• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Liverpool v Norwich (9/8/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson [off]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Gomez

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Van Dijk [GOAL 28’]

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Robertson

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 31 18.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henderson

Votes: 42 24.4%
  • Salah [GOAL 18’]

Votes: 46 26.7%
  • Firmino [off 85’]

Votes: 122 70.9%
  • Origi [GOAL 41’, off 74’]

Votes: 43 25.0%
  • Adrian [on]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mane [on 74’]

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Milner [on 85’]

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
#LFC starting XI v Norwich: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Origi, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Adrian, Matip, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Mane

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
In a change to this season’s MOTM poll, you can vote for up to three players. This will give an collective impression of who the forum judges to be the man of the match.

(Someone suggested this last year, and I thought it was a good idea)

Incognito

The Normal One
Hola PL 2019-20! European champions have arrived. We weren't just good, we were scary good, especially in that first half!!

Bobby was toying with them at times. Trent different than his preseason form and the full backs back to their best. Origi justifying why he deserved that contract extension and repayed the trust put in him. Just hope Alisson is fine

Perfect team to play against for the first game. Top of the table, chase on suckers lol:celebrating:

cynicaloldgit

Offside by an armpit
Ad-free Member
Firstly, credit to Norwich. They came to Anfield and didn’t just stick ten men behind the ball; indeed, they deserved more than just the one goal.

We were dismal for long spells and both Trent and Gomez looked very rusty. Our second half was total rubbish.

Still, there won’t be too many complaints if we’re 4-0 up at half time every week.

Magnus

Okay, honest appraisal of this game: We played an offensively good game in the first half, but we all, or most of us anyway, saw that Norwich could easily have scored 1-3 goals in that half and we failed to dominate the half despite scoring 4. That is a worry against better opposition. Then on to the second half, in this half we were completely complacent, but actually dominated unlike the first half. We were terribly ineffective though, and Norwich created chances and managed indeed, to score a nice goal. In short, we lost the second half and won the first half in a very unconvincing manner.
This display was more than good enough to beat Norwich, and probably a few other teams as well, but this display should worry us, since our midfield and defence were defensively very weak today.
At the same time, I had a fantastic time watching the first half, it was nice on the eye despite the fact that we never dominated and Norwich should have scored (rather because of that it was extra entertaining) . But there is a massive amount of work to be done in training based on this game. It can only be better, so no reason to despair or anything like this. Still, this was a worry. Thankful for the 3 points though ! :)

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself
Trent needs to sort out his positioning. midfield got bypassed too easily for large parts of the match - Gini especially poor for me.

Thought Fabinho played well, attack was lethal and should have had a few more goals but for Krull making some fantastic saves.

right side of defense looks rough.

Dave-D

Top of the league and +3 GD that’ll do nicely

Front three of Salah, Firmino and Origi looked good I just wish Firmino had scored the goal his play deserved

Negatives Alisson injury hopefully not serious and the defence looked shaky which hopefully is just a bit of ring rust

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Great result, but some tediously scrutinizing performances on the forum for the first gameweek. Let's see how convincing our rivals will be. Laid down a nice marker with the season opener.

Coddite84

Great first half. Looked on the money. Poor 2nd, Trent again to blame for their goal. Looking suspect at the back so far he needs to up his game. Mo needs to pass more. If he did we could have scored another 2

phil smith

A good win to start the season but not a great performance. Norwich caused us plenty of problems at the back and I think TAA struggled again tonight. The game was basically over at half time and it was noticeable that we had taken our foot off the gas. Don't think Norwich are going to give any of the big teams a lot of problems with their defence but a nice way to get back into the swing for the boys.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I ironically thought Norwich had a better first half than second. Some worries at the back and I would consider Matip. Henderson covering the right side helped more in the later stages of the 3rd and in the second.

My only major issue is Alisson's injury