• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Porto (UCL 9/4/2019 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Milner

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Henderson

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • Keita [GOAL 5’]

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Salah

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Firmino [GOAL 26’, off 82’]

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Mane [off 73’]

• Origi [on 73’]

• Sturridge [on 82’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
I doubt I'll have the opportunity to meet him, but thanks for that.

Does anyone have a member account with the club who can try to get me one of the tickets due to release tomorrow at 8:15am by the club? I need one for Huddersfield, I'm coming in for 26th/27th and really want to see the match but I cannot register due to being out of the UK to buy a ticket. two weeks out, getting excited!!!!!

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/tickets-availability

@Red_Jedi @SBYM @ptt @Commando anyone able to help out?
Unfortunately I already have 3 tickets on mine and my 2 kids cards for this game (have 2 games on Chelsea and Wolves and am looking to get a 3rd for these games). There is a small chance (very very small) that I might have a spare for Huddersfield but I won't know until a couple of days before the match - which you are welcome to if it becomes available.... apologies that I can't help any more.

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration

Does anyone have a member account with the club who can try to get me one of the tickets due to release tomorrow at 8:15am by the club? I need one for Huddersfield, I'm coming in for 26th/27th and really want to see the match but I cannot register due to being out of the UK to buy a ticket. two weeks out, getting excited!!!!!

Sorry, can’t help mate. My rare trips to Anfield don’t give me access to normal tickets :-(

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Coming in late here, and you've all probably got this down already, but what a boost for your Captain to show best player in the run in. Im excited to see how that rubs off around the team. Though Lovren had a good game too, we miss someone with the gnarl at least to let them know he's there. I dont know who it was in the Porto team, but they kicked Keita (I think) and ran on into the attack to only be totally mullered by Lovren. Regrettably you need that to dominate at the top of the game. One or two players that do not allow the team to be kicked about. We've lost that over the years.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Coming in late here, and you've all probably got this down already, but what a boost for your Captain to show best player in the run in. Im excited to see how that rubs off around the team. Though Lovren had a good game too, we miss someone with the gnarl at least to let them know he's there. I dont know who it was in the Porto team, but they kicked Keita (I think) and ran on into the attack to only be totally mullered by Lovren. Regrettably you need that to dominate at the top of the game. One or two players that do not allow the team to be kicked about. We've lost that over the years.
Agreed. Gerrard could tackle, Carra could tackle....let them know you are there. In the glory years you had McMahon, before him Souness, Case etc. The best teams have enforcers.

Flobs

FADA
I dont know who it was in the Porto team, but they kicked Keita (I think) and ran on into the attack to only be totally mullered by Lovren.
That sequence was brilliant. I saw keita getting kicked and then the camera passed Lovren and the look on his face lol. He then went behind VVD to get the Porto player in a totally legal fashion. Rugbyman Lovren. :cheers:

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
@Scott Jones Can we have the Chelsea pre-match thread.
Come on, one sentence for the opening post does not take that long to type
You think he just rattles them off whilst on the shitter?

There’s a process, 7 stages. Meticulously planned and mapped out, before we see the glory. Don’t belittle them, or rush them. They will come.

And I still need another day to bask in Tuesday’s glory.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!

Semmy
Hope you get the tix.
Out of the UK here too - so I had to buy tix on Stubhub for this Sunday’s match.
Mortgaged the house and blew up the kids college savings - but I figure it’s more than worth the trade off.

indianaredman96

now you're gonna believe us
Blue moon forum talks more about Liverpool losing then what their team needs to do to win . Comical

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Semmy
Hope you get the tix.
Out of the UK here too - so I had to buy tix on Stubhub for this Sunday’s match.
Mortgaged the house and blew up the kids college savings - but I figure it’s more than worth the trade off.
I am fortunate that this trip has come together unexpectedly. A month ago it wasn’t on our radar but wife had a sudden work trip pop up and the dates worked. We had budgeted for a two week holiday in Caribbean and will split the budget to make this happen

Best part is, she know how much this means to me and worked her schedule around us being in Liverpool on a match day. I will be going somehow, just wanting to avoid fattening the pocket of a scalper as much as possible.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Weird how VAR distorts incidents that are otherwise totally innocuous. Since the Utd/PSG penalty the bar has been set so low for handball that every time the ball goes near the arm or the hand it looks like a penalty, especially when the incident is slowed right down. By the time I had watched, frame by frame, for about the 5th time, Alisson pat the ball against the hand of TAA from a distance of about 2 yards away I'm thinking 'maybe that's a penalty' when, of course, it absolutely isn't. Can you imagine if the whole competiiton was decided on something like that? Fortunately common sense prevailed, as it did for all the other reviewed incidents.

Lovren's selection was smart. I doubt Matip has played such an intense sequence of games since he's been at the club and he's hardly the most robust player. Lovren did fine for someone who hasn't played since Jan and we need him up to speed. I can see him and Matip being rotated between the PL and CL. Any openess at the back was largely created by holes in the midfield. Keita did well but he still needs to work on the defensive side of the game and Milner obviously struggled at times when he got caught upfield.
You're right about Trent's handball. I didn't see it live, only on replays, and after having looked at it again, it would have been harsh indeed. But we have seen them given, so still a bit lucky.

As for Lovren, I thought he looked very rusty. It's not a blame I put on him, as it is very understandable to be rusty after such a long time out, and I agree that Matip needs to be managed in terms of fitness, so no qualms from me. Yeah, the best is if the two can be rotated. But I'd really want Kloppo to put Matip back alongside VVD for the Chelsea game if he's available. That partnership looks more solid and trustworthy to me right now.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member

On sale now, but I'm sure they'll be collect in person from the TO.
If someone want to link with my members card I'll try and get them, but they'd have to collect them as I'm away at work