• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Liverpool v Norwich (9/8/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson [off]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Gomez

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Van Dijk [GOAL 28’]

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Robertson

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 31 18.0%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henderson

Votes: 42 24.4%
  • Salah [GOAL 18’]

Votes: 46 26.7%
  • Firmino [off 85’]

Votes: 122 70.9%
  • Origi [GOAL 41’, off 74’]

Votes: 43 25.0%
  • Adrian [on]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mane [on 74’]

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Milner [on 85’]

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ianrush

TIA Squad Member
hopefully, alisson's injury is not serious. i don't like the new goal-kick rule - the ball is active once it leaves the goalkeeper’s foot and does not have to go out of the penalty area. what's the purpose? if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
Klopp saying Alisson thought something had hit him so obviously more than a strain. A tear of some sort I'd reckon from reading the quotes.
Owen absolutely nailed that diagnosis in his analysis to be fair. Almost word for word what Klopp said at full time.

As horrible as that is, I feel an injury to Alisson will impact us far less than an injury to an outfield Mane, Salah etc.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Match report from the kop:

Just get the 3 points surely. That was the mood pre match in the kop bar. Mate said he hopes it gets dark quickly and then flood lights really shine! Positive mood, champions of Europe you know.

So to our seats. Right edge of the kop, under the score board - over looking part of the Kenny stand. Good view of the pitch. Red card on my seat for the mosaic. Hold it aloft after YNWA.

And so it started. Being in the mosaic you don’t get to see it. Banners updated, but can’t see them properly.

We couldn’t see any scoreboard so it may be confusing if VAR came into play.

Goals coming in thick and fast. Even norwich had some glimmers. Alison - what happened? Just pray it’s not serious.

But 4-0 half time. Easy.

Talk is will it be 7 or 9 -0....

2nd half some near misses. Then they score. How dare they? What happened? And we don’t. Origi tired and subbed off. Mane came on, bet he was training on his holiday. Looked so sharp.

So it ended 4-1.... but should have been 7-0.

Top of the league. Champions of Europe. It’s my birthday in an hour - going to just enjoy rest of this weekend.

Anfield, so magical - missed this place.

treboeth

Just get the 3 points surely. That was the mood pre match in the kop bar. Mate said he hopes it gets dark quickly and then flood lights really shine! Positive mood, champions of Europe you know.

So to our seats. Right edge of the kop, under the score board - over looking part of the Kenny stand. Good view of the pitch. Red card on my seat for the mosaic. Hold it aloft after YNWA.

And so it started. Being in the mosaic you don’t get to see it. Banners updated, but can’t see them properly.

Goals coming in thick and fast. Even norwich had some glimmers. Alison - what happened? Just pray it’s not serious.

But 4-0 half time. Easy.

2nd half some near misses. Then they score. How dare they? What happened? And we don’t. Origi tired and subbed off. Mane came on, bet he was training on his holiday. Looked so sharp.

Top of the league. Champions of Europe. It’s my birthday in an hour - going to just enjoy rest of this weekend.

Good report.

Happy Birthday :cheers:

FGred

This is the worst analysis I've ever seen, I haven't heard how well Liverpool have attacked yet.

Yeah Norwich had 5 chances in that first half but only one was really good and that was blown up for off side.
As long as we keep winning every game their stomach acid will increase and their analysis I don’t bother with the only analysis I care about is LFCTV and Klopps

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
great 1st half, 4 goals up, and game over!

2nd half, we took the foot of the throttle, and conserved energy for another day,
although this let Norwich back into the game somewhat,
I think we still could have scored more goals if we wanted to.

As for Alissons injury, hope its not too bad,
but i'm not worried about his absence, as we still have VVD marshalling the defence!

Also, Re: VVD's goals, another goal from a corner!!!
Maybe I am wrong on this,
but I get the impression that we have scored alot more goals from corners under Klopps reign
than we have done before he came! (does that make sense), as I seem to remember that our corners
were more often than not, wasted!

any statisticians that can look that up?
I have tried to look but had no success.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
great 1st half, 4 goals up, and game over!

2nd half, we took the foot of the throttle, and conserved energy for another day,
although this let Norwich back into the game somewhat,
I think we still could have scored more goals if we wanted to.

As for Alissons injury, hope its not too bad,
but i'm not worried about his absence, as we still have VVD marshalling the defence!

Also, Re: VVD's goals, another goal from a corner!!!
Maybe I am wrong on this,
but I get the impression that we have scored alot more goals from corners under Klopps reign
than we have done before he came! (does that make sense), as I seem to remember that our corners
were more often than not, wasted!

any statisticians that can look that up?
I have tried to look but had no success.
We were 6 ahead on set pieces from anyone else last season, we used to be terrible at corners was a running joke under Rodgers on here. We are more of a threat for certain. I remember being top of the corners scored chart near the end of the season.

Red over the water

Tough break on Alisson. I’ve had that injury before, torn calf muscle, and mine popped when I did it. Recovery time hard to say, but he will have the best care possible so it will be optimized. Just need to see the degree of tear, but bad luck. When he comes back it will be in the back of his mind when he puts his foot through the ball, at least mine was.

Adrian is a similar level goalie to Mignolet, but is better with the ball at his feet, so stylistically we should be OK. Still, he’s not in Alisson’s class, so if we need a big moment from the goalie to win a tight game it’s touch and go. Hopefully the rest of the team does it’s job and we plough through.

Red over the water

As for the game, job done. 4-1 is fine. There’s plenty to work on though.

Defensively we were nowhere near our best, and that needs to improve. I’m sure it will.
Up front we were a bit wasteful, but still scored four, so can’t complain too much!
We won the game first half. The second half performance was because we aren’t 100% fit yet, and we also possibly had an eye on Wednesday.

Final word goes to Norwich. They came and had a go, so deserve credit for that. They cut us open a few times and could have scored more than one. If their fans are singing about winning the second half, good luck to them! It’s a long drive back home, so they need something.

We’ll take the points and move on.

Last edited:

treboeth

FGred

But 4-0 half time. Easy.

Happy Boythday mate