Post Match: Liverpool v Man City (EPL 7/10/18 4.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Gomez

Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Lovren

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • Robertson

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Milner (off 28’)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henderson

Votes: 26 16.0%
  • Salah

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Firmino (off 72')

• Mane

• Keita (on 28’)

• Sturridge (on 72')

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedLar

I wouldn't put Hazard in the same category as those first 3 names. Ronaldo and Messi if from another planet, and since 2004/05 till 2013/14 season, Gerrard been the goto guy to bail us out. Hazard's been hot one season and cold another, and while playing so far forward and having the team built around his attack, he didn't exactly tear the league into pieces. I would rate Aguero and Kane much higher than Hazard.
I say Kane is overrated at the world level, and while he might have scored enough to get a world cup boot (several pens), he could do little to affect the outcome of many England's proper matches, because he is just not versatile, nor mobile enough. A great poacher. In some World Cup matches, I felt he could have been replaced by Vardy who might have offered England a little more pace and endeavour. Alas, Kane was also captain, so seemingly undroppable. Harsh perhaps, but Kane was largely invisible in some World Cup matches.

Agree on Hazard having one off season, but I fancy he responds to his manager letting him loose. Electric player whose form (or class) tends to dictate that of Chelsea's. Mark of a good player for me. I'd have him in a red shirt any day. Take him and Aguerro over Kane meself. Latter is too one dimensional for me.