• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Leicester (EPL 5/10/2019 3pm)

Man of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Lovren

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Robertson

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Milner [GOAL 90+4']

Votes: 98 52.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 78']

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Mane [GOAL 40']

Votes: 142 75.5%
  • Salah [off 90+1]

• Firmino [off 78']

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Henderson [on 78']

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Origi [on 78']

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lallana [on 90+1']

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I have absolutely no problem with the lad taking a yellow for his team. Everyone does it.

But you pull his shirt or give him a push. You don’t go through the back of his leg. That’s a tackle, with one intent - to put Salah out of the game. It should be punishable with a red.

LFCFFC

18 shots, 8 on target vs 2 and 1.

Leicester have absolutely nothing to whinge about. Shouldn't have even been in it despite their shithousery.

Need to improve our game management in that mid second-half period in particular, but we won so right now it's time for a beer.

big noyd

expected us to score. origi was gonna scuff that left-footed shot from 28 yards harmlessly into the leicester supporters before albrighton intervened, too. shame

subs were a bit late. couldn't believe we kept the ball in when trent (iirc) hooked it down the touch line...but subs didn't come on at the next stoppage anyway. midfield looked a bit tired, consecutive substandard performances from vvd

...salah...

macca1970

I have absolutely no problem with the lad taking a yellow for his team. Everyone does it.

But you pull his shirt or give him a push. You don’t go through the back of his leg. That’s a tackle, with one intent - to put Salah out of the game. It should be punishable with a red.
Exactly my sentiments. He was looking to stop Mo any way possible and take a yellow. But he went in the wrong way. I would say in a reckless way, so a red woouldn't be out of the ordinary for that.

Sweeting

A lot of talk about us "struggling" recently but I actually thought we were really good today in our general play but around the penalty area we couldn't get a clear chance against the 2nd best defence in the league.

The only criticism I would have is that around the 35-40 minute mark we looked like we were so desperate to score that we making tackles where we couldn't get the ball and that gave Leicester the opportunity to break the game up. Then we went and scored a minute later.

Leicester scored with essentially their only real chance and it was a well worked move in fairness.

Salah was a little off the pace again but still a constant threat that Leicester were clearly concerned about - he spent most of the game with half his shirt in Chilwell or Soyuncu's fists.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
We look a bit cooked and this international break cant come soon enough to regroup.

But we deserved that win today. Weve missed Alisson a lot, were just so much calmer and more composed in defence when hes between the sticks.
Wont take the credit away from adrian.
Big big impact, and a superb no.2 to have.
Yes, alisson coming would be unfreakingbelivable!

macca1970

18 shots, 8 on target vs 2 and 1.

Leicester have absolutely nothing to whinge about. Shouldn't have even been in it despite their shithousery.

Need to improve our game management in that mid second-half period in particular, but we won so right now it's time for a beer.
I think when you have Jordan on the bench, and a tiring midfield that's starting to get overun, it's a good idea to make the sub a few minutes earlier, rather than at the 78th minute (even though the goal came after the sub).

Flobs

FADA
Best moment in the match Origi and how he forced the LCFC player to try passing it back to his goalie only for Mané to pounce on it and that just after I shouted 'fucking arsehole' at him for letting himself get tackled. Funny old game this football lark. :cool: