• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Man City (EPL 10/11/19 4.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 42 18.9%
  • Lovren

Votes: 16 7.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 27 12.2%
  • Fabinho [GOAL 9’]

Votes: 157 70.7%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 65 29.3%
  • Henderson [off 61’]

Votes: 24 10.8%
  • Salah [GOAL 13’, off 87’]

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • Firmino [off 78’]

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Mane [GOAL 51’]

Votes: 27 12.2%
  • Milner [on 61’]

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 78’]

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Gomez [on 87’]

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
I got permission (ahem) to watch it again last night.....
for kicks - I wanted to focus on Gini (helps when you know the result)
his workrate/running left me exhausted just watching -
I was struck with how aggressive he was in the opening 15 minutes - with both challenges AND how quick and aggressively he was in the faces of the Man City players during the VAR discussion on the first goal/handball issue

Also, still puzzled why Mo swapped from long sleeve shirt in first half to short sleeve in the second half (I doubt Anfield on the pitch got any warmer in the second half)

really hate international breaks (except for resting up our lads)

jaffod

I got permission (ahem) to watch it again last night.....
for kicks - I wanted to focus on Gini (helps when you know the result)
his workrate/running left me exhausted just watching -
I was struck with how aggressive he was in the opening 15 minutes - with both challenges AND how quick and aggressively he was in the faces of the Man City players during the VAR discussion on the first goal/handball issue

Also, still puzzled why Mo swapped from long sleeve shirt in first half to short sleeve in the second half (I doubt Anfield on the pitch got any warmer in the second half)

really hate international breaks (except for resting up our lads)
Maybe he was getting his shirt pulled in the 1st half?

cynicaloldgit

Green, not greed
Ad-free Member
Morning all. Had a bit of a lie-in today- that’s what Saturdays are for- so apologies for the slightly late look at the table this morning.

Today, we’re going to see what the view is like from Italy:

Any changes? No- we’re still eight points clear.

Mamma mia!

FGred

Morning all. Had a bit of a lie-in today- that’s what Saturdays are for- so apologies for the slightly late look at the table this morning.

Mamma mia!
Grassier Millet

jaffod

Mamma mia!
Looking at that table it struck me that if Everton played Norwich on Friday night and beat them 10-0 they'd be up to 5th. Mad that.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC

Not sure if this has been shared here. Something to pass the time in this international break
'If any of that were true, Guardiola himself would not regard Liverpool as “the best team in the world right now,” its presence as “the greatest challenge” he has faced as a manager, or Anfield as “the most difficult stadium” in the world for any visiting team. He certainly would not — as he admitted in a talk at the University of Liverpool last year — find that he could not concentrate on reading a book because his thoughts kept turning to “Jürgen Klopp and Liverpool.”'

:ROFLMAO: Definitely living rent free in his head.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist

Red Submarine

SIX, and counting.

Lfcni1986

Being from Northern Ireland, I hadn't been to a match since I was little, luckily when booking a match with local travel firm I was lucky and was able to get tickets for the city match.

Absolutely unbelievable, was at the stadium from 2pm, had a few beer at the Park bar then seen the buses coming in, was seated at anfield road for the first two goals.

I have never experienced an atmosphere like it, especially You'll never walk alone before kick off.

I'm not going to hit 13 games a season, but does anyone know any other legitimate ways excluding hospitality of getting tickets? I've been reading it's an absolute nightmare, I would be happy with any home game to be honest, city match was just pot luck.

RedLar

City are the only side gives us any real bother. They edged possession, passing, shots, but not goals, the main stat. I thought we struggled to build phases of possession for most of the game, and benefitted from a fair bit of luck and poor city finishing. Our own finishing being of the highest caliber. Early goals in each half rather killed off city. Aguero in absolute crap form never helped them. The fact they all took the lead from pep and melted down, was a joy to witness. Still, they had us hemmed in for periods, and I think any result from the away fixture will be a bonus. Interesting to see where we stand come January 1.

Far from over, and irritating to listen to so-called experts saying we have it wrapped up. 2 defeats, or banana skins, and it's game back on. Not in the realms of fantasy to suggest we might lose the odd matches.

Here we are though, 8 points clear and undefeated still. Boss man!

seino

November Champion
I have to agree with all of this, Chelsea and Leicester are looking very good, but I'm nowhere near writing City off yet. I still wish we weren't going to Qatar I just don't rate that competition.
I do rate the competition personally, just not happy about the timing or distance involved in it.
And I wouldn't write City off either. I think they're more likely to go on a sustained winning streak than either Leicester or Chelsea, but I could also see them completely drop off form now they're chasing from the back. We'll see!

seino

November Champion
I have never experienced an atmosphere like it, especially You'll never walk alone before kick off.

I'm not going to hit 13 games a season, but does anyone know any other legitimate ways excluding hospitality of getting tickets? I've been reading it's an absolute nightmare, I would be happy with any home game to be honest, city match was just pot luck.
What a game to be at! Glad you enjoyed it mate.

Regards legit tickets, it is a nightmare to be honest. I'm a registered LFC member, as is my dad and my son. I've tried the 3rd phase ticketing 'queue' for a few years now and have never gotten a single ticket. The ticketing system is (rightly) tipped in favour of fans who go to nearly every game the previous season being guaranteed a ticket to every game this season, but when they open up third phase tickets for a select few matches (the only ones overseas fans like us are able to bid for) you're still up against the phase 1 and phase 2 buyers for tickets, so it's literally thousands of people in the queue for each available ticket. I'll keep trying, and determined to bring my kid to Anfield on a legitimate ticket one day, but other than that it's outrageously overpriced agents if you want to get to the match.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
The only legitimate way is club membership. This gives you an opportunity to try to buy tickets although it doesn't guarantee you'll actually get one. There are 2 bulk membership sales each year. One in July for the first half of the season and the second in November for the second half. The second bulk sale is actually this week (Thursday for those with no credits). I don't know when the cut-off is for you to be eligible if you decided to join now. Worth checking the website.

If you miss out on the bulk sales then there is another opportunity to get a ticket about 2 weeks before the match in the late sales. After that tickets pop up randomly on the site between then and the day of the game. These later tickets are returns from other members, season ticket holders, unsold hospitality etc. To see any of the big 6 teams (and Everton) you need 4 credits from the previous season.

Demand outstrips supply enormously so getting any tickets through the bulk sales requires a huge slice of luck. You basically need to be at the front of a very big online queue. Getting tickets from late sales also requires luck, plus a knowledge of how the system works and when tickets are likely to come up, extreme dedication, a lot of spare time and fast reflexes as tickets are literally up on screen for just a few seconds before they are sold. In short, it is the absolute nightmare you've read about.

Commando

Ad-free Member
The only legitimate way is club membership. This gives you an opportunity to try to buy tickets although it doesn't guarantee you'll actually get one. There are 2 bulk membership sales each year. One in July for the first half of the season and the second in November for the second half. The second bulk sale is actually this week (Thursday for those with no credits). I don't know when the cut-off is for you to be eligible if you decided to join now. Worth checking the website.

If you miss out on the bulk sales then there is another opportunity to get a ticket about 2 weeks before the match in the late sales. After that tickets pop up randomly on the site between then and the day of the game. These later tickets are returns from other members, season ticket holders, unsold hospitality etc. To see any of the big 6 teams (and Everton) you need 4 credits from the previous season.

Demand outstrips supply enormously so getting any tickets through the bulk sales requires a huge slice of luck. You basically need to be at the front of a very big online queue. Getting tickets from late sales also requires luck, plus a knowledge of how the system works and when tickets are likely to come up, extreme dedication, a lot of spare time and fast reflexes as tickets are literally up on screen for just a few seconds before they are sold. In short, it is the absolute nightmare you've read about.
Or you could just start supporting Citoil, turn up on the day and get a ticket from the ticket office. True story, a few season's back (2006 just checked) Mrs CDO who wasn't a season ticket holder at the time got an email the day before the Manchester derby asking if she wanted tickets. I kid you not. Even if both us and the Ev were relegated to the conference I still believe it'd be a sellout.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Or you could just start supporting Citoil, turn up on the day and get a ticket from the ticket office. True story, a few season's back (2006 just checked) Mrs CDO who wasn't a season ticket holder at the time got an email the day before the Manchester derby asking if she wanted tickets. I kid you not. Even if both us and the Ev were relegated to the conference I still believe it'd be a sellout.
To be fair, back in 2006, that was an utterly different club. In 2006, that would have been a diligent club sales office doing everything they possibly could to fill Eastlands with known blue fans before all the tickets ended up with ManU support.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
late to the party!

absolutely massive 3pts!

great team performance. Gini was a monster, his best performance to date? Hendo the magnificent. Alison calm and assured. Lovren put in a good shift, Virgil eased his way through the match. our full backs delivered the goods, although Trent had a testing time with Sterling! Sterling played his best game at Anfield.

Fab was fab! hope Salah is ok, his ankle needs resting. when Mane made it 3 I knew that was it!

8pts clear.
another test coming up!!!

In Klopp we trust!!!

The Phenom

Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis
Did they say they'll pay her for taking up the tickets? :LOL:

Commando

Ad-free Member
I swear, Pep Guardiola provides comic relief with his antics, that clip of Pep 'losing it' on the sidelines will go down in history. He reminded me abit of Basil Fawltey
“Right that’s it. I warned you. I’m going to give you a damned good thrashing”.

Only in a Spanish accent.