POST MATCH: Liverpool v Newcastle (EPL 26/12/2018 3pm)

Man of the Match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Lovren [GOAL 11’]

Votes: 34 21.8%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Robertson [off 80’]

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Henderson

Votes: 46 29.5%
  • Wijnaldum [off 61’]

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Shaqiri [GOAL 79’]

Votes: 19 12.2%
  • Salah [GOAL 47’]

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • Firmino [off 68’]

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Mane [GOAL 31’]

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Fabinho [on 61’, GOAL 84’]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sturridge [on 68’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clyne [on 80’]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Werder4life

The Xmas gift that keeps on giving ... delightfull win , never threatend after Dejan's opener and City dropping the ball again - let's keep it up lads - Arsenal next , another difficult one but every reason to be confident. That was a hands down total dominant display with NCFC's wind sucked straight out of the sails at the very beginning.

A brilliant team display that makes it difficult again to figure out the Motm. I go for Dejan , the supposedly weakest link in the side atm - who just turned up with a bang and the most delightfull long pass to Sadio , I so much wished would have resulted in what would have been goal of the season this far - we all know what that miss means - Sadio with at least one screamer against Arsenal.

Well done boys and on to a spiked hot chocolate for me to watch the post game hysteria and Kloppo fencing off the press claims of the title now apparently being Liverpool's to lose.

Last edited:

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren: "We just focused on ourselves and it's game by game for us. Every game is a final for us. It was a tough opening first half - it's difficult to score against Newcsatle but we showed patience and quality

"We need to keep this momentum and after the next couple of games we will see where we are. Every game now matters.

"We just look at ourselves, how we perform and this is what the manager wants from us. The rest will happen. It's a good day for us, good for the fans and let's do it again against Arsenal.

"It's not easy today to win 4-0."

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Typical game these days. Apart from:
  1. Lovren getting jealous of his CB partner and scoring a belter.
  2. The ref awarding us a rather soft penalty for the first time since October 2017.
  3. Fabinho scoring his first goal.
  4. Shitty losing after going ahead for the second consecutive time.
  5. Liverpool 6 points clear at the top of the table.
Now if only Spuds would just piss off. Other than that, this is shaping up to be a perfect December.

Last edited:

Nur der BvB09

WELL DONE LADS!! Concentrated and got the Job done with that Arsenal game coming up in a couple of days.
Anfield today lot to cheer About. So far the 2018 in premier league ist been LFC all over it!! Long may it continue!
Lets Keep the great Spirits up till the end of Season !YNWA

Last edited:

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Great result but a slightly strange game. At times we were a bit ineffective and at other times our football was breathtaking. Even so, 4-0 and we are still, IMO, not playing at 100%. If Bobby was playing better then we'd be there. Let's not forget that we didn't really hit our stride last season until 2017 gave way to 2018.

RodM

Well this afternoon couldn't have gone much better for us. Considering we won 4:0 I was very impressed with our defence. When playing against a densely defensive side the back 4 need to be more creative. Both wing backs were a real menace but I voted for Lovren - in the right place at the right time for the first goal and some long, accurate passes to open up the Newcastle defence.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Reached half way and we’ve done half the job, important game to win especially with what happened at the weekend, they would have probably known the half time score at Leicester so they came out in the right frame of mind. Also levelling GD with Man City is massive and only dropping one on our current next in the table rivals Spurs is also big.

Magnus

Lovren often gets a lot of criticism, but how calm was he today? The last two games he has been very strong (not even talking about his well taken goal). He is now showing that with confidence, and a bit carefulness, he is a really solid defender.

Wilkored08

I could say an awful lot but I don’t think I need to. The EPL Table says it all ........ it really does. Klopp and his players have been quite magnificent and throroughly deserve to be where they are right now! I can’t speak highly enough of them. I’m just a VERY proud supporter of this wonderful football club.
Proud, proud, proud....pride and the passion.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
A calm as you like atmosphere and game really. Lovren started us beautifully with a well taken half volley that he belted into the top corner. A striker's finish. Mo then went down rather easily though the ref was blowing his whistle for the slightest nudge so it makes sense to me to go down easy if the ref was going to call it that way. Richard Keys thinks it was simulation and Mo might be in trouble by the FA and they can suspend him for 2 games if found guilty. If that happens I think we should kick up a storm about how it was our first pen since October 2017 that should shut them up.

7 points ahead of City and the GD even. Oh and Spurs have caught up with City so they are 6 points behind us. At this point the league really is ours to lose.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Need to keep our heads level.
Long long way to go.
All the head to heads will be basically 6 pointers. If we win against our direct rivals, we will be in a very strong position.
City and UTD away,
Spurs, arsenal, Chelsea home.
Go unbeaten and get 11 points from those and we would be favourites.

Incognito

The Normal One
From we aren't going away city, I had been posting in post match threads to here's a situation we are where we ARE going away from city but ahead of them! Unbelievable!
Still half way through and we need a second half of season as good as the first but my oh my what a ride it has been till now.

Fcking confused who to vote for motm, they're all freaking good equally! Legendary!

Merry Christmas! lol:celebrating:

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
So many concentrate on Man City at the start of the season, nobody gives Spurs who has yet to draw a chance. Now they are the one clipping our heels instead of City, and we should never lose sight on that fucking team. I know Klopp won't, but I can see our fans already celebrating City lost. Relax fellas, they won't lose too many games and I am hoping to see Spurs dropping points sooner rather than later.

As for our match. First half was very wasteful, a lot of chances carved open and Mane especially squandered a few of them. We went ahead with a wonder strike by the best defender in the world (:J), Lovren can't hit it any sweeter. From there you know we are just going to go and rip them apart. Then you remember - Rafa Benitez is their manager. So I expect another goal and shut up shop. At least that's what I thought.

Second half started with a little dirty fall from Salah. A slight pull and trip, left the referee no chance but to give us a penalty which saw Salah tucked it in with power and pace low driving strike. Through the keeper left bottom corner, and we are now 2 goals up. You know if Rafa don't bring in more defenders they are going to get thrash. The one player that kept them alive and respectable till the 70th minute was Diame. He was all over the place, stuck his foot in and win blocks and tackles. Now, no matter how fit you are, there is no way you can keep going playing against us, no battery in the world could last that long.

As soon as Diame losing his grip through fatigue, we started to control and pin them in their own final 3rd. It's only a matter of time before we carve them out. Sturridge pass the ball to Henderson who moved it quickly to the flanks for Alexander-Arnold to cross it in, and Shaqiri - my man of the match, put it away. 3 up and deal is sealed.

Firmino is still not up to his oldself yet. Mane's consistency need to improve and our defenders should be more aware of crosses. Arsenal will give us a much stiffer test. We need to keep our focus, I am getting greedy and I want us to win the rest of the 19! Come on!

Lastly - @nobluff should be the only Pre-Match thread starter. I urge mods to delete anyone else who tries to do it. @Lowton_Red should keep his fine print going.... and @Maria continue to miss the match, while I will stay away until half time and full time (and stay sober)!

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Great performance from the lads,Klopp has really got something together here.
Steamrolled then in the second half.
The way Spurs are going just now,they are looking to be the ones we need to keep an eye on with City falling in a heap at the minute.
Either way,loving the way we asre travelling just now.
Who the hell to give Motm to?

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
A calm as you like atmosphere and game really. Lovren started us beautifully with a well taken half volley that he belted into the top corner. A striker's finish. Mo then went down rather easily though the ref was blowing his whistle for the slightest nudge so it makes sense to me to go down easy if the ref was going to call it that way. Richard Keys thinks it was simulation and Mo might be in trouble by the FA and they can suspend him for 2 games if found guilty. If that happens I think we should kick up a storm about how it was our first pen since October 2017 that should shut them up.

7 points ahead of City and the GD even. Oh and Spurs have caught up with City so they are 6 points behind us. At this point the league really is ours to lose.
City didn't draw you know. Tottenham are now second, six points behind us and one point ahead of City.