• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Leicester (EPL 5/10/2019 3pm)

Man of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Lovren

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Robertson

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Milner [GOAL 90+4']

Votes: 98 52.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 78']

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Mane [GOAL 40']

Votes: 142 75.5%
  • Salah [off 90+1]

• Firmino [off 78']

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Henderson [on 78']

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Origi [on 78']

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lallana [on 90+1']

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Klopp really needs to look at his approach to subs. That was screaming for fresh legs for 15 minutes. And it was an obvious change, to bring on Henderson and ask him to sit next to Fabinho, who looks like he has been asked to go to the well once too often. He is tiring on 60ish, and we're looking very open after that.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Fuck him, show him the challenge on Mo.
This. And It's hilariously ironic - I.e. FUCKING GALLING - that a diving, shithouse, repugnant entitled lot like Leicester should/would cry about anyone doing the same thing to them. Have a taste of your own fucking diaper you crying assholes. Fucking ZERO to like about Leicester.

EDIT: ok, I just had to get that last bit out of my system. I'm exhausted. And so proud of our boys. Also, great match thread it must be said. Everyone stayed positive and it was a great atmosphere. Cheers all.

Dave-D

That’ll do, heart rate went through the roof at the end but Milner done the business.

Apart from the Leicester goal Liverpool kept them at arms length.

Good game to watch and 3pts before the international break will do.

Hopefully Mo is ok and with him already being left out the Egypt squad for international break fingers crossed he’s back and raring to go.

MoTM goes to Mane for his goal and those tackles he made at the edge of the Liverpool box.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Elated with that but..........if Kane had gone down like Sadio there might have been a few on here giving him stick :unsure: . I would have been gutted if that was given at the other end but hey ho 3 more points.

phil smith

Another three points but what a shite show second half. How Klopp kept Mo on the field God only knows. He really doesn't look like his heart is in it to me. Thought that Bobby wasn't far behind him. All we did second half was give the ball away every time. Luck is with us at the moment. I just hope that Lady Luck doesn't turn against us. Gave my MOM to VVD back to his best after a shaky midweek.

RedSeven

On the one road
Tight game score wise but thought we could have been more clinical and had a few,we were a bit wasteful.Well deserved the win against what i think are a team who'll finish in top 4 this season.
Maddison their best player by a country mile.Going to cost someone a large amount of cash next summer.

liver1

We look a bit cooked and this international break cant come soon enough to regroup.

But we deserved that win today. Weve missed Alisson a lot, were just so much calmer and more composed in defence when hes between the sticks.

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
I really thought that was our first points dropped this season. It's unbelievable how this team just keeps going , and gets the luck it so richly deserves. Sadio Mané was unfuckinbelievable today and is probably our most important player right now. Fantastic stuff.

Werder4life

Yikes! That was some shithousery towards the end. We almost paid for some slackness in front of goal. Should have been at least 3 up when Maddison's goal happened (which was the one and only good offensive move of them all day tbf).
But somehow I was convinced that the lads get it sorted anyway - and if it took a (bit of a worked) late pen - I take that all day (when Millie is on the pitch that is).
Btw - when Chad-something took Mo out from behind like that , I wanted to teleport over and personally feed him his balls. Disgusting tackle , agricultural doesn't describe it propperly - and should not happen like this in this millenium. Wasn't there the rule about stretching in full pelt from behind to be a red card offense? Should be imho.

Sadio my man again - what a fighting machine...

Last edited:

macca1970

Injury time penalty, and you wouldn’t want anyone else but Mr Milner to take it. Nerves of steel from him. It’s one of those penalty decisions where VAR would just follow the ref’s decision, and the ref saw it as enough of a foul to award the penalty.

Milner also set up the first goal with a sublime ball from deep for Mane to run onto. We had a good build up play at the back prior to that goal, passes quickly to avoid the press by Leicester. Up until the first goal, it was a frustrating game.

In the second half, we created some opportunities, and we either messed up the final shot or the final pass. Could easily have scored a couple more on another day. Leicester didn’t even get a shot on goal, never mind on target, until late in the game And so typical on these types of games, they scored with only their second shot. The ball maybe got a slight deflection of the covering Lovren, but it’s one of those where the keeper should get a stronger hand to it (would expect Alison to save that). Speaking of Dejan, I thought he had a really good game.

We created some gilt edged chances, such as the VVD header from the corner, but it wasn’t to be today. Hopefully Mo is okay after the cynical challenge by Choudhary. Players always take one for the team in those situations, but if it’s a bad challenge, then sometimes may deserve more than a yellow. Hopefully it’s just a strain, as his ankle got turned.

A never say die attitude brought us the injury time goal. Next game after the international break, with the scum away. Can’t wait.

Dimitriy

The live results app (on three phones)...strarted to signal...fuuuck off...I know it's 1:1....But then...Noooooo, it's Millie !!!
Somebody keep Pep from sharp objects :eek:
We were gifted a new Everton....c'mon you reds !!!!!!!!!
All the best guys !