POST MATCH: Liverpool v Newcastle (EPL 26/12/2018 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Lovren [GOAL 11’]

Votes: 34 21.8%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Robertson [off 80’]

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Henderson

Votes: 46 29.5%
  • Wijnaldum [off 61’]

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Shaqiri [GOAL 79’]

Votes: 19 12.2%
  • Salah [GOAL 47’]

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • Firmino [off 68’]

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Mane [GOAL 31’]

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Fabinho [on 61’, GOAL 84’]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sturridge [on 68’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clyne [on 80’]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
7 points ahead of our "rivals" from Manchester. Wow, who'd had seen that coming a few weeks ago?

This was such easy watching, love that we took our chances and improved our goal difference.

This team is special, by far the best Liverpool side I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Fucking hell Klopp has built something special in such a short time.

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
Did I miss anything? ;-)

Really good performance from us. Obviously Newcastle aren't in a good way right now but that was as controlled and relentless a win as I can remember from us, just bullied them really and the result was never in doubt even for a moment.

City must be shitting their pants.

Magnus

Terrific match. Can't complain about anything of substance. Yes, Firminho not up to his best, nor was Trent and Shaqiri in the first half (in the second half they were amazing!), but the rest of the team was damn solid. The second half? We went into top gear and crushed them. Should have been 5-6. The second half was actually that strong ! All in all, a fantastic match and one that was extremely easy on the eye ! :-) IMO, Salah MotM, he was simply amazing.

Continue to have a merry Christmas, all of you!

Last edited:
C

Caradoc

I could say an awful lot but I don’t think I need to. The EPL Table says it all ........ it really does. Klopp and his players have been quite magnificent and throroughly deserve to be where they are right now! I can’t speak highly enough of them. I’m just a VERY proud supporter of this wonderful football club.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
I think this is possibly the best Liverpool team in my lifetime. The nearest one was the team with Torres, Alonso and Mascherano but that team lacked a bit of depth. Everyone we have signed has been superb. The only negative from this game is: it's a bit sad seeing Newcastle being so poor. A million miles from the two 4-3 classics I watched when I was a kid. I hope they get rid of Ashley.

Red over the water

Excellent. A measured 4-0 win, in control throughout.

They had a good chance near the end but Alisson takes the clean sheet personally, and makes sure he keeps them out, not once but twice. It’s little things like that that fill me with hope for what we might do this season.

LFCFFC

I think this is possibly the best Liverpool team in my lifetime. The nearest one was the team with Torres, Alonso and Mascherano but that team lacked a bit of depth. Everyone we have signed has been superb. The only negative from this game is: it's a bit sad seeing Newcastle being so poor. A million miles from the two 4-3 classics I watched when I was a kid. I hope they get rid of Ashley.
Mike Ashley is a parasite and the sooner they're rid of him the better.

For Toon's sake, you can only hope they still have Rafa when he goes. I'm doubtful.