• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Liverpool v Norwich (9/8/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson [off]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Gomez

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Van Dijk [GOAL 28’]

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Robertson

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 31 18.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henderson

Votes: 42 24.4%
  • Salah [GOAL 18’]

Votes: 46 26.7%
  • Firmino [off 85’]

Votes: 122 70.9%
  • Origi [GOAL 41’, off 74’]

Votes: 43 25.0%
  • Adrian [on]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mane [on 74’]

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Milner [on 85’]

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Werder4life

Before kick off I would have taken that result all day . After halftime I hoped for a little bit more though, subs a bit earlier , any of Naby , Ox or Shaq on - not because of bad play of any midfielders - just to get them up to a rolling start for the season. Still good play on show , just the goals were prevented by some decent goalkeeping - need to sharpen defensively though.

Good start.

Ljc1109

Fantastic most of the time, bits of average, with a couple abysmal moments. 4-1 though!! What a start!!

Henderson looks like he’s on a mission. 100% effort the entire match. Firmino looks amazing.

What’s happened to the best defense in the league from last season? Worrisome the holes other teams are finding. Hopefully just getting rid of the rustiness. Really worried about Alisson, never a good sign to drop down like that without any contact.

All in all- overall a very strong showing and a good statement of our intent this year to continue where we left off!

Brianaldo

wants the league
I expected a fairly easy win. Not happy with the chances the defence conceded throughout the 90 minutes, nor with the all around flat play in the second half, although that happens sometimes holding a big lead such as we did.

Obviously the biggest concern at this point is of the fitness of the keeper.

Some simple gooner pal of mine already texted me saying he’s looking forward to meeting us in week 3 without Alisson. What an idiot. Told him im
Not worried since Arsenal doesn’t move the bell up front as nicely as Norwich does.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Martin Tyler is so desperate for something he is repeating winning the second half.

God I wish he would retire
It’s ashamed that for a seasoned commentator he didn’t realise that football results count both half and who scored more at the final whistle. Senile?

Herb

Think Firmino was our star performer on the night, was delighted to see how sharp he looked without much of a pre season.

Not sure anybody else really stood out. Virgil and Robbo were generally pretty solid, Salah and Origi threatened enough without being at their best. Can tell half of them are still lacking a bit of sharpness, Gini and Hendo look tired, the midfield wasn’t quite functioning right defensively all night. Gomez and Trent struggled with positioning, we come out of that game probably fortunate only to concede once.

Obviously gutted about Alisson as well. Hopefully it’s just a case of a few weeks and not many months.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
In a change to this season’s MOTM poll, you can vote for up to three players. This will give an collective impression of who the forum judges to be the man of the match.

(Someone suggested this last year, and I thought it was a good idea)
This is an excellent idea!

Good first match, some legs got a bit tired towards the end which is to be expected, but otherwise thought we did well and Norwich had a proper go as well so a nice workout for everyone.

The main talking point though is obviously Alisson, praying it's something relatively minor.