• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Leicester (EPL 5/10/2019 3pm)

Man of the match

• Adrian

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Lovren

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Robertson

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Milner [GOAL 90+4']

Votes: 98 52.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 78']

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Mane [GOAL 40']

Votes: 142 75.5%
  • Salah [off 90+1]

• Firmino [off 78']

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Henderson [on 78']

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Origi [on 78']

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lallana [on 90+1']

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Alisson will be back for the next game. We've played 8 and won 8 in his absence, how can anyone complain about Adrian with those results? Sure he's not as good as a 65M keeper but how could he be.....a free signing......he's better than the two we let go.

andyclegs

Andy C Legs
How the hell did we win that? Superb Mané goal. Should have finished them off just after the break and always feared they’d have a chance and take it and that is what happened. Un-beilievable get out of jail card with the penalty. Thank god milly was there. Massive, massive win.

jabu

TIA New Signing
Im not a fan of the international breaks but i am starting to appreciate them mo and mo, especially from a mental point of view. The boyz play so many games in between (7 in 22 days this time). They are all intense and important games and i think the International break actually gives them respite and a chance to take a mental break. Its like a mental rest period before the next round of games. So in that spirit, "International break I Salute u"...

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Jesus. What an ending. No doubt the second hardest club to take maximum points from on current form. Supermane again. The guy is super human. Everything he does is just perfect. Check out those last gasp tackles in the first half where if he judged it wrong they are getting a free kick right on the edge of the box. Bloody brilliant player.

Almost giving a vote to Lallana for inciting a brawl with those cunts after the whistle. Almost.

I know Klopp is fuming but I don't see Mo's injury is too serious. Hopefully any swelling will be back down before United.

EDIT: Oh sheeeeet. We dont play for a couple of weeks. As cynical as that tackle was, no better time to get a short term injury to a key forward.

Flobs

FADA
Thay player that gets in that space between our defence and midfield is costing us quite a few of the goals that we seem to be conceding. The defence don't step out to pressure the man and there doesn't seem to be any communication to tell Fab to pick him/them up, is it instructions from Klopp to hold our shape?

Klopp also mentioned it in the midweek game about the player in the half-space causing us problems but what is our solution is it the defences job or Fab's? for me, It should be Fab but there needs to be a clear plan and better talking on the pitch.
In this case I just felt Fab fell asleep for a crucial second.
I think our system also lets a player off the hook once in a while. There was an instancewhen LCFC broke and Wijnaldum made next to no effort to slow the break down or track the player. It was Milner who had to come over from the left to try and snuff it out. This type of stuff just opens up another side.
It was another difficult day for the midfield where we had 3 against their 5 wiyhout Mané who seemed to be defending over all the pitch I don't know where we might have ended. :)

Icedagger

Brendan supplied three more quotes for his hall of shame.

1. “It was a soft penalty.” No it was not, the player took Mane’s leg out. Stonewall pen.

2. “We deserved a point.” Once again no you did not. Your team was played off the pitch and did not have a shot on target til the middle of the second half.

3. “Hamza is a honest player and there was nothing wrong with his tackle.” Honestly this one is so egregiously wrong that it deserves a spot next to ‘The Welsh Xavi.” It was a dangerous lunging tackle from behind that deserved a red card and injured a player.

In conclusion, Brendan is still deluded.

koptician

We'll go again!
No surprise there Shearer and Murphy on MotD think it wasnt a penalty, and nothing wrong with the tackle on Salah :rolleyes:
Shearer is a dirty bastard himself (remember THAT challenge he got away with?) and Murphy is still sore about Rafa moving him on. But it does annoy me that they set the tone of how Joe Bloggs public think of what went on.
I’m not a vindictive person but someone should put on a reducer on Choudhary, see how he likes it.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Surprised we were first up on MOTD to be honest. They seemed to have been avoiding that as much as possible this season.

treboeth

How the hell did we win that? Superb Mané goal. Should have finished them off just after the break and always feared they’d have a chance and take it and that is what happened. Un-beilievable get out of jail card with the penalty. Thank god milly was there. Massive, massive win.
European Champions.

And fuckit

We Are Liverpool :love:

Fucking surprised me though as I lost my stream at 90 and never got it back(@Alright Now I was cooking tea at mum&dads :( again and I will do it all season as long as we win(and unless they tell me to fick off))

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
I just don't get how the likes of Shearer and Murphy can keep a straight face when any penalty against us if there's contact then it's a pen but any penalty for us, soft or not, there's contact but it's not a penalty.

Remember Lamela going down like he was shot a couple of seasons ago, and all we heard was how he had every right to go down because there was contact.

Just say it was soft, he's made the most of it but there's contact so it's a pen. Do not say it was not a penalty.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Brendan supplied three more quotes for his hall of shame.

1. “It was a soft penalty.” No it was not, the player took Mane’s leg out. Stonewall pen.

2. “We deserved a point.” Once again no you did not. Your team was played off the pitch and did not have a shot on target til the middle of the second half.

3. “Hamza is a honest player and there was nothing wrong with his tackle.” Honestly this one is so egregiously wrong that it deserves a spot next to ‘The Welsh Xavi.” It was a dangerous lunging tackle from behind that deserved a red card and injured a player.

In conclusion, Brendan is still deluded.
How do you know Brendan Rodgers is talking shite?
His mouth is moving.

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
Awesome 3 points from that lot and couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of cnuts. Thought they would dcause us a whole lot more trouble, especially rat face Vardy who you could be forgiven for thinking wasn't on the pitch. Very satisfying win, but far closer that it should have been.

Milly missed 2 great chances, Bobby simply had to get on the end of TAA's cross and we could have done much better in a few other situatiuons as well, including Robbos. Mo has been struggling a little lately and his link up play/passing needs to be better.

For me Leicester didn't even look likely for 95% of that game and for once I was watching it completely comfortable thety weren't troubling as at all - up until that goal that is! We could easily have beaten them 4-0.

Most important thing is we got there in the end and can't ask for better than 8 from 8. Johnny Evans can fuck right off as well.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Nothing comes easy for us. Well so be it. 8 wins out of 8 is one hell of a 'lucky' winning streak don't you think? So where does so-called luck end and a sheer bloody-minded will to succeed begin? Our performances have been quite average thus far this season and yet we are 8-0-0. Makes you wonder what we'll accomplish once we find a bit of form doesn't it?

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
In this case I just felt Fab fell asleep for a crucial second.
I think our system also lets a player off the hook once in a while. There was an instancewhen LCFC broke and Wijnaldum made next to no effort to slow the break down or track the player. It was Milner who had to come over from the left to try and snuff it out. This type of stuff just opens up another side.
It was another difficult day for the midfield where we had 3 against their 5 wiyhout Mané who seemed to be defending over all the pitch I don't know where we might have ended. :)
We say all this but to restrict Leicester to only 2 shots is excellent however, we were also Lucky that they weren't as good as Salzburg going forward.

Alright Now

European Champions.

And fuckit

We Are Liverpool :love:

Fucking surprised me though as I lost my stream at 90 and never got it back(@Alright Now I was cooking tea at mum&dads :( again and I will do it all season as long as we win(and unless they tell me to fick off))
You’re a good son. But who “cooks” tea? What is wrong with you?

jaffod

Gonna say it again. This Liverpool team is right up there with the best sides I've seen over the last 40-odd years. Pegged back today by an undeserved equaliser, half the team out on their feet after a difficult game on Wednesday and yet they still find a way to win it. They just never, ever give in, which is more than could be said for some in the crowd today who were giving Trent shit after he overhit that late free-kick and another cross just before the pen. Clueless, ungrateful cunts.
Right now Mane is the best player in the world. I wouldn't swap him for anyone. His work-rate is immense, closing down, slide tackles on the edge of our own box and lethal in front of goal.
Gave him MOTM, again, with Milner and Lovren getting the other votes. Fabinho great as well, constantly getting a telescopic leg in the way and breaking up play.
Leicester can fuck off. There's something snide about them that seems to come out every time they come here. Vardy, Schmeichel, that stupid looking cunt who fouled Mo, fucking dickhead fans singing 'champions of England, you'll never sing that' 18 times dickheads with 6 European Cups thrown in for good measure.
Of course the agenda is set again now whereby Mane is a cheating foreigner, just like salah, despite the fact there was clear contact. Bald cunts Murphy and Shearer sit in the MOTD studio every week banging on about how forwards "felt contact so are entitled to go down", unless they're wearing a Liverpool shirt that is and then they're divers. Pair of absolute thick as pigshit wankers. Murphy reckoned it was a good tackle on Mo, the type you see every week. Could easily have broken his ankle but don't let that stop you spouting shit.
Only criticism today was JK leaving the subs too late as is often the case. Felt we needed fresh legs around the hour mark given Leicester had 3 extra days rest on us. People complaining we looked tired need to look at the bigger picture - there's a very good reason for that. That we still found a winner is testament to how fucking determined this Liverpool team is.
Up the fucking Reds!!

jaffod

Elated with that but..........if Kane had gone down like Sadio there might have been a few on here giving him stick :unsure: . I would have been gutted if that was given at the other end but hey ho 3 more points.
Mention it next time you're in your England-flag-bedecked local in that alternate universe you live in, you might find someone who gives a fuck.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
So he made a safe from something that does not matter, typical, he should have saved that weak ass shot that went in. Some of you are happy with him as a second goalkeeper, good, fine I'm not, Nuff' said from me about a second rade goalkeeper. We should have done better than giving him a contract IMHO.
Just wow, im so glad you are in a minority with your support of our players

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Fuck’s sake, give over.

Alison will back after the internationals, and Adrian has been a great deputy in his absence. Everything you could expect from a second keeper.

It’s feeling a bit like a irrational vendetta, this.
To be fair, Adrian missed all three of his scoring chances, it really should have been 5-1.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
This guy has me on ignore. He called me a liar, then put me on ignore. Clever.

This is baiting.......
rehashing his views in the long closed bias thread. He knows it though, he just couldnt resist his petty barb after we win the match. Waiting long for your chance??

It was not a questionable penalty and was affirmed by VAR. No real question.
We were denied two penalties this season that City would probably have been awarded, he had no comedic response then. Leicester should have been down to 10 men again in this seasons match but he fails to see that.

Maybe someone tell him to come out from behind the chair and debate, or cut the schoolboy attempt at wit.
Just in regards to VAR it doesn't qualify whether it is a penalty or not it is there to see if it was a clear and definite mistake, as there was contact they can't rule it out. The current way VAR is used is bullshit as it has cost us in Europe and also other penalties, but hey ho that is how it has been used

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I thought I would post a link to what happend

Leicester players clearly at fault.
Leicester will be at pains to make sure no one complains too loudly - that could be a 3-game suspension for Schmeichel for being that stupid.

Just once in this sport, I'd like to see that sort of behaviour punished, particularly whichever Leicester defender it was that saw fit to go over and throw himself into Lallana when Lallana was clearly trying to make nothing of Schmeichel's idiocy. All this tough guy posing, and not one of them ever takes a punch to the jaw for it.