• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Leicester (EPL 5/10/2019 3pm)

Man of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Lovren

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Robertson

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Milner [GOAL 90+4']

Votes: 98 52.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 78']

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Mane [GOAL 40']

Votes: 142 75.5%
  • Salah [off 90+1]

• Firmino [off 78']

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Henderson [on 78']

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Origi [on 78']

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lallana [on 90+1']

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LaurazRed

That was a great game and what a win. We were dominant for the first 60 mins. Mané and Trent (those crosses) Lovren was very good considering he's hardly played recently. If you had to choose one premier league player to take a 95th minute match winning penalty it has to be Milner. Nerves of steel, heart of a lion. What a pro!

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
I had to watch this a few times but just as Robbo walks past Perez he gives him a little dig with his elbow. Very subtle. I like how Milner takes over the pushing and shoving from Lallana. These sort of things are best left to him.
Didn't look enough to warrant the massive overreaction from Perez but having said that, it was completely unnecessary from Robertson. Disappointing.

treboeth

Robbo is a typical Scottish Terrier(I've seen Braveheart a few times so I know the Scots like nothing better than a good fight ;)).
It started way before this with Schmeicel.

I do agree Robbo needs to calm down even if it is nice to see his passion now and again.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I had to watch this a few times but just as Robbo walks past Perez he gives him a little dig with his elbow. Very subtle. I like how Milner takes over the pushing and shoving from Lallana. These sort of things are best left to him.
But that is forgetting how Perez was laughing in Robbos' face after the equalizer, so instigated it himself by trying to wind up Robbo in the first palce

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Mention it next time you're in your England-flag-bedecked local in that alternate universe you live in, you might find someone who gives a fuck.
A week off for this uncalled for aggression, which puts you in last chance saloon. The next ban will be permanent.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
What's baffling is hearing that it's apparently fucking baffling to think he should have made some saves he hasn't . Some of the criticism of him has been over the top and he has performed well no doubt given the situation but the sun isn't shining out of his arse to render him immune from saying he should have saved some that went past him. We have had 2 clean sheets in 8 in the Prem and imho should have had at least 5; howler against Southampton, Willems shot vs Newcastle and yesterday's effort by Maddison.

He's done well, I am not comparing him to Allison or saying he should be world class or that we need a better back up and I actually think he is perfect for the role. What I am saying is he could have, and should have done better, in certain goalscoring situations and that we have actually been lucky that is has not cost us points; Ings missed a sitter to equalise vs Southampton and while it was a penalty, we did require that situation to get the win yesterday thanks to a goal that really was avoidable. The fact that we have 24 points is not down to having Adrian and not having Migs/Karius but rather the incredible dogged, resilient and sheer bloody minded mentality of this team as a whole.
Completely agree with you. We have had a bit of luck, but as Jurgen said yesterday no team winning eight out of eight is going to not have luck.

I don’t think we win all eight with Mignolet in goal. That isn’t because Adrian is saving stuff Mignolet wouldn’t (although I think Mignolet, while a fine reaction keeper, has a tendency let stuff go through his fingers), but because he is much closer in style and attitude to Alisson, which has allowed the team to continue without missing a beat.

Mignolet would have necessitated a rethink of our defence. And he burns the defenders heads, and most of the crowd.

Adrian has let some stuff in that you’d expect a top keeper to save. That’s true enough. But he has also saved some stuff we have no right to expect of a reserve keeper, including one of the best saves I’ve seen a Liverpool keeper make.

Last edited:

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Alisson is undoubtedly the best keeper for the last 20 years.

With the exception is Reina we as a club do not have a been particularly impressive record with our keepers (Karius, Mignolet, Doni, Jones, Itandje, Carson, Kirkland, Dudek, Westerveld, Arphexad, James)

To be honest Adrian has been performing at a level these last few weeks comparable or better than many who have been first choice. Certainly head and shoulders above our past backups.

liver1

James Maddison might be an interesting target to purchase. Hes played decent whenever ive seen him so far, hes young and hes our type of player

With Ward, Sturridge, Solanke, Ings all gone and Clyne going soon, Lallana is in his last year of contract and Milner is 34 this year, we are running low on our 8 homegrown players for our squad.

liver1

Alisson is undoubtedly the best keeper for the last 20 years.

With the exception is Reina we as a club do not have a been particularly impressive record with our keepers (Karius, Mignolet, Doni, Jones, Itandje, Carson, Kirkland, Dudek, Westerveld, Arphexad, James)

To be honest Adrian has been performing at a level these last few weeks comparable or better than many who have been first choice. Certainly head and shoulders above our past backups.
Erm, I think youll find Pegguy Arphexad won 6 trophies at Liverpool and only conceded 1 goal in his career at Liverpool.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
@Dutch could be karius. You know. He is trying to discredit Adrian, so when he comes back in summer, we welcome him open arms.
This conspiracy theory actually makes sense you know.... :LOL:
Sshh. Don’t say the C word. Makes them angry.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Stop this nonsense now please. It’s bordering on deliberate trolling.
Ok. Never want to see the angry red font deployed. Consider me suitably contrite.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
James Maddison might be an interesting target to purchase. Hes played decent whenever ive seen him so far, hes young and hes our type of player

With Ward, Sturridge, Solanke, Ings all gone and Clyne going soon, Lallana is in his last year of contract and Milner is 34 this year, we are running low on our 8 homegrown players for our squad.
Yeah but he'll probably be wayyy overpriced? Look at how much Maguire was (mediocre player). I suspect it'd be over 70 Million Pounds. Surely someone better out there for wayy cheaper.

liver1

Yeah but he'll probably be wayyy overpriced? Look at how much Maguire was (mediocre player). I suspect it'd be over 70 Million Pounds. Surely someone better out there for wayy cheaper.
Yeah depends on the price. At the moment were ok for maybe 12-18 months but we will need to look at getting in some homegrown players soon.

veteranMortal

Struck me just now, if we'd lost to Leicester, City would be in third.

Obviously it doesn't really work like that, but it's indicative that they're in real danger of falling into the chasing pack at the moment.

[email protected]

Struck me just now, if we'd lost to Leicester, City would be in third.

Obviously it doesn't really work like that, but it's indicative that they're in real danger of falling into the chasing pack at the moment.
They are in the chasing pack mate. Only 1 point ahead of Arsenal and 2 ahead of both Leicester and Chelsea.