were unlucky to concede.
The thing is we are playing well it's (at least for me) just that we haven't hit our best yet. I feel sorry for the team we meet when we do hit our best. :)

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
A Milner quintiple
Goal
Assist
Toughest player on pitch
Fittest player on pitch
And taking nothing away from his teammates - best player on pitch

His agent is loving this run of games

Hats off to Lovren for a very solid outing - my heart dropped when i saw him starting - God bless him for a very good performance- nary a foot wrong

What a move and what awareness by TAA when the ball hit the corner flag

Our front 3 went strangely out of synch for the 2nd half -

What was the fight about at the end?

treboeth

A Milner quintiple
Goal
Assist
Toughest player on pitch
Fittest player on pitch
And taking nothing away from his teammates - best player on pitch

His agent is loving this run of games

Hats off to Lovren for a very solid outing - my heart dropped when i saw him starting - God bless him for a very good performance- nary a foot wrong

What a move and what awareness by TAA when the ball hit the corner flag

Our front 3 went strangely out of synch for the 2nd half -

What was the fight about at the end?
Leicester will be at pains to make sure no one complains too loudly - that could be a 3-game suspension for Schmeichel for being that stupid.

Just once in this sport, I'd like to see that sort of behaviour punished, particularly whichever Leicester defender it was that saw fit to go over and throw himself into Lallana when Lallana was clearly trying to make nothing of Schmeichel's idiocy. All this tough guy posing, and not one of them ever takes a punch to the jaw for it.
previous page ;)

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Klopp really needs to look at his approach to subs. That was screaming for fresh legs for 15 minutes. And it was an obvious change, to bring on Henderson and ask him to sit next to Fabinho, who looks like he has been asked to go to the well once too often. He is tiring on 60ish, and we're looking very open after that.
Is there a thread on klopps subbing? Cause it would be lit

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Give Milner a contract for life. His experience and calmness cant be quantified.
I hate American football with a vengence
But
They do allow different players to come on for different plays
Would love to see that in the EPL
Then whenever there is a penalty we could bring Milner on to take it
Ill bet he would still be a killer penalty taker at 50

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
At the end of the day VAR will always give that, it might be soft or whatever but there is contact and the ref has pointed to the spot, at that point VAR will not be overruled.

It is acting a bit like Umpires decision, If Mane had no contact then that is probably the only thing that will overturn it.

Ray_Chua

Another three points but what a shite show second half. How Klopp kept Mo on the field God only knows. He really doesn't look like his heart is in it to me. Thought that Bobby wasn't far behind him. All we did second half was give the ball away every time. Luck is with us at the moment. I just hope that Lady Luck doesn't turn against us. Gave my MOM to VVD back to his best after a shaky midweek.
I totally agree with you. Mo was way off his best. He needs a rest.

Lostmyfunk 3421

Standing on the verge of getting it on
We were brilliant in stages and looked like we tweaked our formation a bit which may had bamboozled Brendan..Wanted Keita on as I feel he has so much to his game and carries the ball so well..Probably a better option for a tired Gini (who also keeps the ball amazingly in tight situations as well -excellent link.up with our number Brazilian Gandalf the Grey) than Hendo at the end.
Shout out for Lovren who got over looked again by many a journo. To put that performance after so many months out was sensational and had he been English, would have had a higher rating. Pushed Mane for MOM.

Excellent character shown by our players..Robbo, Virgil, Lovren, Firmino,.Milner (twice) and Mane all had really good chances..could have been a rout.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Oceans of salty tears on otherr forums around the www- all whingeing about Liverpool's "luck" , Mane's "dive" and apparently a Liverpool fan at Var. Hillarious. Only Spurs complain abaout something else for some reason...
Let them.
For decades we have had shit decisions, unfair treatment and abuses.
I really want us to be unbearables.
Even yesterday, u can see how the ref was biased in the first half, almost to the point of being obvious.
The moment this game gets automated decisions, liverpool will be the biggest benefactors.
And that for scums and shitty does not go down well. Who can they fucking intimidate or bribe now?

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Looking back at the game, it was obvious that wijnaldum was exhausted by 60 mins, and we should have got Hendo at 60 mins.
I love our bench though, not too flashy, but exactly what we need, players who come in and perform.
Origi is massive, he may not be an option to start when our front 3 is fit, but from bench , he creates havoc, almost an aura about him that dont you dare fucking touch me.
I'm very excited for this team, we have jones, Brewster, elliot on the brink of breaking in and something tells me these lads are going to make it here.
Truly exciting time and we have an intimidating aura about us.
Long long long may it continue!!

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Few other things I should have added to my match report.

I gave a proper bollocking to my lad late last night - and he knew he deserved it.

He had decided with his mates that he was going to leave in the 90th minute - they had some plans (stupid plans).

And unbelievably he did leave in the 90th minute - then he phones me a couple of minutes later to ask “what’s going on?”

Shit connection so didn’t really speak.

He was confused as he heard 3 roars - ref pointing to pen, var. actual pen. But then got confused with all the booing and whistling near the end as tried to keep Leicester out.

Anyway, never again he said. He should learn.

That few minutes felt more dramatic than origi against Everton and even spurs own goal last season.

The drama seemed to last forever.

And then we all loved the trademark 3 fist punches from Jurgen - loud cheers!

@GermanRed face I will never forget.