• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Leicester (EPL 5/10/2019 3pm)

Man of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Lovren

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Robertson

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Milner [GOAL 90+4']

Votes: 98 52.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 78']

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Mane [GOAL 40']

Votes: 142 75.5%
  • Salah [off 90+1]

• Firmino [off 78']

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Henderson [on 78']

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Origi [on 78']

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lallana [on 90+1']

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[email protected]

That's not a save only a world class keeper makes. Good grief, it's become like everything that goes past Adrian is only saveable by a world class goalie and even then maybe just. No. It was not far away from him, it was hit hard but by no means travelling at exceptional speed, he got a hand and actually diverted the path of the ball back towards goal and behind him (don't worry, I am aware it was going in) which is indicative of over compensating the dive. His positioning and reaction times were suspect there for sure. It's not attacking him, it just is what it is

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Do you think Adrian should/could have scored 3?
Otherwise what did he fuck up?
He made a wonderful save from an offside header.
So he made a safe from something that does not matter, typical, he should have saved that weak ass shot that went in. Some of you are happy with him as a second goalkeeper, good, fine I'm not, Nuff' said from me about a second rade goalkeeper. We should have done better than giving him a contract IMHO.

Phather Fil

Drrrrink!!!
Mane MOTM all over the pitch. Needs a real song that man. The number of times where he was free of defenders in dangerous positions waiting for a pass from Mo or Bobby was astounding.

Big props to Lovren who showed no rust, 100% focused and got a good chance at goal.

Milner gets "most professional professional ever" trophy.

Solid performance for 95% of the game, 3 points, I'll gladly chip in for when Brendan raises Jurgen's rent next month. They can't touch this.
Damn right on Mane, some shit hot defending as well, the man's on fire and he DEFINATELY NEEDS A DECENT SONG!!

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
So glad that I only got to watch this game as a replay, and knowing the final score ahead of time. I don't think I could handle the the tension live!

The team seems to have learned the lesson from the Salzburg game. Every one of them put in proper shifts. Very glad that we got a win out of this game. In fact, we should have been 3 or 4 goals ahead by 75th minute. The only negative is that the front 3 passing game were not as sharp as we used to.

My votes to:
Millie - Too bad that he did not score much earlier....but the pen more than made up for the 2 misses. It was also Millie brilliant pass to Mane led to the first goal).
Mane - Other than scoring such a beauty, he has been amazing in providing mid and defensive cover.
Digsy. Without any competitive games, he managed to raised his level as if he has play all the games in the season. Excellent performance.

Finally, a massive shout out to TAA - First half was particularly impressive with his usual wide ball coming into the centre, his run. I am also impressed with his throw ins. Towards the end of the game, there were a few hairy moments though.

Hope that Mo is OK. Choudury's challange in my eyes should have been a red card. He made zero attempt to play the ball and Mo was clean through.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Great 3 points we dominated the match but my thoughts are that our front 3 are looking burnt out as we had a lot of very good opportunities to put this game away but our pass selection, control and soft finishing hurt us but 3 points definitely deserved. Went for Lovren as motm was worried when I saw he was starting against Vardy but he was solid, although Mane worked his socks off.

Phather Fil

Drrrrink!!!
So he made a safe from something that does not matter, typical, he should have saved that weak ass shot that went in. Some of you are happy with him as a second goalkeeper, good, fine I'm not, Nuff' said from me about a second rade goalkeeper. We should have done better than giving him a contract IMHO.
Karius is still under contract, should I give him a bell? ;)

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
18 shots, 8 on target vs 2 and 1.

Leicester have absolutely nothing to whinge about. Shouldn't have even been in it despite their shithousery.

Need to improve our game management in that mid second-half period in particular, but we won so right now it's time for a beer.
I thought we managed the game well as we limited them to 1 chance, very hard to do much better than that, what hurt us was our forward play as we had numerous opportunities to hurt them, however, the front 3 were pretty poor in that respect.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Exactly my sentiments. He was looking to stop Mo any way possible and take a yellow. But he went in the wrong way. I would say in a reckless way, so a red woouldn't be out of the ordinary for that.
'reckless' is a yellow, 'excessive force' is a 'red' ;) which as it endangered Mo could easily be called as using 'excessive force'

Commando

Ad-free Member
I thought we managed the game well as we limited them to 1 chance, very hard to do much better than that, what hurt us was our forward play as we had numerous opportunities to hurt them, however, the front 3 were pretty poor in that respect.
I feel that since the Burnley game and the media hullabaloo about him not passing to Sadio, that Mo has been too unselfish. Today in the second half he had a really good chance to turn into the box with the ball but laid it off instead.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
I feel that since the Burnley game and the media hullabaloo about him not passing to Sadio, that Mo has been too unselfish. Today in the second half he had a really good chance to turn into the box with the ball but laid it off instead.
It isn't just that he doesn't take the shot but his quality of passing along with Sadio & Bobby was pretty atrocious when in great situations, ones that we would normally see goal,

Incognito

The Normal One
Missed the game, wow couldn't have handled that.. Crazy winning at the death!

So glad we have continued the winning streak - 8/8. Have lost just 1 league game out the last 46, haven't lost a single league game at Anfield in the last 44 and unbeaten at Anfield in European football under the reign of Jurgen Klopp, not lost a two legged tie in Europe. WTF is Jurgen Klopp. Seriously. Legend this guy is. How can we even complain about anything. We are living the dream, if we aren't happy now, there's nothing that'll make us happier. Just wow.

Few things I am really glad about-
Klopp calling out on that tackle publicly and protecting Mo. He seemed super pissed off and rightly so.
Second what robbo did. Enough of the goody good lads we had been. Never took us anywhere, just provided more ammo to c*nts like ramos to take advantage. Give them fcking bad for their thuggery. Love robbo even more now if that's even possible!
Mane is a super human. And yes Milly is legend. :cool::giggle:

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
I agree we had lots of chances mate but I felt they were getting a foothold in the game, we looked tired and were getting over run in the middle of the park. I'd doubt many were surprised when they scored, I certainly wasn't.
We did need the one change in the middle of the park, however, for me, we needed to take both Bobby and Mo off as our front 3 were gassed after 60 mins, they need a rest!!

p.s was hoping to see young Harvey come on.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Questionable last minute penalty to take us 8 points clear. That FA/Sky conspiracy to stop us winning the league is much more subtle than I realised.
This guy has me on ignore. He called me a liar, then put me on ignore. Clever.

This is baiting.......
rehashing his views in the long closed bias thread. He knows it though, he just couldnt resist his petty barb after we win the match. Waiting long for your chance??

It was not a questionable penalty and was affirmed by VAR. No real question.
We were denied two penalties this season that City would probably have been awarded, he had no comedic response then. Leicester should have been down to 10 men again in this seasons match but he fails to see that.

Maybe someone tell him to come out from behind the chair and debate, or cut the schoolboy attempt at wit.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
For the record I think he should save the shot that went in too but otherwise you are way to harsh on him. He's better that Mignolet or Karius.
Just out of interest who do you think we should have given a back up contract to instead?

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
His marking error (lack of marking) allowed LCFC to score. He also struggled to find midfielders to pass to at the start of the game (not sure that was his fault though). Looks very tired so hope he makes the most of the international break.
Thay player that gets in that space between our defence and midfield is costing us quite a few of the goals that we seem to be conceding. The defence don't step out to pressure the man and there doesn't seem to be any communication to tell Fab to pick him/them up, is it instructions from Klopp to hold our shape?

Klopp also mentioned it in the midweek game about the player in the half-space causing us problems but what is our solution is it the defences job or Fab's? for me, It should be Fab but there needs to be a clear plan and better talking on the pitch.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
If we'd ended up drawing it wouldn't have changed my opinion on the performance. We were good today. One of our better performances of the season and we deserved to win. We changed the set up and looked more secure. Leicester are the best team we've played this season and yet they created virtually nothing. One shot on target.

The Mane goal was brilliantly constructed. From being hemmed in deep in our own half, two passes and it's in the back of the net. We see brilliance like this every week but you can't take it for granted. This is world class football. We should have scored 2, 3 even 4 goals long before they equalised and that's the only aspect of the performance that let us down. Finishing and wrong decision making in the final third. Mo was probably the worst culprit but he is such a handful. The only way they could stop him was hold him in a headlock or hack him to the ground.

For years we were everyone's favourite losers. Dominate a game, concede with the only chance against all afternoon and then await the inevitable defeat. Not any more. Even when they equalised I still believed. This team does not give up. Schmeichel was wasting his time trying to psych out James Milner. The man has beautiful big balls of Yorkshire steel and he wasn't going to miss.

The inevitable outrage over 'Lucky Liverpool' or 'Penaltypool' is music to the ears. The last time I heard it was in the 70s and 80s which is the last time we had a team this good. The better we get the luckier we seem to get. Every post match I write that this team just always finds a way to win. Everybody is now hating us for it and I fucking love it.

jabu

TIA New Signing
I see Brendan Rodgers delusions of grandeur have not stopped and he has infected his players as well. In what world do u think u dominated the game and should have won. I mean seriously....and dont get me started on that Hamza idiot!

Last edited:

Red Skip

Red Skip
What a sweet sweet victory today - three more points in the bag - delighted with our eighth league win = 24 points. :D

Well done Mighty Redmen YNWA :) (y) Delighted for all the Lads and our Boss Man Mr Klopp and his backroom team.

Hope the dirty challenge that injured Mo is not serious and he will be fit to play in our next match.

pass_and_move

TIA New Signing
Don't give a fuck what you think on whatever subject.
Not sure what the problem with Adrien is! We've not dropped any premier league points as a result of his inclusion, the team doesn't appear to be adversely affected by his presence and he has proved to be a decent shot stopper. Personally I've not noticed Allison's absence, he's been that good. Certainly better than Migs and Karius, by a country mile.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
(...)

The inevitable outrage over 'Lucky Liverpool' or 'Penaltypool' is music to the ears. The last time I heard it was in the 70s and 80s which is the last time we had a team this good. The better we get the luckier we seem to get. Every post match I write that this team just always finds a way to win. Everybody is now hating us for it and I fucking love it.
And I love this part of your post. Yeah, the better we become, the 'luckier' we get. Like all great teams of the past.

It's good to be back.

Ron Swanson

Tough win we well deserved defo pen, hopefully Salah is okay. Adrian well we should all applaud the lad looks like Allison is back and he will go back to the bench but that lad has been nothing short of brilliant to be thrown into the deep end within a week of joining, won us a European trophy and made some crucial game winning saves along the way. He is the best reserve goalkeeper in the league and the best Spanish goalkeeper in the league. Plus telling Vardy to "Fuck off" has me laughing for a good 10 minutes. Top of the league and deserved to be.